Fergus Watts - Time to unleash him?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Carl Mynott
Club Player

I'm going to the Casey game on Sunday,i'll keep an eye on Watts and see how he goes...

I'm going to pay attention to his pace,his ability to win a contested ball,his ability to provide a lead and his team play in general.I might even compare him to Barry Brookes.......

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I would bring Fergus in this week against Freo to stretch their back line.

You never know he could be the X-Factor come finals time :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:I would bring Fergus in this week against Freo to stretch their back line.

Fair enough but who would he replace. Only our smalls were poor on the weekend except for G but he doesnt deserve to be dropped. If he comes in for a small our forward line would be very slow.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
LTN16 wrote:I would bring Fergus in this week against Freo to stretch their back line.

Fair enough but who would he replace. Only our smalls were poor on the weekend except for G but he doesnt deserve to be dropped. If he comes in for a small our forward line would be very slow.
true it would be slow but freo aint really super quick either and with macpharlin out and parker not really up to afl standard it may be the gamble to try and strech them for height in our forward line and without sandilands their ruck isnt going to be as dominant so maybe we wont need kosi to drift forward ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
sabras
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Have always respected your opinion on this site as you are almost always on the money; however G-Train needs a week of for the following reasons:

1 - He is obviously playing with an injured hand
2 - Coaching staff need to show the team that no one is untouchable, have a s*** month, go back to the twos to find some form.
3 - We need to give other forwards who are deserving of a spot a chance to cement a spot pre finals where no mistakes can be made
4 - Because his impact on the game this year has been woeful bar two games where he kicked a bag - just not good enough.
5 - Because!

I think the time has come for change because we had our best side in for a very long time and you would not have known it....

Xav and CJ out as well....

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I wonder if RL would contemplate going extremely tall to test Freo and test the two guys we have in the V who I think the club looks at as forward options post-Gehrig. I doubt it, but as poor as the feed has been, Gehrig has still been in very poor form the last 2 weeks (though for the 3 weeks before that he was good).

Rest Gehrig for a week, drop Jones, bring in both Watts and Brooks, tell them both to play from the goalsquare. If one plays well they can give themselves the inside track on being Gehrig's replacement, and maybe win another week in the show. If neither, well, Gehrig would be back vs WCE.

If both played well... give me the problem.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SaintWodonga
Club Player

I would like to see him (Watt) have a go. Agree with Plugger66 though. I think the real problem we have is the fact that most clubs seems to have mid sized goal kickers, we don't. We are too 1 dimentional & predictable (kick to Roo). Milne has been playing better, but does not seem capable of kicking more than 2 a game (I hope he proves me wrong).

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM