umpiring...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
ffs the afl is so worried about all these breasts cancer rounds and mothers day round and indigenous rounds how about we get the standard of both football and umpiring back to a level THEY USED TO BE...
You are soo correct on all counts. The game we loved has gone. The AFL has got too big for itself. They are not governed by anyone and they really are a corrupt body. This year they have exposed themselves for the rotten corrupt thieves that they really are. As a sporting body they are a joke and any international sporting body would laugh their heads off at what the AFL get away with. I cant even bring myself to go any more. I will always buy a membership or two to support the club but I cant stand watching criminal acts every week

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
mullet wrote:
Superboot wrote:I can't remember a game where we were so slaughtered by the umpires, but at least 50% of it was that Sydney were too smart for the idiots in yellow.

They've adopted the Adelaide tactic of throwing your head back every time you are tackled. They also verbal the umpires when there's a ball-up pointing to their faces. It went on the the whole game.

When all else fails, fall to the ground holding your head.
Yep just showed schneider on chanel 10. bumped in the shoulder and went down holding his face. Did he get a free does anyone know
no he didnt...i agree that Sydney are all a pack of wingers, Adam Goodes feels as though he should throw in his 2cents worth for every decsion and that bloody jude bolton...he spends more time with his hands in the air appealing than trying to get the ball like a real footballer
The way the Swans playact and harass and yell and complain and put pressure on the umpires is extraordinary. It is a blight on the game ATM. No other team does it even remotely to the same degree.

If I were the director of umpiring I would tell the media in advance that the umps were going to crack down on it and then umpire the Swans out of the game for a few weeks by giving frees and 50s for backchat.

The tribunal ought to have a look at Schneider's effort at ham acting. There must be something they can charge him with.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
ffs the afl is so worried about all these breasts cancer rounds and mothers day round and indigenous rounds how about we get the standard of both football and umpiring back to a level THEY USED TO BE...
You are soo correct on all counts. The game we loved has gone. The AFL has got too big for itself. They are not governed by anyone and they really are a corrupt body. This year they have exposed themselves for the rotten corrupt thieves that they really are. As a sporting body they are a joke and any international sporting body would laugh their heads off at what the AFL get away with. I cant even bring myself to go any more. I will always buy a membership or two to support the club but I cant stand watching criminal acts every week
i am glad the first quote was not shooting me down

amen brother

do you see the major league baseball having silly themes for thier comp??? or the champions league???

its sad that we already have a domination of winter sports we somehow want more

if we continue to develop our brand away from this marketable bullding we will further dominate

ffs i dont care about cancer and afl in the same breath

i dont care about mothers and afl in the same breath

and indigenous australians

i want to watch football not given a reality check everytime i turn on channel 7/10/fox

i watch football to watch the greatest and most passionate game on the planet...

edited by mods

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintrod
Club Player

We got screwed big time in the 3rd Qtr and they got at least absolutely 3 bs goals from those decisions. At the end of the day IMO those decisions could have cost us the game notwithstanding being out played in the last qtr.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I have sat and watched week after week where we have been on a roll and then the umpires bring the other team back into it. I believe that our game is corrupt and rigged and that the AFL decide who will win the GF each year. I mean lets get real each team doesnt play each other twice how unfair is that and how rigged is that. 18000 people went to the telstra dome tonight to watch the dogs and melb. They would have made a loss. I'm sure they would have got more if it wasnt televised free to air. If I was a doggie supporter I would like to know why the afl allowed this to happen. See how corrupt they are they are trying to kill off us little clubs. They will make sure we never never get to win another flag and that the interstate teams flourish.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

what about white folk round???i think it could catch on??
Exactly!!!! Just imagine the uproar if there was one.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:it seems as though im saying this every week..."was the worst game of umpiring iv ever seen"
Couldn't agree more, I thought the umpiring tonight was sh!thouse and swayed the result! I think there was at least 4 decisions I was initially applauding which I THOUGHT was in our favour, and then sat dumbfounded when they actually weren't! (even the players were looking to the umpires to see what the hell the decision was going to be!) I still think we deserve a run in the finals but trying to focus my energy for next season is becoming more and more apparent! :( Goddamnit HARVEY PLAY ON!!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:if adam goodes wasnt the aboriginal love child poster boy he wouldnt get the free ride he does
Damn Aboriginals getting a free ride as usual. :evil:

Those freeloaders have had it far too good for far too long.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
bozza1980
Club Player

There really was no doubt that the umpiring was diabolical.

That said every swan supporter (and there were a couple at Telstra Stadiuim) around me felt that they were being robbed. One went so far as to say that the saints had 12 more free kicks and he knew because he had counted them!!!

Spot on about the swans throwing their head back every time they are tackled. If I saw another Swans player clutching at their face when their was no contact to the head I was going to spew.

The umpiring although helpful to the swans doesn't explain away the opportunites that we wasted throughout the game. We coulda should woulda won the game, but we didn't and we have to take the blame for it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

seriously people the undertones in this thread are dangerous to the extreme. Raising money for breast cancer research or the colour of someones skin has NOTHING to do with the standard of the umpiring. Sure make comment on the umpires, heck write in and complaign. I agree with the thoughts on the backchat, essendon used to have this problem until they started to get killed by 50's and all of a sudden they shut their clapper.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

what about white folk round???i think it could catch on??
Id suggest the "Umpires get gored by a charging rhino round" The public would love it.

How about the "Rove McManus gets his face chewed off by a shark round"? I know Eddie McGuire would love the attention of that one it would be a ratings winner for sure.

Im sure the public awareness fighters would love the "Lets stop explasive flatulance round"

The next step is "An angry mob will burn down AFL house and impale Andrew Dimetriou through the face with a stick if we have any more of these stupid f****** theme rounds......round"

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Five goals from umpires at least

Everitt for a soft ruck infringement :roll:

Dal Santo holding the ball, while he gets his head taken out :shock: :roll:

Hayes tackles deemed to high, like Dal Santo's hit wasn't :roll:

Shmit's mark or free or whatever the umpoire eventually paid was playon, no contact with the player the ball was knocked free :roll:

Another soft free kick on a half forword flank outside of 50 allowed them to quickly spot up a teammate for another goal

There was at least another goal they scored which resulted from a prior umpiring decision which was laughable at best

I don't normally criticize umpires but in the past two weeks they have been disgraceful

The umpiring last night was the worst I have seen against us for a very long time

The holding the ball adjudications are becoming a blight on the game

Just jump on like seagulls and make sure the ball stays in and you get rewarded

The holding the ball decisions against Dal Santo and Jones for starters are perfect examples of what complete todger tugging, rodger rubbing, scrotum stroking, pole smoking, kob polishing bone monkeys these ass a clowns really are

The umpires singlehandedly cost us this game

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
The umpires singlehandedly cost us this game
Yep they were shocking last night, but they were not alone IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:STOP DREAMING EVERYONE - take off your rose-colored glasses - umpires had no effect on the shyte we dished up tonight.

the best thing an umpire could have done would have been fall across Clarke's knee... alas....
wow, lets wish injuries upon our players.
great attitude.
moron.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

the rules and the farkwit umpires interpretations of the rules is becoming a joke. Each week it sh1ts me to the point of almost tears (and i dont say that light-heartedly) because football isn't the same game anymore.

It will always be my first and only sporting love, just a sanitized, pathetic shell of the game it once was. i sometimes think to myself that demetriou is actually trying to sabbatage the AFL and stop supporters from watching the poo that is dished up as a resut of his bullshyte.

makes me so farking angry

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

dear mods

the comments by saints premiers 2006 are completely unacceptable and the poster should be banned.

this forum is not a place for any comments of a racist nature and those comments made had serious racist undertones

as a football club and as a group of supporters these comments cannot be allowed time or a place.

fqf

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:dear mods

the comments by saints premiers 2006 are completely unacceptable and the poster should be banned.

this forum is not a place for any comments of a racist nature and those comments made had serious racist undertones

as a football club and as a group of supporters these comments cannot be allowed time or a place.

fqf
huh?

nothing wrong with the comments, if he had called him they had no malice about them, and it is the farking truth anyway :roll:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

fqf
I edited one comment out, but as much as the rest was in poor taste, it wasn't racist.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

fqf

imo...this is my opinion, you are being a little precious.

If you need to talk about someone, calling them an aborigine, or an asian, or a pommy, or a new zealander, etc isnt racist

putting them down because of their race is

i reckon SP06 was just saying that, in HIS opinion, in short words adam goodes, and other aborigine players, get favoured by some in the afl world, including the umpires.

it wouldnt be racist if he said he thought the englishman brad moran was getting favoured...same thing

again that is how i see it, my opinion

Solar
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:

fqf
huh?

nothing wrong with the comments, if he had called him they had no malice about them, and it is the farking truth anyway :roll:
c'mon, he not only suggested that goodes gets free kicks because of the colour of his skin but then equated this to a whole segment of our society that have been on the end of way too much racism in our society. Didn't having winmar et al at the club teach you anything??? Ask xavier if he thinks he gets an arm chair ride cause he is black :roll: I expect that rubbish from small minded pies supporters... but here

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

sorry mod not good enough on another post he says x the soab won't be dropped

now that in itself is not racist but taken with the other comments shows a tendency that if you don't do something this may go further

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i was working so i didnt get to see the game (and from my reading on here prob a good thing ) but one of my colleage a one eyed eagles supporter summed up what i think most ppl on here are thinking
Geewiz the AFL must be hell bent on the swans making three consecutive granny's not only do they have 3 extra men on the ground but the have 3 up in the comentry box justifying the 3 extra on the feild as being fair and correct
as i said i dint see the game so i cant comment on how bad the umpireing was but from what i hear its not the ammount of frees played its the location of where they were payed that all the 50/50 frees in the swans forward line went sydneys way every time

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the sad thing is my comments are correct and i truly believe them

it is not because adam goodes is aboriginal primarily...but the fact he is both an amazing talent and the colour of his skin that creates a perfect marketable product for the general afl community and most importantly ( in the afl's eyes) the aboriginal community

its dissapointing the afl has taken upon itself to be the beacon of light to the rest of the community in showing that indigenous can be superb footballers, but also moral citizens...

get the umpiring and the draw right then (i believe) they could look to create role models etc

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I get as upset as anyone else about the ridiculous free kicks given in the AFL to all sorts of players in all sorts of situations.

However, I watch a lot of games, and the only bias I ever notice on the part of umpires is towards the team whose spectators are making the most noise.

I have had a look at the stats on the players who have been awarded the most free kicks this season, and Adam Goodes is ranked equal 34th in the AFL at 24 in 19 games. The top 30 players in the list contain a lower % of Aborigines than the AFL in general.

Then I went to look at the list of players who had frees called against them. Guess what: equal 3rd, Adam Goodes!!

Mate, you are a dead set racist, and - worse still - are dead set wrong. Go and wash your mind out with soap.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote: Mate, you are a dead set racist, and - worse still - are dead set wrong. Go and wash your mind out with soap.
dont you think your over-reacting slightly? its not like he used the precious "N word" (which i dont condone). the comments may have been slightly politically incorrect, but you want correct and politics, AFL is not your sport because demetriou is a F**kwit