Ugly football

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Ugly football

meher baba wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 10:25am I agree that the ground was difficult to play on and evened up the teams. I reckon that we'd have won quite comfortably at either Docklands or the MCG.

BTW, I think we should give great credit to RTB and his team for making some adjustments after quarter time which brought us back into the match. (The scores would have been level at half-time if we hadn't blown so many of our opportunities to score goals.)
Exactly

I am quite certain that we are been coached to win games on MCG and Marvel.

The MCG is 30 metres wider and Marvel 20 metres wider than Norwood (that is a huge difference). It has to have an impact on how the team plays

Therefore let’s see how we go on Saturday at Manuka that is almost the exact same size of the MCG

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
sainterinsydney
Club Player

I went down to see us win their against GWS in 2021. It is a beautiful ground. It definitely suits our style of game. Heading down again for this game. Hopefully the Saint's fans rock up!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2024 2:04pm
Otiman wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2024 12:28pm The lockdown 'smothering' style is important to have in your toolbox. We are very good at it.

It allowed us to slow the game down, get it on our terms, and build a comeback.

It's the transition to an attacking style that we need to get better at.
1 goal in 60 minutes of footy.

I know we are missing several players but I thought Lyon was the “systems” coach, you’d think our fringe and 2nd choice players are all training the same brand of football. So why is it we are starting to look very much like an overly defensive, stodgy and slow, timid and lacking attacking flare type of side again.

When Ross 3.0 returned I thought we were going to be quick and attacking this time around.

Acknowledging we don’t have our best 22 available but it’s concerning the fringe and 2nd choice players coming in aren’t playing with the freedom to go quickly with attacking flare. A rubbish defence like Richmond picked us off easily with nearly every entry.
Yes 1 goal in a half
And we didn’t miss some simple ones that first half either …it was all just down Tigers end ….we never even had shot….😀

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2024 12:40am
Yes 1 goal in a half
And we didn’t miss some simple ones that first half either …it was all just down Tigers end ….we never even had shot….😀
I agree.

It was 4.0 to 0.4 (or similar) at some point, and it didn't feel like we squandered chances. Pretty sure we scrapped those points from nowhere without being really threatening.