AFL StKilda tax sees Green free to play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL StKilda tax sees Green free to play

I feel that Greene out would have changed the game.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 6:50pm I feel that Greene out would have changed the game.
So did the AFL.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
amusingname
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 6:50pm I feel that Greene out would have changed the game.
Not giving a 3 goal headstart probably would have made changed he game as well

Bowey Boy
Club Player

amusingname wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 7:19pm
Oui.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I agree - and Pou not kicking into the man on the mark and Owens not mongrel punting it OOTF but they are our issues

The AFL has said it would penalize on Potential to cause Injury - just not in this case. It was not because the Orange Team was playing us - but because they were playing in Canberra and he is Bums on Seats

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 7:28pm
I agree - and Pou not kicking into the man on the mark and Owens not mongrel punting it OOTF but they are our issues

The AFL has said it would penalize on Potential to cause Injury - just not in this case. It was not because the Orange Team was playing us - but because they were playing in Canberra and he is Bums on Seats
Bit of both I would say.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting to see Butters let off for an identical incident to that of Windhager.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

No No No No

Butters had his hands down - so he was reaching for the ball - nothing to see here - oh BTW - Butters is a Brownlow Favourite - Windhager not.

Windhager's arms were down but he was not reaching for the ball - a difference - apparently - that changes the Potential to cause injury.

― Aristophanes