the board and our guernsey.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

karnak
Club Player

the board and our guernsey.

first thing for the board to do in my opinion is outlaw the clash guernsey and give us something we like,

sorry if this has already been talked about.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Gilbert The Great
Club Player

my favorite saints jumper was the clash one last year, personally I'd like to see that one brought back

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes please...bring back my jumper....

I see this question that I added to N1cks list was asked and gained a favourable resposse.

So I expect we will see our clash strip having much more of a Saints feel to it..
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 05 Oct 2007 4:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Was very encouraged by their response here...think we need to forward some of the designs proposed by armooo etc.

The predominately white jumper is not necessary and not reflective of our proud tri colour history...

would even like to see the heritage come back or the hot cross bun...

we are Red,White and Black!!!!!!And don't you fortget it!!!Its a branding power thiing ...basic marketing that the new board seem to recognise...halaleliah!!! :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

we cant bring back the heritage jumper or the tricolour one

it isnt deemed adaquete from the afl as it has vertical stripes...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Rice Paper
Club Player

St Kilda played Geelong in a heritage round 2 years ago where we wore our 1960's jumper.

It was basically what it is today except it had a white back. This is what Collingwood has done, just change the back to white. This is what we should do, have the tri-colours in the front but have a white back.

The Peanut
Club Player

Yeah - common sense needs to prevail - I don't know this for a fact but it is my guess it's our staff getting lampooned by slick public relations consultants experimenting with our club on graphics and styles. We have to cater for everyone I know, but I hope the new board insist that the traditionalists have some say too - and there are plenty of us around. I too like the heritage stripes and we used to win a lot of games in them too. :wink:

Its a bit like the 'believe or burn' slogan - apparently decided by vote at a breakfast function and its my guess half of the voters wouldn't know more than a dozen players names and numbers - and that very few, if any, intended to put a sticker on their car anyway.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Rice Paper wrote:St Kilda played Geelong in a heritage round 2 years ago where we wore our 1960's jumper.

It was basically what it is today except it had a white back. This is what Collingwood has done, just change the back to white. This is what we should do, have the tri-colours in the front but have a white back.
Agree 100% :wink:

I would still also like to bring back the candy striped heritage jumper that we wore for three years

the players loved it and if the AFL has got an issue with it, just tell them to shove it

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Scoop
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Rice Paper wrote:St Kilda played Geelong in a heritage round 2 years ago where we wore our 1960's jumper.

Agree 100% :wink:
Also agree.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Not another f#cking jumper :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

if Collingwood can have stripes on their clash jumper, why can't we?

thats what i'd be saying to the AFL if i were the new Pres

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
strauchanie
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: I would still also like to bring back the candy striped heritage jumper that we wore for three years
best jumper we ever had

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:if Collingwood can have stripes on their clash jumper, why can't we?

because their original jumper is vertical stripes...

your clash jumper cannot have vertical stripes if your original doesn't

wow thats confusing

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:we cant bring back the heritage jumper or the tricolour one

well if the filth can have two jumpers with vertical stripes...black on white...and white on black.....the afl really has no say in the matter.......can't have one rule for one and another for the rest of the swill...ffs......c'mon archie and westerway...stand up to the pricks..... :wink: :wink: :wink: ...show us that you are made of more steel than that pussy butterss..... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

Re: the board and our guernsey.

karnak wrote:first thing for the board to do in my opinion is outlaw the clash guernsey and give us something we like,

Thats it tackle the hard issues that determine the on field success. :roll:

Saints_45
Club Player

Im am pretty sure that this year's clash jumper will be the same as it was a 2 year deal. No chance of it changing from memory.

Maybe 2009 design will be much better though

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Saints_45 wrote:Im am pretty sure that this year's clash jumper will be the same as it was a 2 year deal. No chance of it changing from memory.

Maybe 2009 design will be much better though
a deal???? with who :roll: the footbal club makes the decisions

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
The_Dud wrote:if Collingwood can have stripes on their clash jumper, why can't we?

because their original jumper is vertical stripes...

your clash jumper cannot have vertical stripes if your original doesn't

wow thats confusing
Technically the striped one is our original jumper. Didn't we wear that one in 1897?

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Saints_45
Club Player

the deal would be done I assume with the whoever makes the jumpers to supply us for two years with that jumper.

club would have signed off on it.

not certain but i would be extremely confident that we will be wearing the acid wash look again this year

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:

Did not stop the Pes.

GW needs to get the AFL to explain why the Pies can have vertical stripes......and not take s***.....and demand that we have the same right.

Though has other have said in past strings...we could have our tri-color and just change the back to red or white.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Re: the board and our guernsey.

karnak wrote:first thing for the board to do in my opinion is outlaw the clash guernsey and give us something we like,

From memory you are from Brisbane yeah?

If so come & meet the new president on Monday (8/10) 6pm at the Brisbane Riverview Hotel cnr Kingsford Smith Drive & Hunt Street Hamilton & let him know in person.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote: Technically the striped one is our original jumper. Didn't we wear that one in 1897?
Was looking on the net for some info on this the other day. I thought that our original jumper was red, yellow and black tri-colour. Does anybody know and even better have a link to a site with a graphic of it?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Was looking on the net for some info on this the other day. I thought that our original jumper was red, yellow and black tri-colour. Does anybody know and even better have a link to a site with a graphic of it?
http://www.bomberblitz.com/~rmered/stkildahome.htm (part of www.footyjumpers.com )

Anyway, the yellow jumper came in during WWI, because red white and black were the color of the german luftwaffe (i believe).

Anyway, 1915-1922 we had yellow, and have been red black and white every other year, bar the yellow peril (pura milk thing), and heritage round 2005.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

This was discussed by the club at the time they introduced it when some people complained about the design. Jumper designs came from AFL , and the AFL require it stay the same for 2 years

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

...but IMO, it should be changed for 09 ...