Three crucial blown calls by maggot #4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Three crucial blown calls by maggot #4

All of them in the final quarter, which resulted in goals to the window-winders :roll:

Free kick to Dangerfield for “in danger” against Liam Stocker (who even got injured in the process); the one against Bonner for deliberate rushed behind and that missed holding the ball was absolute hotseshit that really screwed our chances :twisted:

Or am I wrong?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Three crucial blown calls by maggot #4

I doubt you’ll get too many detractors for that one.

As a general rule of thumb… I don’t like to blame the umps for anything and just accept the swings and roundabouts m but that last quarter seemed pretty atrocious to me

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Spot on

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
King Max
Club Player

Are you wrong?
Yes.
Free to Danger was contact below the knee. It was a shocker but he kicked a point.
Free against Bonner was harsh. But Henry put it out on the full.
I assume the holding the ball was near the boundary. It could have been paid but no prior and Steele knocked it out of his hands.

I’d focus on the number of throws they got away with, including Cameron in the lead up to the last goal.

King Max
Club Player

I also reckon it was three different umpires on those decisions. 4,9 and 16. What a bunch of squares.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 3:53pm
Free to Danger was contact below the knee. It was a shocker but he kicked a point.
Actually - not below the knee - on the knee - as in Danger kneed Stocker - not stocker diving in front or sliding in.

Can you show me where in the below picture Stocker causes contact with Danger - as in where does Stocker approach Danger - it looks to me the other way around. Also looks to me that Stocker is focused on the ball and Danger on Stocker.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
King Max
Club Player

Not sure why you're quoting me. It was a shocker but the OP said they were all by number 4 and all resulted in goals, he also said this one was for in danger. Dangerfield kicked a point from this shot and the free which was a shocker was for contact below the knee.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 5:32pm Not sure why you're quoting me. It was a shocker but the OP said they were all by number 4 and all resulted in goals, he also said this one was for in danger. Dangerfield kicked a point from this shot and the free which was a shocker was for contact below the knee.
Merely using you to illustrate what the call was for - and disputing it.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
King Max
Club Player

I said it was a shocker. But it looks like we're in furious agreement.

Saint 58
Club Player

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 3:53pm Are you wrong?
Yes.
Free against Bonner was harsh. But Henry put it out on the full.
I assume the holding the ball was near the boundary. It could have been paid but no prior and Steele knocked it out of his hands.

I’d focus on the number of throws they got away with, including Cameron in the lead up to the last goal.
Stocker was there first
Dangers knee into his back (spine)
Stocker goes down and off injured and may not play next week
How the fxxx is that a free to a danger ?

We butchered the ball but the umps reamed us at crucial times in the last quarter

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
King Max
Club Player

I probably should have said the Danger free was a shocker.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The Bonner decision was No 9. I thought he actually fumbled the ball in trying to pick it up.

The Stocker decision was in the back. Stocker had his hands on the ball before Dangerfield even entered the contest.

The holding the ball decision was a result of the umpire who paid the free being behind the player (dunno which number). The instructions to umpires in the past was, "if you can't see it, don't pay it."

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 5:43pm I said it was a shocker. But it looks like we're in furious agreement.
The one I thought was way worse was the mark interference 7 seconds left in the first against Henry - front on contact - running with the flight - does not touch the ball - tunnels Henry

Review the pic - there is no way his fist punches anything but Henry's arm - and he takes the body as well.

Led to Cameron's first goal to take the lead into quarter time.

― Aristophanes

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 5:58pm I probably should have said the Danger free was a shocker.
I think I understand the confusion - at least my initial reading of your post was the OP was wrong that the frees were shockers

You were saying OP was wrong they were all by #4

― Aristophanes

King Max
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:04pm
King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 5:58pm I probably should have said the Danger free was a shocker.
I think I understand the confusion - at least my initial reading of your post was the OP was wrong that the frees were shockers

Wrong that they were all by #4 and only one of them resulted in a goal not all three as stated.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

How about first quarter free against NWM for blocking when all he did was hold his position and watch the ball all the way into his team mates hands. Cat crashed into him trying to spoil, quite late.
All those things count in a close game.
Poor umpiring. Some umpires seem to think they can second guess the play rather than paying the obvious.
Hawkins, always a thrower, is doing it more (the few times he gets near it) because his reflexes are now not up to it. We got them at the wrong time of the year.
Blicavs, a prick, pushed Byrnes over while he was hunched on the ground in pain. Nothing.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:25pm How about first quarter free against NWM for blocking when all he did was hold his position and watch the ball all the way into his team mates hands.
Nothing at the other end though in exactly the same scenario

― Aristophanes

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:06pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:04pm

Wrong that they were all by #4 and only one of them resulted in a goal not all three as stated.
So …unlike yourself…most of us are getting angry unnecessarily and overreacting. It was only one goal given for a dubious non-decision against Steele. If it had been 3 goals from 3 wrong decisions then the thread would be justified :wink:
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 17 Mar 2024 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

NickyDal
Club Player

The white maggots

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:01pm Image
Jobe Watson thought it was fantastic that Clarke ‘put his body on the line’.

More like he lined up Liam’s body and a free should have been paid for the tunnelling action…like you pointed out

Then you have the likes of Hamish McLaughlin (Cats supporter) only referencing the excitement of the hillbillies in the stand and 2 turd ex Geelong players also in the commentary team saying nothing!!

People wonder why I listen to the replays with the sound turned down

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

It's not whether a shocker immediately leads to a goal. They incorrectly skew the course of the game, probably not in favour of the penalised team. Possession very important. Momentum very Important. Chaos theory lives.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

There also should have been a free awarded against the hillbilly looking Miers for throwing Ro’s boot away. Weak umpiring.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 4:09pm I also reckon it was three different umpires on those decisions. 4,9 and 16. What a bunch of squares.
As Bruuuce would say, "Clever!!!!" 😀😀

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 5:24pm
King Max wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 3:53pm
Actually - not below the knee - on the knee - as in Danger kneed Stocker - not stocker diving in front or sliding in.

Can you show me where in the below picture Stocker causes contact with Danger - as in where does Stocker approach Danger - it looks to me the other way around. Also looks to me that Stocker is focused on the ball and Danger on Stocker.

What about the high contact on Stocker? Dangermouse's hand is clearly in contact over Liam's shoulder (high).

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sam Mitchell from Hawthorn used to lift his knee and give opposition players a corky. He got away with it until the media highlighted that he was doing it constantly and it was a dog act

... similarly ...Just a real dog act by Dangerfield to cork Stocker like that.