Have we blown a team away in 2007?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

Have we blown a team away in 2007?

Saints of the recent past have hammered lowly ranked teams, and occasionally handed out a flogging to a good side....we were feared for what we could do, on song.....now we can hardly put a team away....IMHO we have lost respect in the competition....which was hard earned....and the players have also lost confidence in their ability....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think part of the reason is that our midfield as a unit has not been that good this year....

....and conversely that most oppositions midfields have been good this year.

We do not have the midfield edge that we use to have.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i know another team of recent times that plays a boring-as-batshit style of football and never blows any teams away

but we're not trying to play like them, so don't worry.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
karnaby
Club Player

LOL T_D

Whatever you do, don't mention the war :wink:

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
brewski
Club Player

i think we should take a look at how Richmond played the filth on Friday, put there best up forward and went fast, straight and direct to their forwards and forced the barcodes best asset, their running out of defense to become accountable and lose their effectiveness, by playing exciting attacking footy.

Our forward line is better than the tiges and so is our midfield in fact we are better all over the park, we should be smacking sides weekly and i cant understand why we persist with this sydney style footy struggling to kick 10 goals every week.

We are a very real chance to miss the 8 this year and imho i think we should be trying some different things, i would love to see a few of our younger blokes get a chance to see if they can cut it in the bigs, for example would like to see a forward line of Roo, Kosi, watts and Sweeney, would also like to see Armo get a bit of a run in the middle to help his development.

Would also be interesed in other posters thoughts on G-train going back to defense as a Fletcher from bummers role, hes big, fast and agile but he isnt really accountable in the forward line and fairly inconsistant as far as kicking bags having said that i think hes fantastic and would love to see him go around again next year.

RL was also a big fan of ruckmen when he came over and admittedly we have had a few injuries but seems like we a playing a lot of games same as last year with Kosi and Rix doing this role.

I really just want to see a good effort to finish the year on, i want to see the attacking foot to the throat of opposition that we have be capable of in the past and if we cant make 8 give the kids a chance to stand up for next year.

Banned by the censors
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

brewski wrote:i think we should take a look at how Richmond played the filth on Friday, put there best up forward and went fast, straight and direct to their forwards and forced the barcodes best asset, their running out of defense to become accountable and lose their effectiveness, by playing exciting attacking footy.

but don't forget they targetted the Pies slow midfield and structured up so that there faster midfield..particularly Foley could break free.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
spert
Saintsational Legend

We need a Foley type of player, so on yer bikes Saint recruiters.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
brewski wrote:i think we should take a look at how Richmond played the filth on Friday, put there best up forward and went fast, straight and direct to their forwards and forced the barcodes best asset, their running out of defense to become accountable and lose their effectiveness, by playing exciting attacking footy.

but don't forget they targetted the Pies slow midfield and structured up so that there faster midfield..particularly Foley could break free.....
So they backed themselves to beat their opponents in the midfield?