Where does this leave Archie Fraser ? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Where does this leave Archie Fraser ? !!

Although Ken Sheldon looks ready for the chop no matter what hapens at the EGM, Archie Fraser would be on shaky ground should the Footy First Group get up.

After all a group of that stature would want to put their stamp on the place as soon as they got in and that would go all the way to Archies seat.

Ross Levine has been remakably quiet lately and what is Jim Watts up to these days? !!

saintm
Club Player

There is a note regarding Archie and other senior staff on the West of Moorabbin site.

www.westofmoorabbin.com

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:There is a note regarding Archie and other senior staff on the West of Moorabbin site.

www.westofmoorabbin.com
Thanks. Noted !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

interesting...seems archie might be white anting from within.....and here"s me thinking that he would get the chop along with sheldon......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SAINTLY73
Club Player

Archie HAS been part of this for a while. Gdansky and himself have similar views on many issues especially the redevelopment fiasco.

How appropriate is it for a current CEO to be involved and support such a move?

And people thought the RB/GT stank.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

would love to see AF get the chop... not impressed with this man at all

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut's claims are quite extraordinary if they are genuinely based upon what Fraser himself has been saying.

Assuming that people close to Butterss read the various Saints-related websites regularly, I would expect that Butterss will be contacting Fraser shortly to find out if they are indeed correct. If Butterss doesn't take this sort of action, it will be a sign of how weak his position has now become.

If it is true that Fraser has been whiteanting Butterss, it is only what Butterss should have anticipated, given how assidiously Fraser undermined GT in the weeks leading up to September 12 2006.

Regardless of how close or distant he might be from the likes of Gdanski, the challengers would be mad to keep AF on if they win control of the Board. Indeed, if the suggestion that AF is on their side gains wider coverage, then I suspect that this would serve to diminish the popularity of the St Kilda Footy First team's cause.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Sam23
SS Life Member

Gawn.

killa_gram
Club Player

It's an interesting one. Archie was going to go (resign) if there was no challenge, he will stay if the challenge gets up. So I suppose it's no skin off his nose if RB knows all this and gets rid of him as he would have been out of there anyway.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
yipper
SS Life Member

So is Jim Watts busy these days??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
busso mick
Club Player

It appears that Archie Fraser might be heading for his Archie Bunker and keeping it "All In The Family" - only the oldies amongst us might know what I'm on about.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:So is Jim Watts busy these days??
Didn't he just knock-back an AFL job?

I'm wondering if the StKildaFootyFirst group are much more advanced than they are letting on?

What wonderful times for conspiracy theorists? :)

Firstly, a guy who is partners with David Friend in a marketing/membership business is the owner of their website domain name.

Jim Watts knocks back a serious job offer from the AFL

WHat else is bubbling away in the background?

yipper
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:

I'm wondering if the StKildaFootyFirst group are much more advanced than they are letting on?

Firstly, a guy who is partners with David Friend in a marketing/membership business is the owner of their website domain name.

Yes indeed. There may actually be plenty of substance behind the new group. Westaway, Ross Levin and John Gdanski are good friends with Watts aparently. Very interesting times ahead indeed.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
mischa
Club Player

Archibald seems very strange. Am surprised he's still there frankly-his attitude (now) seems to be one of saving your own skin "if the board wasn't challenged" :roll:

The Craw
Club Player

yipper wrote: Yes indeed. There may actually be plenty of substance behind the new group. Westaway, Ross Levin and John Gdanski are good friends with Watts aparently. Very interesting times ahead indeed.
Archie Fraser is very good mates with Jim Watts, read into that what you will.

Not Craw, CRAW!
StSteven
Club Player

O notice there was no denial on radio that GT could be called on as CEO? Any whispers on this?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:O notice there was no denial on radio that GT could be called on as CEO? Any whispers on this?

Because it wasn't mentioned? WTF

I didn't hear ronald mcdonald mentioned as CEo either will he be?

StSteven
Club Player

If you heard Andrew Thompson on SEN you would have heard the question. I was in the car and did not catch it all but to be fair it was raised by the interviewer. The reply was non-commital.

Q5
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

Jim Watts did work at the AFL for about 12 months but has left recently to, I think, 'spend time with his family'. I badgered an AFL acquaintance about the real reason for Watts' departure, but hit a brick wall!

Whilst not usually a 'conspiracy theorist', I too find this all very interesting and think it is further along than what is being let on. In business, a lot of things can go on for 12 months or more, before finally folding, or a takeover / buyout etc. being announced. Hmmm......

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:O notice there was no denial on radio that GT could be called on as CEO? Any whispers on this?
forget that......anyone at the club knows that GT would be terrible in sucha role.

Just talk to anyone that has worked or volunteered there. They are not glowing....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Q5 wrote:
, I too find this all very interesting and think it is further along than what is being let on. In business, a lot of things can go on for 12 months or more, before finally folding, or a takeover / buyout etc. being announced. Hmmm......
Well I would actually be ver dissapointed if the Alternate Board had not in fact have well researched plans ready....

I mean you don't want them to get elected and then ask themselves what the f do they do now!!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Q5
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Well I would actually be ver dissapointed if the Alternate Board had not in fact have well researched plans ready....

I mean you don't want them to get elected and then ask themselves what the f do they do now!!!!!
Touché! Though my comment was specifically in relation to MM's regarding the 'rebel group' (to quote the official 'party' line) and their ticket being further advanced than what they are letting on.

Had to laugh when reading a BF post about the challenge, where an Essendon supporter was bemoaning the feeble attempt by their supporters to instigate change... :lol:

GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:interesting...seems archie might be white anting from within.....and here"s me thinking that he would get the chop along with sheldon......
Wouldn't surprise me if he was. Would still be smarting that Butterss torpedoed his negotiating stance over Moorabbin, you know, the "Yes we're going/no we're not" couple of days.

Brombergsaint
Club Player

Well i think its just part of evolution. When the saints had no team and no money we needed a autocratic style to make the decisions needed to turn the club around. Thomas in the football dept and Butters off field. It is because of their success that our club has moved so far forward that both their styles are no longer required.

Dont get me wrong, our club needed boyh men at the time and we owe them a great deal indeed. But to go the next level we now have to look elsewhere and I trust Burkey and Thomo. they have my vote.

P.S. Is it only social club members who can vote...?????

FAITH IS WHAT THE SAINTS ARE ALL ABOUT
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Brombergsaint wrote:Well i think its just part of evolution. When the saints had no team and no money we needed a autocratic style to make the decisions needed to turn the club around. Thomas in the football dept and Butters off field. It is because of their success that our club has moved so far forward that both their styles are no longer required.

Dont get me wrong, our club needed boyh men at the time and we owe them a great deal indeed. But to go the next level we now have to look elsewhere and I trust Burkey and Thomo. they have my vote.

P.S. Is it only social club members who can vote...?????
no...all members can vote.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.