AFL StKilda tax sees Green free to play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL StKilda tax sees Green free to play

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 3:57pm
CURLY wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 3:53pm Spiraling out of control.

We are leaving a terrible place for our kids.
What a pile of excrement!
You must have a very strange definition of terrible.
No don't believe I do.

Friends of all different races religions genders and beliefs. Somehow we manage to get through life together.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 3:30pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 2:50pm
bigcarl wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 2:43pm Where do you draw the line, though? Who decides what is a spur of the moment brainfade like Finlayson’s or a genuine attempt to stir up hatred against, in this case, gays. I think it is a slippery slope.

Scotland has had thousands of complaints in the first week
of the new law, many I suspect to settle old scores … from behind a screen of anonymity of course.

The police - who don’t have the resources even to tackle genuine crimes - are obliged to investigate.
He said it on a footy field directly to an opponent. He didn't organise a rally, make a speech, or publish comments on social media or any other medium. He apologised at the first opportunity and owned the mistake.
That's how you decide that it was a momentary lapse of judgement.

I wonder what the penalty would have been if he said it to an umpire?
Still can't believe we have a player suspended for saying a word.
Lol, old Curly, well and truly stick in the 70s!

In Curly's ideal world people would be able to drop the F-bomb (the one Finlayon said) and N-bomb at players and umpires alike to their hearts content, they're just words!

Oh my...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 5:09pm
bigcarl wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 2:43pm Where do you draw the line, though? Who decides what is a spur of the moment brainfade like Finlayson’s or a genuine attempt to stir up hatred against, in this case, gays. I think it is a slippery slope.

of the new law, many I suspect to settle old scores … from behind a screen of anonymity of course.

The police - who don’t have the resources even to tackle genuine crimes - are obliged to investigate.
He said it on a footy field directly to an opponent. He didn't organise a rally, make a speech, or publish comments on social media or any other medium. He apologised at the first opportunity and owned the mistake.

In Curly's ideal world people would be able to drop the F-bomb (the one Finlayon said) and N-bomb at players and umpires alike to their hearts content, they're just words!

Oh my...
Don’t stereotype me. I’m more than confident my network expands far wider than yours. As I don’t judge a person I treat all equal.

Also understand things get said at the spur of the moment and that all people deserve a chance.

You just ride along on your high horse.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 5:50pm

Oh my...
Don’t stereotype me. I’m more than confident my network expands far wider than yours. As I don’t judge a person I treat all equal.

Also understand things get said at the spur of the moment and that all people deserve a chance.

They’re not executing him! 😆
He’s having 3 games off for using a homophobic slur that has no place in society. Only good will come from it.

Some people have these slurs just sitting under the surface that pop out in the ‘spur of the moment’ and some don’t, pretty safe to say we know where you sit..,

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I think Jimmy should get 3 games off his sentence for being abused by Clarkson and Dougal can have 3 in the bank.
Think of the victims not just the next 3 sides to play Port.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:32pm
CURLY wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 5:50pm

Oh my...

They’re not executing him! 😆
He’s having 3 games off for using a homophobic slur that has no place in society. Only good will come from it.

Some people have these slurs just sitting under the surface that pop out in the ‘spur of the moment’ and some don’t, pretty safe to say we know where you sit..,

Three game his families life threatened. Yep people like you that encourage this sort of hatred make the world a terrible place.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

lol, family threatened?? Where? Show me.

Glad you managed to find the real victim here Curly - the guy using the homophobic slur. Classic :lol:

Interesting how LGBT people actually have their lives threatened and taken by people who use that slur, but I guess that doesn’t effect Curly’s little existence, so who cares, move on!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 9:34am lol, family threatened?? Where? Show me.

Glad you managed to find the real victim here Curly - the guy using the homophobic slur. Classic :lol:

Interesting how LGBT people actually have their lives threatened and taken by people who use that slur, but I guess that doesn’t effect Curly’s little existence, so who cares, move on!
Typical you just ignore what's going on. Widely reported his family home has been rocked by lunatics.

But hey a person said an off the cusp word so thats all good In the Duds eyes.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Bne player's gesture to Mel's Petty?
A case of bullying to be answered, notwithstanding size difference? Mental health priorities and all.
Perhaps the AFL's social justice line is drawn a bit above that sort of banter. Press will milk it, but.
What did Jake Carslile have to apologise for that time?

amusingname
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 9:47am Bne player's gesture to Mel's Petty?
A case of bullying to be answered, notwithstanding size difference? Mental health priorities and all.
Perhaps the AFL's social justice line is drawn a bit above that sort of banter. Press will milk it, but.
What did Jake Carslile have to apologise for that time?
Carlisle made comments about Marc Murphy's wife, which according to people on here at the time was ok because she was a 'footy sl.t' who was also an 'attention wh.re' because the daily mail wrote an article about her. Then of course it was because Jake had been targeted earlier, but that pesky st kilda tax the afl puts on made Jake the bad guy. Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 9:44am

Typical you just ignore what's going on. Widely reported his family home has been rocked by lunatics.

Widely reported? Where? Show me.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 9:47am Bne player's gesture to Mel's Petty?
Perhaps the AFL's social justice line is drawn a bit above that sort of banter.
It was ugly, nasty and poor sportsmanship. No one likes a bad winner.

I don’t think it’s a suspension, but the AFL moral police may see it differently. Probably highly offensive to people with mental health challenges. There is no place for that sort of thing in modern society etc, etc 🤮

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:02am

Deafening silence?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 8:08pm

Deafening silence?

Keep your head in the sand.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 9:17pm

Deafening silence?

For the record I think a suspension was warranted (1 week) however 3 weeks excessive given the suspended sentence hand to a repeat (verbally abusive) offender in Clarkson.

I have googled rocks being thrown and Finlayson’s family being threatened and cannot find anything.

I don’t doubt for a moment that there are wackos out there that would do this, however the claim this is widely reported seems exaggerated.

Could you post a link (or two) Curly?

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 9:33pm

Deafening silence?

For the record I think a suspension was warranted (1 week) however 3 weeks excessive given the suspended sentence hand to a repeat (verbally abusive) offender in Clarkson.

I have googled rocks being thrown and Finlayson’s family being threatened and cannot find anything.

I don’t doubt for a moment that there are wackos out there that would do this, however the claim this is widely reported seems exaggerated.

It was on one of the footy programmes during the week. His house was rocked.

King Max
Club Player

Deafening silence?

About halfway through this.
Last edited by King Max on Fri 12 Apr 2024 11:01pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

And Curly ends up with egg on his face… again :lol:

Racial and homophobic slurs have no place in the AFL or society.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:50pm

Seems you were right about his house being rocked Curly.

And I didn’t realise his wife has terminal cancer.

He must feel the whole world is caving in on him. Hope he is ok.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:56pm And Curly ends up with egg on his face… again :lol:

How so jackass? House was rocked received online abuse.

Seems like you once again are just an argumentative clown 🤡
Last edited by CURLY on Sat 13 Apr 2024 9:47am, edited 1 time in total.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

King Max wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:50pm

Deafening silence?

Thanks for the link.

Finlayson f***ed up, and has paid the penalty.

There is no excuse for cowardly vigilante action like throwing rocks at his family home.

I’m glad Jeremy has not taken the stress position with his wife’s illness and used that as an excuse.

The guy has f***ed up and owned it, I hope he gets left alone now.

I am making the assumption the Essendon player is not gay and the comment was in the spur of the moment. If the Essendon player is gay and this was targeted, then I think Finlayson was very lucky to only get 3.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 9:33am
The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:56pm And Curly ends up with egg on his face… again :lol:

And your “widely reported” evidence is… Eddie ‘King Kong’ McGuire… :lol:

Glad to see you two have so much in common, mainly finding the ‘real victims’ from homophobic/racial slurs!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 11:33am

Glad to see you two have so much in common, mainly finding the ‘real victims’ from homophobic/racial slurs!
So you get a reference and it doesn’t suit you no surprise you dismiss it.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 1:00pm

Never knew you held Eddie in such high regard, I’ll have to keep that in mind for the future! :D

Was it the systemic racism he oversaw and swept under the carpet while Collingwood president that won you over, or when he said Adam Goodes should promote King Kong that did it? I’m genuinely curious.

Abusers looking after other abusers, and trying to downplay all abuse in general, is nothing new unfortunately.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 1:24pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 13 Apr 2024 1:00pm

Never knew you held Eddie in such high regard, I’ll have to keep that in mind for the future! :D

Was it the systemic racism he oversaw and swept under the carpet while Collingwood president that won you over, or when he said Adam Goodes should promote King Kong that did it? I’m genuinely curious.

Abusers looking after other abusers, and trying to downplay all abuse in general, is nothing new unfortunately.
In future can you please give us a list of people you’d accept.