AFL StKilda tax sees Green free to play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: AFL StKilda tax sees Green free to play

CURLY wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2024 7:21pm Green head slammed young GC defender Mac’s head into the turf.

Arms pinned and completely helpless his head cannoned into the ground

Worth 2

Playing StKilda this week tax he is FREE to play

🫢
Lol, it is like a dementia patient on loop repeating the same drivel over and over again 😂

1. The AFL look look to the fixture to see when player X team plays the Saints to decide whether he is penalized or not.

2. The umpires are cheating against us.
Despite the facet we are 82 for and 62 against, and for the second year running are so far leading the competition in comparative % of frees for v against.

3. Bag the crap out of players (example Byrnes).
Byrnes may not be AFL standard, and is depth IMO, but he’s out there having a crack so give him some respect.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 7:08am
CURLY wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2024 7:21pm Green head slammed young GC defender Mac’s head into the turf.

Worth 2

🫢
Lol, it is like a dementia patient on loop repeating the same drivel over and over again 😂

1. The AFL look look to the fixture to see when player X team plays the Saints to decide whether he is penalized or not.

Despite the facet we are 82 for and 62 against, and for the second year running are so far leading the competition in comparative % of frees for v against.

Byrnes may not be AFL standard, and is depth IMO, but he’s out there having a crack so give him some respect.
Byrnes your son is he?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SinCitySainter
Club Player

Sorry, but we all know that certain players are allowed to get away with things that other players get suspended for.
No, there is no conspiracy against St Kilda but anyone trying to suggest that the marketable players and teams do net get preferential treatment is living in cloud cuckoo land.
If that had been the other way around or even a lesser light at GWS the player would have received a suspension but because Toby is a drawcard for he game the AFL needs to keep him out there.
The games draw cards are allowed to do whatever they want and the AFL will either excuse their behavior or if they simply can't turn a blind eye they will sanction with a fine. This has happened far too often for anyone to not believe that it is a deliberate strategy.
I think Dangerfield could get away with just about anything short of pulling a knife, even then the AFL would probably say insufficient force.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 11:11am Sorry, but we all know that certain players are allowed to get away with things that other players get suspended for.
No, there is no conspiracy against St Kilda but anyone trying to suggest that the marketable players and teams do net get preferential treatment is living in cloud cuckoo land.
If that had been the other way around or even a lesser light at GWS the player would have received a suspension but because Toby is a drawcard for he game the AFL needs to keep him out there.
The games draw cards are allowed to do whatever they want and the AFL will either excuse their behavior or if they simply can't turn a blind eye they will sanction with a fine. This has happened far too often for anyone to not believe that it is a deliberate strategy.
I think Dangerfield could get away with just about anything short of pulling a knife, even then the AFL would probably say insufficient force.
There's quite a lot of truth in that. I don't think it's a fully-formulated policy, more a tendency for all involved in the post-march review and judiciary processes to go a little weak at the knees when a star player commits a serious foul. The same thing seems to happen with pretty much any player during the finals. The chorus of ex-players who work as commentators in the media exerts a baleful influence that tends to help the star players - particularly those considered to be "good blokes" - to avoid serious consequences for their actions.

Of course none of this has anything remotely to do with some sort of systematic bias against St Kilda or any other club.

And one could hardly point to Toby Greene as being a beneficiary of this culture. He's missed more games through suspension than just about any other player of recent times.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 9:08am

Worth 2

🫢

Byrnes your son is he?
😂😂😂

You really are in the dementia loop.

I have answered that question multiple times, however it doesn’t seem to sink in.

I have never met the lad, just tire of people like you constantly belittling the guy, week after week, season after season.

CURLY wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 8:40am

Is he your son?
Is he your son?

You’re clearly a lunatic or have some other issue.
is he your son
Byrnes your son?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 1:04pm

Worth 2

🫢

Byrnes your son is he?
😂😂😂

I have answered that question multiple times, however it doesn’t seem to sink in.

I have never met the lad, just tire of people like you constantly belittling the guy, week after week, season after season.

Is he your son?
Is he your son?

is he your son
Byrnes your son?

His game was horrendous and incidents were highlighted.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 1:14pm

Worth 2

🫢

Byrnes your son is he?
😂😂😂

Is he your son?
Is he your son?

is he your son
Byrnes your son?

Not sure anyone has suggested he is AFL standard.

Perhaps just give the kid a break from your constant negativity. You’re like a cawing, squawking old crow.

1. It’s an AFL conspiracy
2. The umpires are cheating against us
3. Byrnes bagging

Rinse and repeat, week after week, season after season.

I’ll give you one thing, you’re consistent.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 1:41pm

Worth 2

🫢

Byrnes your son is he?
😂😂😂

Is he your son?
Is he your son?

is he your son
Byrnes your son?

Perhaps just give the kid a break from your constant negativity. You’re like a cawing, squawking old crow.

3. Byrnes bagging

Sorry didn't realize I needed your permission to post on the forum.

amusingname
Club Player

My issue with this notion of the AFL being out to get us, the umpires favour other teams, etc is that when we do get the rub of the green, or actual errors are made in our favour, it is not acknowledged at all and posters who continually post about how the club is hard done by just overlook it and move on to the next 'example' of how we have been screwed. Like with the Higgins goal against the pies, it certainly looked out to me (and more out than others that are called out) but that won't be acknowledged because it doesn't suit the narrative. The persecution complex is real and it is extremely unhealthy.

While I am posting my thoughts, I absolutely hate the accusations of someone (usually an umpire) being a cheat. Growing up and playing sports, being called a cheat was one of the harshest things you could be called and it really irritates me. Umpires are human, they make mistakes, they are not cheating. Is the boundary umpire who called Higgins as being in play a cheat? Is the goal umpire who called Tom Hawkins kick in the grand final a goal when it clearly hit the post a cheat? No, they are people doing their job and making a mistake, it happens. Not a conspiracy, a mistake. People make them everyday. Is Riley Bonner a cheat because he kicked it to the opposition numerous times last week?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They’d be right though.

Ha ha.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:21pm My issue with this notion of the AFL being out to get us, the umpires favour other teams, etc is that when we do get the rub of the green, or actual errors are made in our favour, it is not acknowledged at all and posters who continually post about how the club is hard done by just overlook it and move on to the next 'example' of how we have been screwed. Like with the Higgins goal against the pies, it certainly looked out to me (and more out than others that are called out) but that won't be acknowledged because it doesn't suit the narrative. The persecution complex is real and it is extremely unhealthy.

While I am posting my thoughts, I absolutely hate the accusations of someone (usually an umpire) being a cheat. Growing up and playing sports, being called a cheat was one of the harshest things you could be called and it really irritates me. Umpires are human, they make mistakes, they are not cheating. Is the boundary umpire who called Higgins as being in play a cheat? Is the goal umpire who called Tom Hawkins kick in the grand final a goal when it clearly hit the post a cheat? No, they are people doing their job and making a mistake, it happens. Not a conspiracy, a mistake. People make them everyday. Is Riley Bonner a cheat because he kicked it to the opposition numerous times last week?
I have seen two examples where the umpire cheated and can't be disputed. The other times you may be able to defend the umpire.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:21pm My issue with this notion of the AFL being out to get us, the umpires favour other teams, etc is that when we do get the rub of the green, or actual errors are made in our favour, it is not acknowledged at all and posters who continually post about how the club is hard done by just overlook it and move on to the next 'example' of how we have been screwed. Like with the Higgins goal against the pies, it certainly looked out to me (and more out than others that are called out) but that won't be acknowledged because it doesn't suit the narrative. The persecution complex is real and it is extremely unhealthy.

100%

It's also laughable to try portray Toby Green as someone who is looked after by the umps and MRP!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:15pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 1:41pm

Worth 2

🫢

Byrnes your son is he?
😂😂😂

Is he your son?
Is he your son?

is he your son
Byrnes your son?

3. Byrnes bagging

Sorry didn't realize I needed your permission to post on the forum.
Apology accepted, this time!

Try to be better in the future.

amusingname
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:26pm

I have seen two examples where the umpire cheated and can't be disputed. The other times you may be able to defend the umpire.
I am not going to bother asking for the examples, because you don't seem to get the difference between making an error and cheating, which actually means they deliberately went against the rules to achieve an outcome they wanted.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

There was no cheating in this instance as the correct call was made, which is a good thing. Hopefully, the AFL is consistent about it.

And I totally agree, umpires are only human, extreme example that this is.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/07/ ... -criticism

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:28pm

100%

It's also laughable to try portray Toby Green as someone who is looked after by the umps and MRP!
That's why this decision is so baffling as its clear as day.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:29pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:26pm

I am not going to bother asking for the examples, because you don't seem to get the difference between making an error and cheating, which actually means they deliberately went against the rules to achieve an outcome they wanted.
Sneider in the 2009 GF and Margetts v Milne in a game v Collingwood were just blatant cheating

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vlastuin wasn’t cited either. I guess that must be cheating too.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:56pm Vlastuin wasn’t cited either. I guess that must be cheating too.
No where as bad.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

These are not volunteer amateurs. AFL is a huge operation. Huge. Managing the rules is crucial to its integrity. There are 4 highly paid, fit, well resourced, well coached individuals given that responsibility. Rules may be tricky for an American but we get them. At a minimum there can be consistency within a game. Now we know umpires give themselves licence to exercise personal prejudices, some have been caught gambling. I think a number do cheat and are far from impartial. White washing with oh missed that one, only 4 premiership points, it's hard to umpire, difficult job. I'd like those apologists to take the same approach with their airline pilot or surgeon. AFL should prioritise getting umpires of sufficient professional standards and integrity. Honest mistake? Pigs bottom eh John Elliot.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

These are the kinds of threads that sets up Saintsational as "that crackpot board".

amusingname
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 3:05pm These are not volunteer amateurs. AFL is a huge operation. Huge. Managing the rules is crucial to its integrity. There are 4 highly paid, fit, well resourced, well coached individuals given that responsibility. Rules may be tricky for an American but we get them. At a minimum there can be consistency within a game. Now we know umpires give themselves licence to exercise personal prejudices, some have been caught gambling. I think a number do cheat and are far from impartial. White washing with oh missed that one, only 4 premiership points, it's hard to umpire, difficult job. I'd like those apologists to take the same approach with their airline pilot or surgeon. AFL should prioritise getting umpires of sufficient professional standards and integrity. Honest mistake? Pigs bottom eh John Elliot.
Sorry? One is umpiring a game, attempting to enforce rules in a sporting contest. The others are operating massive machines with hundreds of people on board or literally cutting into a human being. I don't think anyone in their right mind should view those with the same approach.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Apology accepted.

amusingname
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 4:14pm Apology accepted.
I look forward to your malpractice lawsuit against umpire Nick Foot.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2024 2:31pm
And I totally agree, umpires are only human, extreme example that this is.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/07/ ... -criticism
I hit that link and there was another report on SEN with the free kick differential ladder for the year.

We're sitting 4th. Carlton of course is right up there as always in 3rd spot...

Everyone used to cry out 'free kick Hawthorn' at the footy. Nowadays it's ' free kick Curnow'

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/09/ ... er-round-4