Something great from Gather Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickey
Club Player

Something great from Gather Round

I know the people that weren't there will roast me but ended up being an amazing day for my wife and I. Couldn't get a ticket and gee I was unlucky. We decided to just go to the food and wine festival at Norwood and watch on the big screen. My worst nightmare but my wife loved the idea. It was my birthday but she never quit trying. I'm 55 and useless at social media, on the morning of the game she went on a Saints Facebook site desperate for a ticket. A guy replied said 2 mates pulled out you can have the tickets. I said it's a scam, as I said it he sent us the tickets saying I'd rather it go to a Saints supporter. We met up with him and his son and shouted him drinks as a thank you. We sat near the Saints cheer squad and on the first half we just said so typical. We felt the players treated it like a practise match. Anyway the UFO arrived and changed the players and the rest was history. Half the 9.5K crowd were louder than the tigers and the vibe with Saints fans at the Colonist Hotel afterward was unbelievable. Knock Knock .. see you all next year 8-)

South OZ Saint
Club Player

Re: Something great from Gather Round

Fantastic Mickey and Happy Birthday for yesterday.
I was in the same predicament with no ticket for the game however thanks to Sainter_Dad managed to see the Saints.The atmosphere was amazing and the first time I have seen the Saints win in Adelaide since Football Park Days.I'm not a huge fan of Norwood Oval for AFL games due the lack of capacity however it was a great atmosphere.
For those of us based in Adelaide its great to go to a game not involving Port or the Crows and experience support for both sides .

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Something great from Gather Round

Good on you guys. Glad the team delivered a win for the fans that were there to support the boys