Sandringham V North Melbourne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham V North Melbourne

We hung on to a win.

Collard very good.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Sandringham V North Melbourne

Once again Arie Schoenmaker is in the top 3 best players for Sandringham, he is unquestionably in the frame to debut in the firsts, sooner rather than later with 96 AF ranking points from 27 disposals including 6 marks.

If I were to have a say in selections for next week's game against Hawthorn I would drop Max King to try and find some form in the seconds, move Josh Battle to CHF and Schoenmaker to take Battle's place at CHB.

With Dougal Howard playing well last night that will maintain the Saints' strong defence, supported by Jimmy Webster, Nasiah Wanganeen Milera and Liam Stocker, and Jack Sinclair to spend most of his time in the midfield.

Going by the stats Paddy Dow had a quiet game today, likewise Hunter Clark.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Went and watched

Schoenmaker- gets a lot of easy footy, very much a receiver but gets to the right spots obviously a lethal kick. Needs to work on defensive side of his game

Dow - had an average game, slow start but had a decent last quarter

Collard - makes the most of his limited opportunities had 12pos and 3 goals is very clever

Clark - started well, then injured

Jones - close to BOG

Sharman - BOG in my view. Played down back. Took at least 5 pack marks and used it well

Campbell - as usual dominated just outmuscled his opponents- VFL BEAST

Paton - very solid, took a few strong grabs and used it well

McLennan - pretty good game

Heath - played ok, 29HOs

Caminiti - contested ok but didn’t have an impact

Irish - very impressive game at HB - his best so far

Allison - injured

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Agree with all those points, watched the stream.

Thought Heath's running stood out as a big improvement on last year. Had a few almost chase downs of quick opponents who tried to take him on.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 6:33pm Once again Arie Schoenmaker is in the top 3 best players for Sandringham, he is unquestionably in the frame to debut in the firsts, sooner rather than later with 96 AF ranking points from 27 disposals including 6 marks.

If I were to have a say in selections for next week's game against Hawthorn I would drop Max King to try and find some form in the seconds, move Josh Battle to CHF and Schoenmaker to take Battle's place at CHB.

With Dougal Howard playing well last night that will maintain the Saints' strong defence, supported by Jimmy Webster, Nasiah Wanganeen Milera and Liam Stocker, and Jack Sinclair to spend most of his time in the midfield.

Going by the stats Paddy Dow had a quiet game today, likewise Hunter Clark.
Kings played 1 game back from suspension on an interrupted season and you’d drop him for Shoenmakers???
Thank the gods you aren’t anywhere near selection

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I think it’s obvious to anyone who knows just a little bit about the caper that Sharman will be an integral part of our side
Looking forward to schoes debut

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 7:16pm I think it’s obvious to anyone who knows just a little bit about the caper that Sharman will be an integral part of our side
Looking forward to schoes debut
Yes me thinks those rejoicing his demise may have just gone a tad early
Problem for Sharman now is his best bet replacing in seniors …is probably Membrey..

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Clark knee worry I hear. I hope nothing serious

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I thought watching Sharman today he was ok. But not great. Hes consistent...meaning he gets a bit of the ball, gets a shot or two on goal...but nothing you cant live without.

At times he's been in marking contests similar to Caminiti...can mark & bring ball to ground.

Wouldnt think either player will be around too long.

silverhalo
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 7:52pm I thought watching Sharman today he was ok. But not great. Hes consistent...meaning he gets a bit of the ball, gets a shot or two on goal...but nothing you cant live without.

At times he's been in marking contests similar to Caminiti...can mark & bring ball to ground.

Wouldnt think either player will be around too long.
Agreed...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 7:49pm Clark knee worry I hear. I hope nothing serious
Yes, Clark Knee and Allison Foot. Scans for both.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 7:16pm I think it’s obvious to anyone who knows just a little bit about the caper that Sharman will be an integral part of our side
Integral in what position?

Certainly not as a forward. He has played 7 AFL games this season for 4 goals. He can't even hold his place in the forward line, being moved down back in several of his AFL games and even in the VFL today.

As a back, possibly. But we have a lot of good backline players, so who would he supplant?

I reckon that, if anything, he's a forward. But he's not as good as Membrey or Hayes. He's possibly not even as good as Caminiti.

He's a frustrating player. He does some really good things, but not enough of them. It's obvious that the club wants him to become a regular player in the seniors, but he isn't quite there.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

He doesn't attack contests with the same vigour as some others. He's a lead up forward who is very good at for finding space and timing his leads.

The problem is his intensity

saynta
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 8:32pm

Certainly not as a forward. He has played 7 AFL games this season for 4 goals. He can't even hold his place in the forward line, being moved down back in several of his AFL games and even in the VFL today.

As a back, possibly. But we have a lot of good backline players, so who would he supplant?

I reckon that, if anything, he's a forward. But he's not as good as Membrey or Hayes. He's possibly not even as good as Caminiti.

He's a frustrating player. He does some really good things, but not enough of them. It's obvious that the club wants him to become a regular player in the seniors, but he isn't quite there.
Yet.....maybe.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sun 05 May 2024 8:32pm

He clearly has the tools. I’m willing to give him a bit more time as I said I am certain he will make it.

I still think he can be useful in the forward line

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He will only play if Membrey or Battle are out

He is a hybrid tall - you only carry a few of them