hmmm, interesting reading

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

hmmm, interesting reading

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

Seems Dodgy Rod might just have a few skeletons tucked away that are starting to tumble into the open. interesting to find the source of these disclosures, but if any of this is true it is justifiable that we have that clean sweep really soon.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
JeffDunne

Pleased to read our "best ever president" is sticking to his "no comment" mantra.

StSteven
Club Player

Here we go again.....let's self destruct while we have a team that needs to rebuild and a new coach......ideal time to have internal rumblings...NOT....oh St Kilda!

JeffDunne

What's wrong with the timing Steven?

Interesting to note too that there's only ONE person being quoted in the press & that would be our "best ever" president.

StSteven
Club Player

What I find frustrating is that we can never get it together on and off the field.

Imagine how Ross feels at his new club with this crap going on. How attractive will the club be to new staff, players and sponsors. I am sick of it as it seems to be our destiny.

It hurts especially at this time as we watch other teams that we were equal to running around in finals.

Sigh..............

JeffDunne

The reason why it happens Steven is that we have too many supporters that support individuals rather than the club. And that runs all the way to the top.

Look no further than Saintsational for evidence of what I'm talking about.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

What sh!ts me about that article is the vain Mother F@cker is a such a publicity seeking hound it F@rking makes me ill. He thrives on it.

Will Rod ever learn the club is greater than the individual?
It is StKFC not RbFC!

Let go now Rod and hand the interim Presidency to Ross Levine until a new board/ credible alternate board can be assembled.

The links and supposed jobs for the boys - ho hum! Find me a club, business, industry where this doesn't happen. Drawing at straws Mr Barrett.

As for Mr Barrett, he could of at least acknowledged saintsational as his source of most of the information contained in the article

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
ashjam
Club Player

This is the quote that amazes me and exposes Rod as a liar.
Time to go Rod Butterss and your chronies!
Other processes at St Kilda have also been raising eyebrows.

They include how one of Butterss' best mates and business partner, Glen Casey, a Saints' director, last year received from the club about $10,000 a month for three months.

"Not true, not one cent," Butterss said.

When challenged, he said he would check out the matter. He rang back 30 minutes later.

"Glen was paid for a consultancy late last year and I know that was endorsed by the board. It was a strategic review," Butterss said.

"In the board meeting, it was Ray King who made the recommendation that he undertake the review and be paid for it, because it was a full-time job.

"What I was confused about when you first rang was there were two bodies of work done by Glen, the first body of work being a strategic review, the second body of work being a one-day-a-week mentoring and assisting in the transition and bringing the new chief executive up to speed."

Casey is a partner of Butterss in the Transition Group, a consultancy firm which re-structures businesses.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Damien Barrett a s*** stirer from Qld and not very respected. I would suggest that few people understand how business works at a top level. What a load of crap and people get so sucked in. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
JeffDunne

What a load of crap and people get so sucked in
:lol:

He certainly sucked in Rod "not one cent" Butterss.

BTW, good to see you've finally come around too JB and dropped your "not unless you offer a viable alternative" position.

sasaint
Club Player

Bring on the spill. Bring on Westaway. If it be done let it be done quickly. :!:

saintlee
Club Player

sasaint wrote:Bring on the spill. Bring on Westaway. If it be done let it be done quickly. :!:
Agreed, quickly and painlessly I hope!

spert
Saintsational Legend

And Westaway, another ego-driven business boofhead will solve all our perceived problems?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It's Time!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes agreed...disgraceful that GT was paid $500,000 a year...way above what a rookie coach should have received...Board should not have agreed to his demands.

Also disgraceful that GT wanted the head trainer to take a 10% salary cut (GT did the deals for all football department staff).....had to find that $500,000 a year from somewhere!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
BTW, good to see you've finally come around too JB and dropped your "not unless you offer a viable alternative" position.
Can't agree with you there JD, you may have noted I have listed Ross Levine as an interim President and I'd be happy with him taking the role.

I have met Ross many times and have had one business transaction with him and I have nothing but the utmost respect for his professionalism.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
JeffDunne

So what was your problem when I suggested that Rod should step down even if it meant on of the existing board members step into the role?

Arguing for the sake of it?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:So what was your problem when I suggested that Rod should step down even if it meant on of the existing board members step into the role?

Arguing for the sake of it?
LOL – Don’t remember that suggestion from you or the argument but if it means so much to you to bring it up I sincerely appologise :lol:

I have been of the opinion and do not change that it is foolish to call for change without having a credible replacement in mind, I have also consistently named Ross Levine as my choice of replacement.

Don't ever remember you nominating anyone, quite the contrary.

I also think those kissing Mr Westaway's ringer don't know what they are writing about!

JeffDunne

Selective memory or was that another pathetic attempt at self flagellation?

Saints43
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Yes agreed...disgraceful that GT was paid $500,000 a year...way above what a rookie coach should have received...Board should not have agreed to his demands.

Also disgraceful that GT wanted the head trainer to take a 10% salary cut (GT did the deals for all football department staff).....had to find that $500,000 a year from somewhere!!!!
What is the matter with you?

Read this again:

By the time he was sacked at the end of 2006, Thomas was being paid about $500,000 a year to coach St Kilda, an amount many Saints people now argue was way too much.

Some even question if Thomas was paid so much in order for Butterss to have his personal loan repaid.

It states the wage as "By the time he was sacked at the end of 2006". Not as a rookie in 2001.

It suggests "Thomas was paid so much in order for Butterss to have his personal loan repaid."

It's an (alleged) indictment on Butterss.

Idiot.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
What is the matter with you?

nothing

1/ Perhaps you cannot understand clear English???? You have failed to realise that my criticism was of BOTH the Board and GT.

GT demanded too much...and the Board paid too much....CAN you follow now?????

2/How about you actually analyse things????...

Firstly why do believe that he was only paid the $$$ in the last year of his stay??? He was earning the big $$$ a lot longer than that.

Big $$$ should ONLY be paid to coaches that have won flags....or at least got into GFs..

GT was still a rookie coach underserving of pay as an elite coach....BECAUSE he had YET to achieve that status.

GT had NEVER been an assistant coach at AFL...and so SHOULD have been paid at a LOW rate.....not ata HIGH rate.

Time in the job means SQUAT....coaches should be paid on what is DELIVERED and what value they have ADDED.

Bugger all of either from GT who UNDERACHIEVED with the greatest list of players that the Saints have had since the 60s/70s.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saints43
Club Player

Bollocks.. you misquoted the article to suit your never ending tirades that this pathetic season is due to a former employee. You're the bloke sitting on a tram to Baghdad telling himself he's going to Disneyland.

You have stated that GT (the employee) asked for to much and the Board (the employer) consented. How is this a fault of the employee?

I'll skip the remuneration for GF appearances just because it's stupid. You don't know what GT was paid in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006. You don't know. I assume that Thompson & Craig are well remunerated without performing more than one role as a cost-cutting measure for their clubs. No GFs though...

I will address the last part of your post:

The list of players we have had 2004-2006 is nowhere near as good as the 1991-1993 list. Write 'em down. Have a look.

The bloke who "UNDERACHIEVED with the greatest list of players that the Saints have had since the 60s/70s" is our General Manger of Football.

Onwards and upwards...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

what a yawn article - absolutely nothing new in it just a re hash of St Kildas history going back to Blight days by a half @ssed journo?

Geez some people get their pencils out quick.......

You do get the feel Butters is paying for the way he looks......which is a sad indictment on those making the judgemnets....Grant always looked like a fat turd to me (excpet when he b@stadised the Russian diet...).....yet his demeanour now he is in the media seems to never be quetioned.....scary.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:...Grant always looked like a fat turd to me (excpet when he b@stadised the Russian diet...).....yet his demeanour now he is in the media seems to never be quetioned.....scary.

.......amazing that........i have always pictured you as a fat turd....and not scary at all...... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Teflon wrote:...Grant always looked like a fat turd to me (excpet when he b@stadised the Russian diet...).....yet his demeanour now he is in the media seems to never be quetioned.....scary.

.......amazing that........i have always pictured you as a fat turd....and not scary at all...... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Here we go again.....

ahem.....mods?

I was advised this clown was close to banned???????? or let me guess.....he starts ANOTHER slanging match and ties up the forum for pages and walks away with a slap o n the wrist?

Do something about it!

“Yeah….nah””