Sam Fisher pleads guilty to drug trafficking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

axcellence
Club Player

Sam Fisher pleads guilty to drug trafficking

Fisher, who played 228 games for St Kilda, blamed his daily drug habit of meth and GHB, combined with debilitating injuries and the loss of his job, for causing his addiction to spiral “out of control” in 2022.

It was against this backdrop that the 41-year-old became involved in a cross-country drug trafficking network, as police accused him of hiding more than a kilo of meth and cocaine in an oven rangehood to be sent to Western Australia.

Wearing a white shirt, Fisher showed little emotion as he appeared in the County Court via video link on Thursday where he pleaded guilty to six charges including trafficking meth, cocaine and GHB and possessing drugs including LSD, ketamine and testosterone.

“Guilty,” he said when asked for his plea to each charge.

His plea comes after he accepted a judge’s offer, made last week, of a maximum five years and four months jail, with a minimum three years if he pleaded guilty to the charges.

When officers swooped on Fisher’s Sandringham home on May 18, 2022, Mr Dann said he was “in a very, very bad way”.

So affected by drugs, Mr Dann said Fisher wasn’t in a fit state to be brought before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court, with his filing hearing going ahead in his absence.

Meanwhile, police raiding his Sandringham home found a bunch of drugs, including GHB in his car alongside “plungers” that Mr Dann said were “consistent with the usage of that particular substance”.

The court heard Fisher had used drugs “recreationally” in the past.

But the former defender’s “drug use intensified” when he was blighted by injuries while playing football for amateur clubs, and when he lost work when a property development he was managing stalled before the pandemic took hold.

Link to Herald Sun for full article

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Fisher pleads guilty to drug trafficking

Good luck Sam. 3 years can go quickly. Be able to see one of our premierships live then. Be warmly welcomed back.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Very sad

He was one of my favourite players. I hope he gets through this and hope he's on the path to kicking his addiction to substances.

After reading today about the state Sam was in when they went to arrest him, I now understand what Rooy meant when he said in 2019 that drug use by some AFL players was 'out of control'. Maybe Roo saw the early signs of addiction in Sam

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-25/ ... l/10845652

When Sam was arrested in 2022 (3 years after Rooy initial comments) Roo doubled down on his criticism of the AFL drugs policy and pleaded with the AFLPA to do more to help players transitioning from their playing career to life afterwards.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/24/ ... her-plight

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints player or not, I have no time for drug trafficers.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 5:15pm Saints player or not, I have no time for drug trafficers.
Did you know Ramondo the biggest drug dealer in Australia these days is the federal government, that's right, medical marijuana has quickly become one of the biggest tax revenue streams for the government overnight, almost every state already has over 200 drug dealers, sorry I meant doctors who supply premium grade flowers and oils.

And MDMA has just been given the government green light, albeit the drug lord who has the only licence so far is charging 30k for a hit which clearly needs some competition.

Love Sam Fisher, got into a spot of bother but doesn't make him any less loved.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

My mother never christened me Ramondo, clown and I never said I had anytime for the effing Federal Government or any Government for that matter.

The rest of your s*** post is just that, unadulterated made up s***.

And Fisher evidently doesn't have a brain in his head.

No longer loved by me.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

He was renound for similiar use when he was playing - so if the AFL think they are doing players a favour by covering up recreational drug use they are kidding themselves. The only thing they are protecting or concerned about is their brand, they dont want dozens of players rubbed out of the game by WADA. The rubbish they rolled out about player welfare was absolute tripe.

Its a shame Fish has gone down this path, hopefully he can sort his life out when released.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Saw him out at Tulla one day. 🤔

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 9:21pm My mother never christened me Ramondo, clown and I never said I had anytime for the effing Federal Government or any Government for that matter.

No longer loved by me.
Of coarse Ramondo, your Mum clearly preferred the Anglo influence of the spelling and pronunciation Ray. Although I think Ramondo gives you a more culturally appealing persona and leans on the Californian influence regarding immigrants from the south. So to me you are the gringos from the south Ramondo.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 2:13pm Very sad

He was one of my favourite players. I hope he gets through this and hope he's on the path to kicking his addiction to substances.

After reading today about the state Sam was in when they went to arrest him, I now understand what Rooy meant when he said in 2019 that drug use by some AFL players was 'out of control'. Maybe Roo saw the early signs of addiction in Sam

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-25/ ... l/10845652

When Sam was arrested in 2022 (3 years after Rooy initial comments) Roo doubled down on his criticism of the AFL drugs policy and pleaded with the AFLPA to do more to help players transitioning from their playing career to life afterwards.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/24/ ... her-plight
Players need help transitioning after a playing career but that could be greatly helped if players were helped transitioning into a playing career.
Instead of living the high life on their absurdly large incomes they need help to live normal lives and taught save and invest through their playing careers. And by that I mean learning the skills of investing free from the self interested ticket clipping of "investment advisors" and the investment advice industry.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 8:42pm the biggest drug dealer in Australia these days is the federal government

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Self censored so I don't get banned for political content.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Darth Vader
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 5:15pm Saints player or not, I have no time for drug trafficers.
100%. Depending on circumstances can have sympathy for users - addiction is an illness. Trafficking no way.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 9:54pm
saynta wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 9:21pm My mother never christened me Ramondo, clown and I never said I had anytime for the effing Federal Government or any Government for that matter.

No longer loved by me.
Of coarse Ramondo, your Mum clearly preferred the Anglo influence of the spelling and pronunciation Ray. Although I think Ramondo gives you a more culturally appealing persona and leans on the Californian influence regarding immigrants from the south. So to me you are the gringos from the south Ramondo.
You really need an effing holiday. You are just a pest posting s***.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2024 1:37pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 04 Apr 2024 9:54pm

No longer loved by me.
You really need an effing holiday. You are just a pest posting s***.

❤️🌻❤️ Ramondo

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

No empathy at all for Fisher.

Drug traffickers and dealers are the scum of the earth.

I don’t give a hairy rats ringer if he’s an adict, can’t adjust to a life outside of AFL stardom etc.

He’s a drug trafficker scum bag in my opinion.
Because he played for the saints makes no difference at all.

When he’s done his time, I hope he can turn his life around. In the interim I wish he spends his time inside improving himself and staying/getting clean.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2024 8:39pm No empathy at all for Fisher.

Drug traffickers and dealers are the scum of the earth.

I don’t give a hairy rats ringer if he’s an adict, can’t adjust to a life outside of AFL stardom etc.

He’s a drug trafficker scum bag in my opinion.
Because he played for the saints makes no difference at all.

When he’s done his time, I hope he can turn his life around. In the interim I wish he spends his time inside improving himself and staying/getting clean.
Bit of an old fashioned, outdated and ignorant view to be honest, it neglects to proportion blame commensurate with the supply and demand market forces that is very much at play with the modern recreational drug market. You probably are still anchored to the Nancy Ragan era of "just say no" and the image of dealers being the creator of the classic dirty junkie with a needle stuck in the arm.

Very much the market Fish was most likely suppling was the middle to upper class who service most of your capatilst needs and can afford to pay top dollar for their drugs. I'll bet you my left nut that pretty much your doctor, lawyer, accountant, financial adviser, and business associates are racking up lines of product this weekend supplied to them from someone like Sam, why aren't these good folk scum too?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2024 9:53pm
Very much the market Fish was most likely suppling was the middle to upper class who service most of your capatilst needs and can afford to pay top dollar for their drugs. I'll bet you my left nut that pretty much your doctor, lawyer, accountant, financial adviser, and business associates are racking up lines of product this weekend supplied to them from someone like Sam, why aren't these good folk scum too?
A few other occupations you left out, which I'd like to add to

High profile athletes in the AFL and NRL. Too many to name individually

Plenty of actors and actresses and rock stars, and tv hosts...and speaking of t.v...

Let's not forget a former Channel 7 producer shining the 'Spotlight' on the pre-production needs of a former Liberal party staffer :mrgreen:

By the way...As you said... Most dealers are only scum when they get caught. Otherwise they're just regular middle to upper class folk selling to other middle and upper class folk

StPeter
Club Player

Caroline Wilson was pointing the finger at Sam Fisher and implying that he had a drug problem as far back as his playing days.

His involvement with drugs seems to go much further back than some are suggesting here.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2024 9:25pm Caroline Wilson was pointing the finger at Sam Fisher and implying that he had a drug problem as far back as his playing days.

His involvement with drugs seems to go much further back than some are suggesting here.
Without getting into specifics…
The rumours and stories floating around about Sam were rampant during his time with us. Some of them quite shocking

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2024 12:32am
StPeter wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2024 9:25pm Caroline Wilson was pointing the finger at Sam Fisher and implying that he had a drug problem as far back as his playing days.

The rumours and stories floating around about Sam were rampant during his time with us. Some of them quite shocking
Why do people still pretend to be shocked by this?

At least a quarter of all AFL players will be using ‘recreational’ drugs to some extent. Yes that includes St Kilda.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2024 12:50am
skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2024 12:32am

Why do people still pretend to be shocked by this?

At least a quarter of all AFL players will be using ‘recreational’ drugs to some extent. Yes that includes St Kilda.
Maybe I’m just a bit naive

We’ve always know recreational use was rampant. This fell in the category of a rather severe problem despite general functionality

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'm too old to even know what, why or how to use a couple of those named 'recreational' additives
though it seems the story is the same as my younger days

if 'it' gets hold of ya
... see ya later reality

dummy dust is still dummy dust

good luck Sam
... not sure , that any time , is easy time

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.