Tim Meyers Mongrel Punt St Kilda Preview

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWiki
Club Player

Tim Meyers Mongrel Punt St Kilda Preview

Starts off with the reminder that the Saints were undervalued in 2023 and now 2024 media speculations through to substantial evaluations of Henry/Hill, King, Howard and Marshall as an entree.

3300 word count for free but you need to cough up a few dollars for more.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-season-2 ... bnvOcPjgls

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Re: Tim Meyers Mongrel Punt St Kilda Preview

A good read so far, but a bit off factually, as he said that Hill switched “between half back and wing” last year, when in reality I don’t think he played off half back all year, and he also didn’t play very much wing. He played mostly high half-forward. The two that played the great majority of their footy on the wings were Wood and Byrnes. Byrnes played almost exclusively wing, in his 20 games. And with Gresham gone, and the addition of Henry to presumably one wing for this year, I find it hard to imagine Hill not playing mostly forward again this year.

An interesting question as to whether we have the “best kids in the league”. Any team that’s doing better than Owens, Wangmil, Pou, Windy, Caminiti etc is doing well in that regard.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.