Can we?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can we?

The Fireman wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 5:37pm I’m enjoying this season so far. I do have hope
some here don’t see us being anything for at least 2 to 3 years but those same people say that every year.. some of those same people I’m glad I don’t associate with at the games or in life in general ….
no I’m happy with the way we are going.
I have no problem about being critical… crikey I’ve gone off my head at times but I can also appreciate value when I see it
How good is it to watch players like Marshall Wilkie Hill steel seb max sincs and our talented kids every week
We have a clever coach with elite support, …..rose coloured glasses ? I don’t think so. I’ve been following this mob for near on 1000(feels like it)years and I don’t think I can remember The Club being run as professionally as it is at the moment and we have some great talent. I feel sorry for my fellow supporters who only see the negatives week and week out, maybe they weren’t there in the real bad times, I hope they change their attitude and enjoy the journey
Go you good things
Luv U Firey.

loris
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 5:37pm I’m enjoying this season so far. I do have hope
some here don’t see us being anything for at least 2 to 3 years but those same people say that every year.. some of those same people I’m glad I don’t associate with at the games or in life in general ….
I have no problem about being critical… crikey I’ve gone off my head at times but I can also appreciate value when I see it
How good is it to watch players like Marshall Wilkie Hill steel seb max sincs and our talented kids every week
We have a clever coach with elite support, …..rose coloured glasses ? I don’t think so. I’ve been following this mob for near on 1000(feels like it)years and I don’t think I can remember The Club being run as professionally as it is at the moment and we have some great talent. I feel sorry for my fellow supporters who only see the negatives week and week out, maybe they weren’t there in the real bad times, I hope they change their attitude and enjoy the journey
Go you good things
Luv U Firey.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Go you good things
Fair call that

Go you red, black & white warriors
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we are conditioned that way after near on 60 years of failure?!

I mean what have we really achieved lately?

A finals loss

A 2-2 start and really are spluttering

We have a few Really good players, some potentially good players and a lot of foot soldiers

So yeah… I do think you’re wearing rose coloured glasses

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Go you good things
I’m on board Firey well said
I don’t see us playing finals this year but that’s ok…got bigger fish to fry…more interested in the trajectory and I can see what the club stand for and are trying to do
I only get antsy when the snake oil salesman come in …don’t see that atm
Kids look good
Sides we are putting out are consistently at the younger end spectrum for age/games ….thats a great sign and Lyon is playing them - sure a bit from necessity but I think k RTV Vera 2.0 knows he has too
Steele back to his best gone up a notch even Ross been good …Wilkie found touch on weekend and Sincs looked better off HB for the run
It’s not perfect Q1 shows that….but to go in at HT and have coach pin point the issue….then players buy-in and come out after HT and kick 8 is a massively important sign…it means they’re learning and are invested
Give me 2 A grade run n gun break away mids and lookout …
Lyon knows….in amongst his mad presser ramblings he states “midfield still but of a mess..” he knows exactly where we are at but more importantly….what we need …
In good hands next 2-3 yrs could be very exciting

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 11:34pm Maybe we are conditioned that way after near on 60 years of failure?!

A finals loss

We have a few Really good players, some potentially good players and a lot of foot soldiers

prescription ?

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 11:34pm Maybe we are conditioned that way after near on 60 years of failure?!

A finals loss

Achieved?
The spiral of stupidity, dumb arrogance and unprofessionalism has paused.
Competent coach.
Good President
Class youngsters
Plausible path to more wins
No million $ hacks sitting on their bums in the sheds rotting the salary cap/recruitment opportunities
Yeah, nothing special.
Just getting rid of Richo was a relief only matched by lancing a horrid boil. Then gradually the wound has been cleaned, Lethlean gone, Finnis gone, Rath gone. Healing can now really start under the scabs those lesions caused.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Lethers had scabs?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's a bit like the game on the weekend. Start poorly, take a quarter to stabilise and get a foundation, then build, and then finish the job.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 10:26am It's a bit like the game on the weekend. Start poorly, take a quarter to stabilise and get a foundation, then build, and then finish the job.
Winning 1 in 4 quarters doesn’t feel like a strategy we plan for let alone believe will get us even close to GWS who right now have to be raging red hot favourites for the flag.

We need another UFO to land against GWS.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Lord Ross Vader is on his way

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 10:49am Lord Ross Vader is on his way
He is an intelligent magician with telekinetic abilities. He is everything and different things...

some know him as Rossy, others as Ross the Boss and know he is LRV and...

I'd never heard of this; it's the wierdest one yet...he is "k RTV Vera 2.0" :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 11:26am
The Fireman wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 10:49am Lord Ross Vader is on his way
He is an intelligent magician with telekinetic abilities. He is everything and different things...

some know him as Rossy, others as Ross the Boss and know he is LRV and...

I'd never heard of this; it's the wierdest one yet...he is "k RTV Vera 2.0" :D
:lol:

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Looking at that GWS line-up. Wow, it's a seriously talented team. They have more run than us, better clearance players, and a key forward who is a beast. Taylor at fullback is going to make it very hard for King, and Greene will provide a massive headache, as usual. I'd be inclined to play Stocker on him. He's the toughest of our small defenders, and Greene likes to physically intimidate his opponents with his dirty little cheap shots.

If we had our best line-up, I'd be confident of us putting in a good performance, but we're about 4 or 5 players short.

If we win this game, it will come down to coaching, and if we do pull it off it will be confirmation that we have a damn good coaching group.

I'll be approaching this one with low expectations.

Rubyjo
Club Player

We played at the Cattery and at Norwood now Canberra. We are well travelled and hit some form the last two quarters on the road . Can't help but think we will give it a good shake Saturday arvo.

SaintWiki
Club Player

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 5:22pm We played at the Cattery and at Norwood now Canberra. We are well travelled and hit some form the last two quarters on the road . Can't help but think we will give it a good shake Saturday arvo.
If we play better against best sides we'll put on the good show.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 10:45am ...GWS who right now have to be raging red hot favourites for the flag.
Why?
For their meritorious wins over North, West Coast, and Gold Coast?
They've only beaten Collingwood...And we've done that, too.

Melbourne's form is much better. Yes, they lost to Sydney, but they've beaten the Dogs, and both Port and Adelaide in Adelaide. They'll probably beat Brisbane tomorrow night, too.

I'd argue that even Geelong's form is better than GWS given the quality of opponents.

Anyone that's played West Coast and North in the opening rounds have their ladder positions seriously inflated. GWS are the only team to play both.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 1:42pm Greene will provide a massive headache, as usual. I'd be inclined to play Stocker on him. He's the toughest of our small defenders, and Greene likes to physically intimidate his opponents with his dirty little cheap shots.
I'd be stunned if Wilkie doesn't play on Greene.
Toby averages 10.27 points per game against all teams.
He averages 8.07 against us.
He loves the Dogs where he averages 17.93 (almost 3 goals/game).

He has kicked 16 goals against us in 14 games...Four of those came in one game in 2016. So that leaves 12 in 13 games.
He made provide a potential headache, but we seem to have the right type of paracetemol.

older saint
SS Life Member

GWS - don't think so. I rate them best team in comp. Perhaps if Greene had of got suspended but without 3 or 4 of best 22 no.

WB - must win. Best paper team for a couple years but games not played on paper. I just struggle to rate them any more

Port - i recall when we were the second last team port best ( north was the last ) , i think since then we have won bugger all and created many new ways to lose the unlosable. No expectation here at all - much like when we play Essendon.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

We go ok against GWS. They were red hot when we met them in the final, they outclassed us, got rub of the green but it was 4 goals in the end.
Port have bought a heap of internal issues with coaching situation and homophobia. Sides are going to be making sure Rozee get plenty of physical after watching Essendon let him prance around at will. He might be sore in a few weeks time.
Never know.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 5:36pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 10:45am ...GWS who right now have to be raging red hot favourites for the flag.
Why?
For their meritorious wins over North, West Coast, and Gold Coast?
They've only beaten Collingwood...And we've done that, too.

Melbourne's form is much better. Yes, they lost to Sydney, but they've beaten the Dogs, and both Port and Adelaide in Adelaide. They'll probably beat Brisbane tomorrow night, too.

I'd argue that even Geelong's form is better than GWS given the quality of opponents.

Anyone that's played West Coast and North in the opening rounds have their ladder positions seriously inflated. GWS are the only team to play both.
Most pundits would probably have GWS Melbourne, Port finishing top 4 after 4 rounds.

Moat pundits would probably have us finishing bottom 4 after 4 rounds.

One eyed rusted ons with the rosiest of coloured glasses wouldn't be looking ar us as potential finalists at this stage.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I’m happy to go on record and state that we will play finals this year rather than hide behind the facade of so called “pundits “

Oh and I won’t be happy to be proven wrong
Last edited by The Fireman on Wed 10 Apr 2024 7:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'll second that

we'll come storm'n home

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 5:54pm I'd be stunned if Wilkie doesn't play on Greene.
We struggle to match up on some teams with a solid small forward contingent.

Battle on Cadman (playing off him)
Cordy/Howard on Hogan
Stocker on Daniels
??? on Riccardi
Wilkie on Greene (makes sense after doing this lineup)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 9:28am

A finals loss

Achieved?
The spiral of stupidity, dumb arrogance and unprofessionalism has paused.
Competent coach.
Good President
Class youngsters
Plausible path to more wins
No million $ hacks sitting on their bums in the sheds rotting the salary cap/recruitment opportunities
Yeah, nothing special.
Just getting rid of Richo was a relief only matched by lancing a horrid boil. Then gradually the wound has been cleaned, Lethlean gone, Finnis gone, Rath gone. Healing can now really start under the scabs those lesions caused.
Nasty.