Ferguson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Ferguson

How did he play? Only seen half a match. Made a few mistakes like the in the back but nothing horrible that wouldn't be cleared out of his game after more experience at AFL level. Certainly a decent sized footballer. Will he get a game next week against richmond? Could be handy against one of their mid/flankers.

Carpe Diem
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Shocking, shocking game. Looks completely out of his depth at this level.

He needs game time so he can learn how to play at this level, but he just seems so out of water when not playing for Casey.

Looked directionless and clueless.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

eppo67
Club Player

In a word terrible.

Playing for his career and it doesn't look real good for him I would suggest.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Shocking, shocking game. Looks completely out of his depth at this level.

He needs game time so he can learn how to play at this level, but he just seems so out of water when not playing for Casey.

He was not on his own looking out of his depth tonight...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Shocking, shocking game. Looks completely out of his depth at this level.

He was not on his own looking out of his depth tonight...
Amen to that.

Jayden Attard, Leigh Fisher, Matthew Clarke, Shane Birss and Jason Blake looked hopeless.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

A lot of posters gave me a spray for dissing young ferguson. Seems I wasn't completely off the ball. Though one game doesn't mean everything. I hope the just purserveer(sp) with him. I dont see the point in bringing someone in for only 1 game. Ferg did play against one of the best teams in the comp so cut him slack there.

Carpe Diem
eppo67
Club Player

Is Briss the new easy target. FFS he was OK a lot of in and under work and tackling.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

eppo67 wrote:Is Briss the new easy target. FFS he was OK a lot of in and under work and tackling.
Yeh he did. Genreally he has good skills and had a lot of tackles as well.

Carpe Diem
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Birss tried hard but he's hopelessly one paced, too easily brushed off the ball and coughs it up far too much with his indecision and poor execution.

I don't know if those are attributes you'd find in any West Coast midfielder.

Remember, they won a premiership last year on the strength of their midfield. It's how games of footy are won or lost these days, which is why you can't have anyone in there who's not a good or very good midfielder.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Birss tried hard but he's hopelessly one paced, too easily brushed off the ball and coughs it up far too much with his indecision and poor execution.

Remember, they won a premiership last year on the strength of their midfield. It's how games of footy are won or lost these days, which is why you can't have anyone in there who's not a good or very good midfielder.
You are far too harsh on Birss and also on Leigh Fisher, who had a terrific game and only looked a bit out of his depth a few times when he was playing almost as a forward for some reason.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Birss tried hard but he's hopelessly one paced, too easily brushed off the ball and coughs it up far too much with his indecision and poor execution.

You are far too harsh on Birss and also on Leigh Fisher, who had a terrific game and only looked a bit out of his depth a few times when he was playing almost as a forward for some reason.
A terrific game?

He made some vital, vital errors and simply didn't chase hard enough in open space. He doesn't do enough gut-running; a problem when you haven't got speed to begin with.

Darren
Club Player

If Ferguson got delisted, how the hell did he get picked up again? How about Schwarze?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Darren wrote:If Ferguson got delisted, how the hell did he get picked up again? How about Schwarze?
To be fair, TS wasn't much better.

Ferguson has had a great VFL year from all accounts, but yeah, he looked terrible tonight - I was really excited about seeing him play.

His career is hanging by a thread.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Darren wrote:If Ferguson got delisted, how the hell did he get picked up again? How about Schwarze?

Ferguson has had a great VFL year from all accounts, but yeah, he looked terrible tonight - I was really excited about seeing him play.

give him a break......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

give him a break......
Not having a go at him stinger - remember, he was delisted at the end of last year.

I'd be lying if I said I thought he was certain of a place on our list next year, especially if we miss the eight this year and have to do some heavy pruning.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

give him a break......
Not having a go at him stinger - remember, he was delisted at the end of last year.

I'd be lying if I said I thought he was certain of a place on our list next year, especially if we miss the eight this year and have to do some heavy pruning.

he was only delisted because we had to delist one more player...he was always going to be redrafted.....

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

give him a break......

he was only delisted because we had to delist one more player...he was always going to be redrafted.....
Doesn't speak volumes though that he was considered the most expendable and that nobody else would draft him...?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

give him a break......

Doesn't speak volumes though that he was considered the most expendable and that nobody else would draft him...?

no...i realise that.....

hotdish
Club Player

I would take TS back anytime ahead of a few players on our list, but thats in the past...

Ferguson's career is not hanging in the balance. I think that the fact that we re-drafted him showed that the recruiting staff rate him. You don't re-draft kids, wasting a pick (or another development player) and then delist them.

Whilst I'm not a fan of his (I haven't seen him play much and I think he's overrated from what people say on here), I believe that he will be given another year next year.

Thompson, Raymond, M Clarke and another player, to be delisted at the minumum. Its probably a toss up between Gwilt and Ferguson, but regardless I think he'll be kept on another year.

He should play next week - its stupid to not give him a chance - don't shaft the kid like brooks has been shafted (give him consecutive games)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

give him a break......

no...i realise that.....
Well, at the risk of stating the obvious...take all the above into consideration, and then add that to the fact he's played one game since 2005 (tonight, and it was a shocker), and it's not unfair to say his career at St Kilda will be heavily scrutinised at the end of the current year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i was basically commenting on that comment that he looked terrible tonight...his opponent was held possessionless in the first half...ffs.....

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Jayden Attard, Leigh Fisher, Matthew Clarke, Shane Birss and Jason Blake looked hopeless.
Attard was playing one of his best games for the year before he got injured. Had 10 touches before halftime while keeping braun to 5.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert The Great wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Jayden Attard, Leigh Fisher, Matthew Clarke, Shane Birss and Jason Blake looked hopeless.
Attard was playing one of his best games for the year before he got injured. Had 10 touches before halftime while keeping braun to 5.
yep ...he was playing alright...needs to ensure his disposals...by hand or foot...are not cut off though.....

Apu
Club Player

There were plenty worse than Birss playing in the red white and black today

Leigh Fisher really butchered the ball for while there...would have preferred to see him and Ferguson swap roles and let Chips tahe Le Cras and Ferg be creative at HFF

Nee!