Daisy Pearce

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Daisy Pearce

She really grates. Whiny voice that's undecipherable.
They need to get rid of her.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
diddley
Club Player

Re: Daisy Pearce

She would be way down the list of commentators I would ditch.
Not even in the top 10

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Good special comments, if you don't like someones voice that's on you.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What’s with all the country music?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Must be hard getting thru life when u can’t stand listening to the voice of half the population :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:04pm What’s with all the country music?
Yeah not sure what ‘Country Road’ has to do with Charlie Cameron, must be a story there, not sure he’s from West Virginia.

Also ‘Sweet Caroline’ is such a bogan song.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I like Daisy. Sharper than a lot of male pundits.

if Marvel starts playing songs at Saints games, I recomment "in the Wintertime" by Weddings Parties Anything. Mentions the Saints too.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:32pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:04pm What’s with all the country music?
Yeah not sure what ‘Country Road’ has to do with Charlie Cameron, must be a story there, not sure he’s from West Virginia.

Also ‘Sweet Caroline’ is such a bogan song.
Charlie, the prodigal son returns home or something like that maybe.

It’s all very wholesome. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:47pm I like Daisy. Sharper than a lot of male pundits.

if Marvel starts playing songs at Saints games, I recomment "in the Wintertime" by Weddings Parties Anything. Mentions the Saints too.
Not a high bar.

Our play list has to include Missy Higgins, Paul Kelly: I've done all the dumb things......

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Daisy knows her footy and her "special comments" are more inciteful than knobs like Ling.

My missus, even moreso than me, cannot stand her screechy voice, which gets worse when she tries to talk over the crowd noise. Anything intelligent she has to say is lost when you put your fingers in your ears.

Saint supporter since '62
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I don't know who she is, but I get the FOX feed via AFL overseas.

Abs there us a female, and has a whiney voice ...like me

And I think she is excellent

I hear her special comments and I think they are sharp and concise and real and although, I will be honste, at first I thought, 'please, why, oh what polictical BS' then I realised she is the real deal. And I agrree she is less cliched than other comments people like Luke Darcy, whom I also like, but does know the business. (He's not exactly Gene Simmons, but he gets caight in the the fan vibe nicely) THis lady seems to really keep it at ground level

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:32pm Also ‘Sweet Caroline’ is such a bogan song.
Not sure that Neil Diamond is a favourite amongst bogan crowds. Thought they were more into stuff like Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes, Pink Floyd, 80s “c**k rock” and hair metal, etc. The stupid tradition of playing ‘Sweet Caroline’ started at Fenway Park, Boston, around 2001. They would play it in the middle of the 8th inning and there was no real good reason for it. There’s absolutely no reason for it to be played at AFL matches. It’s an act of sonic terrorism!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 8:19pm She really grates. Whiny voice that's undecipherable.
Don’t get me started! I copped a ban here after teeing off on her after she suggested that Dan Butler should have been rubbed out for his “dangerous tackle” on Blakey when we played the Swines around mid season :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 2:30am
magnifisaint wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 8:19pm She really grates. Whiny voice that's undecipherable.
Don’t get me started! I copped a ban here after teeing off on her after she suggested that Dan Butler should have been rubbed out for his “dangerous tackle” on Blakey when we played the Swines around mid season :lol:
One of the memorable meltdowns in the history of Saintsational

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
wally
Club Player

The story behind the songs being played at the Gabba is that the players have all nominated a song that gets played after that person kicks a goal.
More tolerable than Metricon where they play loud annoying trumpets

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:30pm Must be hard getting thru life when u can’t stand listening to the voice of half the population :roll:
Ahhh Dud - always with the black and white - Sorry - missed the part where the OP said they could not stand the sound of a Female Voice - I would hate to have to sit through Pee Wee Herman commentating a game.

The OP said Daisy - so maybe in your world there is Daisy and YOU - so that makes 50% - but in mine as an individual she is by far a minority

True to form - if someone has an opinion you find a way to make it an 'issue'. A true Social Warrior!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 8:27am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 23 Sep 2023 9:30pm Must be hard getting thru life when u can’t stand listening to the voice of half the population :roll:
Ahhh Dud - always with the black and white - Sorry - missed the part where the OP said they could not stand the sound of a Female Voice - I would hate to have to sit through Pee Wee Herman commentating a game.

The OP said Daisy - so maybe in your world there is Daisy and YOU - so that makes 50% - but in mine as an individual she is by far a minority

True to form - if someone has an opinion you find a way to make it an 'issue'. A true Social Warrior!
Ahh SD, always playing the man, but not a hypocrite! Definitely not, no no no.

Daisy has a run-of-the-mill average female voice, not quite the Pee Wee Herman comparison you’re aiming for. Hence why I said they must struggle out in the world.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. When it comes to commentary jobs she is by far no where near the top of the list when it comes to poor job performance, as others have already stated.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 10:17am

Daisy has a run-of-the-mill average female voice, not quite the Pee Wee Herman comparison you’re aiming for. Hence why I said they must struggle out in the world.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. When it comes to commentary jobs she is by far no where near the top of the list when it comes to poor job performance, as others have already stated.
Never said she was a great commentator - but it is a bit of a long bow to say she represents 50% of the population and the OP having a problem living in the world.

I personally would prefer her though to Kelli Underwood's "The Orange Team"

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Rather listen to Daisy than the incoherent speed talking of Luke Hodge. It’s like he has a timer on him every time he speaks.

And what he says is far from insightful

Daisy does have a whine in her voice, but at least she analyses what’s going on and communicates it!

Hodge and captain obvious Richo (and I love Richo) just speak inane crap

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 11:05am Rather listen to Daisy than the incoherent speed talking of Luke Hodge. It’s like he has a timer on him every time he speaks.

And what he says is far from insightful

Daisy does have a whine in her voice, but at least she analyses what’s going on and communicates it!

Hodge and captain obvious Richo (and I love Richo) just speak inane crap
Hodge thinks he is paid by the word

― Aristophanes

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 10:57am
The_Dud wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 10:17am

Never said she was a great commentator - but it is a bit of a long bow to say she represents 50% of the population and the OP having a problem living in the world.

I personally would prefer her though to Kelli Underwood's "The Orange Team"
definitely Daisy over Keli, Daisy is authentic, Keli is cliche riddled and clearly Denis Commetti was her idol.

My advice to any woman trying to break through the male commentating ceiling would be just know your stuff and be yourself, the blokes will love it.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

LOL, good thing we have a bunch of morons with good voices commentating instead!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I agree the voice is not suitable for audio on a media platform.

It has everything to do with voice....tone, inflection, articulation, pitch, pace, resonance, speed...she fails in 3 of these.

Note: theres plenty of people male or female or....whose voices ARE NOT SUITABLE.

If these aspects are not suitable regardless how excellent a persons insight may be they are like listening to a squawking gala.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

This isn't the 19th century mate

Maybe it's your brain that needs rewiring or you need to get your hearing checked

I think you're a mysogynist and that's the reason you started another thread complaining about Daisy's voice

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 4:23pm I agree the voice is not suitable for audio on a media platform.

It has everything to do with voice....tone, inflection, articulation, pitch, pace, resonance, speed...she fails in 3 of these.

Note: theres plenty of people male or female or....whose voices ARE NOT SUITABLE.

If these aspects are not suitable regardless how excellent a persons insight may be they are like listening to a squawking gala.
Bulldust

How do people like Garry Lyon or Jonathan Brown get jobs on radio? Because of their great resonance, articulation, tone and pitch?

They're in regular breakfast slots when the whole radio station business is geared around a successful breakfast show?

It's got nothing to do with their announcing skills or their voice.

Dennis Cometti had an ok voice and had good resonance but he was monotone with most of his commentary. He was no Sandy Roberts. He built his career on accuracy and professionalism and made his reputation on one liners.

If you can't accept someone for their voice, then you have issues.