Votes v Dons

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

George27
Club Player

Votes v Dons

So so frustrating and , in a macabre way, inevitable. We always seem to find a way.

5. Seb Ross. Superb early and still running hard at the end.

4. Rowan Marshall. Contested strongly against two ruckmen.

3. Jack Sinclair. Coming back into form.

2. Jack Steele. Big heart.

1. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera. Quite early , but worked his way into it. Lovely ball-user.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Votes v Dons

Thought outside of the first quarter
Rowan Marshall was poor

5-Ross (easily)
4-Steele
3-Sinclair
2- Battle
1-Higgins

Give them an absolute bake cuddly Ross

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I can't award any votes.
Maybe
Ross
RoMa
Steele
That's it

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

5 Ross
4 Steele
3 Wilkie
2 Philippou
1 Marshall

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Ross
Steele
Sinclair
Hill
Marshall

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Thought Phillipou was probably beaten by Martin?

Just?!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Steele
Ross
Hill
Snags
Roma

The captain was enormous. 3 direct goal assists.

Jack Steele's tackling today was brilliant. His disposal and decision making was elite (apart from a couple of late blemishes) Spent over 99% of game time on the ground.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Seb Ross had 3 uncontested in the last quarter.
Disposal Efficiency in the last was 66.66%
3 tackles

Hill had 8 in the last quarter including 3 contested plus a stoppage clearance. 58% DE

Steele had 7 in the last. 2 contested and 86% DE.
3 tackles

avid
Club Player

Ross
Marshall
Steele
Bonner
Higgins

I know Bonner stuffed up a number of times. (Like everyone else, I'm not convinced he's a reliable enough defender.)
But he had almost twice as many kicks as anyone else, and he picked up more than a kilometre's worth of metres gained.
I don't recall a St Kilda player ever getting near that (since they started measuring it) It may only have happen once or twice in history.
That's got to count for something.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Sat 30 Mar 2024 8:17pm
I know Bonner stuffed up a number of times. (Like everyone else, I'm not convinced he's a reliable enough defender.)
But he had almost twice as many kicks as anyone else, and he picked up more than a kilometre's worth of metres gained.
I don't recall a St Kilda player ever getting near that (since they started measuring it) It may only have happen once or twice in history.
Did you watch the match? Honestly...did you?

First of all he is a receiver. Not hard to gather disposal numbers running past your team mates. I reckon 6-7 touches where they are not required ( the guy handballing to him could have just kicked it himself)

He's supposed to be a good kick, so his team mates honour his run and give it to him. He gets uncontested possessions so he's required to use it effectively. He didn't!

Secondly he steps over the line and kicks out after a behind is scored, so there's probably 7-8 kicks that anyone could do. No effort...PLUS...once again he's required to use it effectively. He didn't!

Take out 5 useless receives, take out 5 useless kick outs, and take out half a dozen clangers and he's an average contributor. If you also factor in the times he's supposed to defend or hold up the ball and he just refuses to put his head over it, he's a liability overall

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

5 Ross
4 Steele
3 Higgins
2 Hill
1 Battle

Sinclair & Bonner's turnovers were critical & cost them any chance of votes. NWM nearly but sadly got shut out when we really needed him - he, Marshall & King are our most important assets. Just wish we had a genuine forward / ruck ready to go.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

5 Steele
4 Ross
3 Hill
2 Marshall
1 Philipou (for a while)

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

5 - Steele
4 - Ross
3 - Marshall
2 - NWM
1- Hill

sks023
Club Player

5 Steel
4 Hill
3 Higgins
2 Ross
1 Phillipou

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

5 Ross
4 Higgins
3 Marshall
2 Caminiti
1 Steele

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm curious about the love for Marshall's game? 1st quarter was sensational. But we were SLAUGHTERED in the ruck and as the game wore on their big men just took over the game. Roma got caught completely unaware in the last quarter when he was clear and could have driven it deep fwd. In the 3rd quarter he marked 40m out, 45 degree angle and tried a ridiculous screw kick. I'm sorry but he was poor for mine and was beaten badly.

5. - Ross
4. - Steele
3. - Hill
2. - NAS
1. - Higgins

spert
Saintsational Legend

No real domination by any Saint out there, but these guys tried hard

5. Ross
4. Steele
3. Higgins
2. NWM
1. Pou

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Votes v Esso

5 - Steele
4 - Ross
3 - Bonner
1 - Sinclair
1 - Higgins
1 - Wanganeen - Milera

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 30 Mar 2024 8:29pm

First of all he is a receiver. Not hard to gather disposal numbers running past your team mates. I reckon 6-7 touches where they are not required ( the guy handballing to him could have just kicked it himself)

He's supposed to be a good kick, so his team mates honour his run and give it to him. He gets uncontested possessions so he's required to use it effectively. He didn't!

Secondly he steps over the line and kicks out after a behind is scored, so there's probably 7-8 kicks that anyone could do. No effort...PLUS...once again he's required to use it effectively. He didn't!

Take out 5 useless receives, take out 5 useless kick outs, and take out half a dozen clangers and he's an average contributor. If you also factor in the times he's supposed to defend or hold up the ball and he just refuses to put his head over it, he's a liability overall
So he’s Nick Daicos then?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Stop arguing in this thread

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2024 3:14pm

You're kidding right. Did Bonner win the NAB Rising star in his first year? Did he get top 3 in the Brownlow in his 2nd?

Ohhhhh sorry. You're talking about his footy and the fact that Naicos is a receiver and also possibly not getting any contested footy.

Naicos's first year is better than Riley's 3rd. I picked his 3rd because it was the first season where Riley got regular games

Clangers are the same but Nick is far superior in most metrics. Look at metrs gained. Look at inside 50s. DE. And look at contested possessions

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 022&type=A
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 31 Mar 2024 3:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2024 3:28pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2024 3:14pm

You're kidding right. Did Bonner win the NAB Rising star in his first year? Did he get top 3 in the Brownlow in his 2nd?

Ohhhhh sorry. You're talking about his footy and the fact that Naicos is a receiver and also possibly not getting any contested footy.

Naicos's first year is better than Riley's 3rd. I picked his 3rd because it was the first season where Riley got regular games

Clangers are the same but Nick is far superior. Look at metrs gained. Look at inside 50s. And look at contested possessions

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 022&type=A
Take it elsewhere

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Steele
Marshall
Ross
Hill
Bonner

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Ross
Steele
Roma
Nas
Higgins

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintkev
Club Player

avid wrote: Sat 30 Mar 2024 8:17pm Ross
Marshall
Steele
Bonner
Higgins

Metres gained? WTF? It’s a nonsense statistic. Even the AFL’s definition is a crock.