xavier clarke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

DSG.... don't you have a kid to go and feed???

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:careful - don't bag him - people around here will get all depressed - apparently he 'tried hard'.... that's all that matters doesn't it???

FFS some of you people on here - face up to reality, or go support your local team, where 'trying' is great, as long as everyone is having fun.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Play me a violin PLEASE

sorry I didn't know I was surfing the collingwood forum tonight, everyone bags them for always bag their own when things are not going to well

PLEASE ..... get behind the players instead of sticking the knife in.

Yes he is not playing that well, everyone can see that but calling him a DUD a HACK, etc etc
I dare you lot to say it to his face, beat you lot wouldn't have the balls to do it.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Rusell Jeffrey #24
Club Player

If you need a laugh after that loss just read the results on the AFL website.
X Clarke gets in the best players FFS :shock:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
Sainternist wrote:So X is the new whipping boy?

Have fun, ya bunch of savages :roll:
Yes it does appear that way, how quickly people forget about the good games, the poor bugger has had injuries over the past couple of years and appears to be struggling to find his feet.

But hey we have our supporters sounding like a bunch of Collingwood supporters bagging their own, calling for his blood and calling him names like a dud and a hack.

Fair dinkum, some of you should take the Red out of scarfs and go and sign up as collingwood members next year.
YOU LOT WILL FIT RIGHT IN OVER THERE.

Pathetic
settle DSG!

It's not like we are bagging Dal!

What in gods name makes you think X is worth defending at the moment?

So what he got the ball a few times.

Big friggin deal.

His disposal was barely amateur grade, definitely not even VFL level.

His goal kicking (apart from the gimmie) was deplorable, and he plays as if he has no clue.

Clueless footy is not just due to lack of game time this year, it a serious lack of confidence combined with sheer stupidity.

Time to get rid of him.

I support St.Kilda FC.

Players come and go.

Always have, always will.

End of story!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:DSG.... don't you have a kid to go and feed???
go and talk a LONG walk of a short pier..... she is asleep not that its any of your bloody business

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:DSG.... don't you have a kid to go and feed???
go and talk a LONG walk of a short pier..... she is asleep not that its any of your bloody business
.....you didn't need to take the bait on that one!!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

fair call DSG - it was said tounge-in-cheek - but given you don't think you know me from a bar of soap, your reaction is totally justified.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
The_Saint

I cant stand his turnovers anymore. Can we please put him back in the 2's to either get his body right or get some form.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I've been a long time X defender & supoorter but he lost me tonight. The missed goals were frustrating but the lack of effort was pathetic.

Look on the bright side folks, at least Lyon is learning about how certain players react in high pressure, must win situations. Lovely bloke X, but just can't cut it.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
settle DSG!

Big friggin deal.

His goal kicking (apart from the gimmie) was deplorable, and he plays as if he has no clue.

Clueless footy is not just due to lack of game time this year, it a serious lack of confidence combined with sheer stupidity.

Time to get rid of him.

I support St.Kilda FC.

Players come and go.

End of story!
You would think he has always played clueless footy wouldn't ya.
I sat here and defended Fiora till the cows come home over the past 2 years and HEY whatta know, he is playing alright and people are not bagging him week in week out.

The difference betweem me and half of our supporters right at this moment is that I have faith and believe in our players, till the day they don't play in a red white and black jumper. I would like to think that X can get his form back and play some great footy for the club.

I don't see sitting here baggin the shtye out him is going to help him one little bit. Look at fiora he said himself only a week ago about how he feels he does not fit in. Surely the supporters bagging his every move wouldn't be helping that

So sue me, because I will always support a player in a St Kilda jumper

and for the record, it does not have to be Dal for me to jump on a players side.

In Ross Get lost!

savatage
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:I've been a long time X defender & supoorter but he lost me tonight. The missed goals were frustrating but the lack of effort was pathetic.

Look on the bright side folks, at least Lyon is learning about how certain players react in high pressure, must win situations. Lovely bloke X, but just can't cut it.
Sad but true. Look I'm all for defending players to a point, but when they continually let you down in crunch situations then the questions need to be asked. The "unfit" card has been waved for far too many years too....

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

DSG...are we not allowed to congratulate our players after they play a good game?

Xavier, Blake, Fiora, etc all can expect to get their praise after a good game...now, when they play shockers we are allowed to critise their game

This is a football forum...and to false praise some of our players would make this forum complete cr@p

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:DSG...are we not allowed to congratulate our players after they play a good game?

Xavier, Blake, Fiora, etc all can expect to get their praise after a good game...now, when they play shockers we are allowed to critise their game

This is a football forum...and to false praise some of our players would make this forum complete cr@p
I never said X played well, I agree he is not playing good footy, it does not take blind Freddy to see that.

But the name calling and some of the carry on is really not needed, that is all I am saying.

Criticising and name calling are two different things in my book.
I can understand peoples frustration, hell I am as annoyed as the next person and I also do understand that emotions are running high at the moment.

In Ross Get lost!

krabb
Club Player

Xavier Clarke is a weak link in the chain...has been for a longtime..

He continually makes poor decisions, and seems reluctant to take risks...and im sick of hearing excuses about his fitness levels...if he's not fit enough he shouldnt be playing.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
SaintBot wrote:DSG...are we not allowed to congratulate our players after they play a good game?

I never said X played well, I agree he is not playing good footy, it does not take blind Freddy to see that.

But the name calling and some of the carry on is really not needed, that is all I am saying.

I can understand peoples frustration, hell I am as annoyed as the next person and I also do understand that emotions are running high at the moment.
good on ya then.

Just keep supporting all our players.

Players like Tim Elliott, possibly the worst ruckman ever to play AFL footy.

Support them all if you must, just because they play for us.

But I don't have blind love, and neither do many on here by the sounds of things.

SuperSaint
Club Player

savatage wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:I've been a long time X defender & supoorter but he lost me tonight. The missed goals were frustrating but the lack of effort was pathetic.

Sad but true. Look I'm all for defending players to a point, but when they continually let you down in crunch situations then the questions need to be asked. The "unfit" card has been waved for far too many years too....
True. He is very soft, lacks mental toughness & is injury prone. His brother is no better. Both he and Raphael don't have what it takes to become top line AFL player or for that matter, take the club to greater heights. Take a look at Gilbert......he has less natural ability but has more heart and effort than both the Clarkes put together.
I have watched enough of both of them at the club over the years...they are very casual in their approach to training and to a large degree lazy when it came to pushing themselves.

savatage
SS Life Member

SuperSaint wrote:
savatage wrote:

True. He is very soft, lacks mental toughness & is injury prone. His brother is no better. Both he and Raphael don't have what it takes to become top line AFL player or for that matter, take the club to greater heights. Take a look at Gilbert......he has less natural ability but has more heart and effort than both the Clarkes put together.
I have watched enough of both of them at the club over the years...they are very casual in their approach to training and to a large degree lazy when it came to pushing themselves.
Exactly right. I tell you what though, I'll disagree with you about Gilbert. I don't think he lacks anything in natural talent from the Clarkes. I think THEIR talents have been overstated for some time. 95% of AFL footballers kick the goal 30 metres dead in front.
Last edited by savatage on Sun 12 Aug 2007 12:20am, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

As Gerard Healy said during his commentary, "Xavier needs a good pre-season. He virtually had none this year."
Get off his back you duds...
There were worse players than him out there tonight. At least he has the ability to get the hard ball at times.
I suppose you all think Clint Jones starred tonight?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

its sad some posters are shooting down dsg for being positive

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
savatage
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:As Gerard Healy said during his commentary, "Xavier needs a good pre-season. He virtually had none this year."
There were worse players than him out there tonight. At least he has the ability to get the hard ball at times.
How many years has Clinton Jones had at the club compared to the Clarkes? I think a lot of people's anger is based on the time those guys have had to get their collective s*** together. That's the issue as far as I can see. We've heard the pre-season & fitness excuses for far too long. I thought it was this year that X Clarke was raving about his pre-season anyway.
Last edited by savatage on Sun 12 Aug 2007 12:22am, edited 1 time in total.

kalsaint
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
settle DSG!

Big friggin deal.

Time to get rid of him.

I support St.Kilda FC.

Players come and go.

End of story!
You would think he has always played clueless footy wouldn't ya.
I sat here and defended Fiora till the cows come home over the past 2 years and HEY whatta know, he is playing alright and people are not bagging him week in week out.

The difference betweem me and half of our supporters right at this moment is that I have faith and believe in our players, till the day they don't play in a red white and black jumper. I would like to think that X can get his form back and play some great footy for the club.

I don't see sitting here baggin the shtye out him is going to help him one little bit. Look at fiora he said himself only a week ago about how he feels he does not fit in. Surely the supporters bagging his every move wouldn't be helping that

So sue me, because I will always support a player in a St Kilda jumper

and for the record, it does not have to be Dal for me to jump on a players side.

Well DSG, I admire you for standing up here. X hasn't been particularly good tonight. He also had quite a few friends too. X has has some good games this year too and introduces a take'em on attitude that many other players dont so good on him I say.

Yes I was frustrated hearing the call "X misses goal from 40m and 20m". Others also missed.

The game is over, coaching and player staff all took a beating. The Swans went from being down to overrunning the Saints again. We were beaten by the better team on the night. Unfortunately it might mean that we dont get another chance to correct this in 2007.

X must not be blamed for this alone.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:As Gerard Healy said during his commentary, "Xavier needs a good pre-season. He virtually had none this year."
borderbarry...it is no secret that you have a love affair with aborigines

heck...i remember before the draft last year you were pleading that we took the best availble aboriginal player with our 2nd or 3rd pick

well guess what...i find that racist

if your buddy xaiver was a white boy would you be so supportive of him?

SuperSaint
Club Player

Borderbarry, I am not going to get personal with you but do you realize that this was Xavier's first full pre-season since 2004?? It was his brother who had the interrupted pre-season with his back problem. Prior to this year Xavier has had 4-5 hip operations (a real concern for someone so young) & several soft tissue injuries. There were no fitness excuses tonight and no excuses for his weak second efforts and fragile mindset. In fact, you tell me one game this year where he has played to his supposed ability. Tonight, in an all or nothing game, his insipidness stood out like a sore thumb and deserves to be singled out. His career to date (and same goes for his brother) has been mostly a non-event.
Even in 2004, when he played most games, his form was so disappointing coming into the finals, that Thomas dropped him for the Preliminary Final against Port.......fact!
Excuses/second chances.......there's only so many for everyone in life and I'm sick & tired of your irrational/personal outbursts when we comment on the Clarke brothers. It's not the first time you have done this to me and others on this forum.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Sun 12 Aug 2007 1:00am, edited 2 times in total.

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

get rid of him!!!!!!!!

he turns the ball over way to much..

misses to many easy goals aswell

SuperSaint
Club Player

Double Post.....apologies.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Sun 12 Aug 2007 12:58am, edited 1 time in total.