Ross Lyon...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

As much as I love the club, its horrible the way we are playing.

It's flood back, and look up to kick to no one. Can only kick backwards or sideways, or just stop.

It's ridiculous, we have a power forward line, and we dont use it to our advantage. Its not the G Trains fault if the gameplan is crap.

Butters has done a great job here. Replaced a previous coach who played an attacking style of football who brought us into three finals and now we've sunk to new lows.

Sure, its the past, but how can any supporter accept this shite? Really...

We are too worried about the opposition and dont attack. We are too reactive. We dont look like smashing teams by 50+ points, we just seem to stuggle to win or hold them off, sigh.

Flood all you like Ross, it wont win you the game.

Freo will smash us next week.

Perhaps Ross might have watched Richmand Friday night. They took chances, they played on, and they won. Oh how I wish we could play like we use to the last few years. Get GT back, put Ross back to Sydney.

Garghhhhhhhhhhh angry, week after week. Even our wins have not been convincing :roll:

Saints43
Club Player

The negative, defensive gameplan (everyone tags) means that even after a period of dominance we barely hit the scoreboard. There is no margin for error.

We could win three quarters of a match and lose.

And we will never smash a team playing the way we do.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon...

meher baba wrote:
Teflon wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
bigcarl wrote: our guys look as though they don't believe in the game plan. even with close to our best team out there for the first time in years we didn't get near the swans.
Yeah, I suppose we only won 2 quarters, nearly 3 if they hadn't goaled in the 3rd! :roll:
Give it up Luke - Carls and others are into Lyon bashing full stop.

Carries on like weve been belted by 100 pts........disgraceful to see him and others calling for Thomas to be returned in another thread...just gutless and dumb but dont waste your time trying to educate...they have their own agenda and wont be swayed...to them we are still in the winter of 2004.......and time stands still................sad.
St Luke, you can't be serious. "We won two quarters and nearly won a third". You beauty!!!!! What a team we are!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teflon: the "agenda" -as you put it - is a product of the way the team is playing and being coached ATM. If we were playing something even approximating to a decent brand of footy, then nobody would be bagging Lyon.
Nope.

The "Brand" (and I hate this increasing usage oF w@nky corp marketing language...its footy FFS) wouldnt even be a consideration had we rolled Collingwood after controlling them or beaten the Dogs.

Face facts - the sooks come out screaming to sack the coach like a pack of screaming hyenas after we lose....they'll crawl back under their rocks next win.....just drooling over the next loss......and away we go again...weak as.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:The negative, defensive gameplan (everyone tags) means that even after a period of dominance we barely hit the scoreboard. There is no margin for error.

we are - since the break - the 8th highest scoring side in the comp......no not 1 but hardly the worst either......but I guess facts gety in the way...........I mean Ross comes from Sydney SO we must now just be a clone of the Swans...yeah?

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I've said it all year...

from the start of 2006 when we selected Watts, Ackland, Thompson, Powell, Peckett and Blake to go to Perth V the eagles to right now, our team selection has just been bloody awful

i don't know what it is, but we just seem to have this love of players who perform poorly or complete bare minimum of easy rolls but try really really hard

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Saints43 wrote:The negative, defensive gameplan (everyone tags) means that even after a period of dominance we barely hit the scoreboard. There is no margin for error.

we are - since the break - the 8th highest scoring side in the comp......no not 1 but hardly the worst either......but I guess facts gety in the way...........I mean Ross comes from Sydney SO we must now just be a clone of the Swans...yeah?
What kind of bullsh1t stat is that???

"we are the 8th highest scoring side in the comp"???

Our percentage has dropped by 24% from this time last year...

Fair Dinkum ...

Do you ever go and see a Saints match???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

We are the eighth higest scoring side since the break... whacko.

We've scored 7 more goals than we've conceded in 8 weeks. And we've played Richmond, Carlton & Footscray.

We are defensive. We are boring.

I am not having a go at the man you love... he needs to have a pre-season with the players.

But if you think that things are going well at the moment then you are easily pleased.

The sum of the total is less than sum of the parts.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Face it Teflon...

You're a tosser, with no idea...

to mention that stat is the height of ignoramus :lol:

Get a clue and come and watch a match :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

We've scored 7 more goals than we've conceded in 8 weeks. And we've played Richmond, Carlton & Footscray.

I am not having a go at the man you love... he needs to have a pre-season with the players.

But if you think that things are going well at the moment then you are easily pleased.

Thanks Confuscious...but Newsflash Plato - I love the St Kilda FC not individuals....what I dont "like" is simplistic tripe put forward (its bad old Ross and his tewible game plan...in the voice of tweety bird) as the root of all our evils..our problems go deeper than game plan but I guess thats the easy fix right? ..maybe we can sack another one??? what could we say then "no man is an island'??

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Face it Teflon...

ahhgg my resident stalker who wants to meetme to sort "stuff" out....ecept when asked directly what "stuff" is he turns mute.....

If Im a tosser with no idea...your a tosser who has issues..........and good luck with that. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Iratedebate
Club Player

Easily pleased are the people that get off on an 8th place finish last season :oops:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Iratedebate wrote:

Easily pleased are the people that get off on an 8th place finish last season :oops:
Here fn here...well said.

“Yeah….nah””
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Face it Teflon...

ahhgg my resident stalker who wants to meetme to sort "stuff" out....ecept when asked directly what "stuff" is he turns mute.....

If Im a tosser with no idea...your a tosser who has issues..........and good luck with that. :roll:

Well answer this for the second time Einstein .....

What kind of bullsh1t stat is that???

"we are the 8th highest scoring side in the comp"???

Our percentage has dropped by 24% from this time last year...

Iratedebate
Club Player

Our percentage has dropped by 24% from this time last year...Our percentage has dropped by 24% from this time last year...
At the end of the day, what did that great percentage do for us. Yeah that's right 8th place, WHOOO HOOO, brilliant

Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Thanks Confuscious...but Newsflash Plato - I love the St Kilda FC not individuals....what I dont "like" is simplistic tripe put forward (its bad old Ross and his tewible game plan...in the voice of tweety bird) as the root of all our evils..our problems go deeper than game plan but I guess thats the easy fix right? ..maybe we can sack another one??? what could we say then "no man is an island'??
WTF are you talking about?

Of course the current state of play is down to RL.

He can't really be judged until he has the players for a pre-season but the early signs are not good. I'm not asking for him to be sacked - I just don't understand how he got employed. No senior coaching experience was not what I was hoping for when GT was sacked. (Although I was pleased to hear that we contacted Mark Williams).

Do you think the game plan is good? Is working? Suits the players?

Any plan that fits Attard but not Voss is not a good plan IMO.

By the way, which part of my previous post was so obvious? That we are negative, boring or that RL is not getting the best out of our players?

Boppa
Club Player

At the end of the day, what did that great percentage do for us. Yeah that's right 8th place, WHOOO HOOO, brilliant
Exactly, 8th place not a great achievement i dont think.

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Iratedebate wrote:
Our percentage has dropped by 24% from this time last year...Our percentage has dropped by 24% from this time last year...
At the end of the day...

this time last year the Saints were 4th...

Pretty simple really....

Or are you another one with out a clue??

Boppa
Club Player

At the end of the day...

Pretty simple really....

Or are you another one with out a clue??At the end of the day...

Pretty simple really....

Actually if you read his post he is quite clued up. It doesn't matter what we were this time last year, at the end of the season it was an 8th place finish and that cant be disputed

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

When you're chasing a result late in the game, why would you flood?

Bizzarre tactics from Ross tonight - I though he was well out-coached all night.

He should have moved Roo into defence when he started drifting out of the game, which was when Sydney got on top. Roo is a gun CHF and most valuble there, but he's actually the league's best CHB - he breaks down EVERY attacking move.
Last edited by evertonfc on Sun 12 Aug 2007 1:55am, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Washedup
Club Player

Why do so many on here get so excited about past seasons. We didn't win a flag therefore we achieved NOTHING you clowns :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

So, we are the 8th best side this year going on stats and that's fine by you??

and we should just forget at the same time last year we were 4th??

Okay, yes...

Going on Teflon's theory "we are on track"...

or just maybe a spot behind...

:roll: :roll:

T.S BAY 16 Telstra Dome
Club Player

At the end of the day...

Pretty simple really....

Who gives a flying F@CK if we were 4th this time last season. We got knocked out first week of the finals FFS, so what did that do for us?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:When you're chasing a result late in the game, why would you flood?

Bizzarre tactics from Ross tonight - I though he was well out-coached all night.

He should have moved Roo into defence when he started drifting out of the game, which was when Sydney got on top. Roo is a gun CHF and most valuble there, but he's actually the league's best CHB - he breaks down EVERY attacking move.

Agreed, we lost the match in the coaches box, but he will never put his hand up and say that IMO :roll:

Iratedebate
Club Player

Its good to see there are a few on here with some brains, and can see due to our poor list management we have gone backwards and that an 8th place finish is really not that great

Saints43
Club Player

My issue with the game plan is that it doesn't suit the playing list.

This means that either the game plan will have to be modified which doesn't look likely to me. Flexibility doesn't appear to be RL's strong suit.

Or, the playing list has to change. This takes time and if RL turns out to be a failure ( it's possible - most coaches are ) then we may have passed up the opportunity to take a reasonably mature, pretty talented team to finals football.