Saintsational/Moorabbin Wing Magazine/Newsletter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Saintsational/Moorabbin Wing Magazine/Newsletter

Just wondering if anyone would read such a thing.

I edit my school's magazine, and I think It'd be great to be able to have a publication that could include Saints' news, player profiles, maybe interviews, excerpts from Saintsational, Moorabbin Wing informatioan and of course some black St.Kilda comedy.

It could come out monthly or at every home game.

I'd like to hear what anyone has to think.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i would contribute for sure as a journalism student.

not sure how it would go though

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

There's an idea for my Media Folio next year!!

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

IMO this would be a great idea, there are quite a few future journalists on this site, and it should be a great read for all fans, would definitely support the idea, would also be great if we could have a focus segment on Saintsational, a brief recap of the month's main talking points etc...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jill
Club Player

:D I still have quite a collection of past newsletters - some in newspaper form, some little booklets - love browsing through them still. Would welcome the return of a publication like "The Saint". :D
A great way to make supporters feel a part of the club! :lol:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The club is going to re-introduce the Saint magazine this year, and are looking at some form of newsletter to be introduced.

It's a great idea and I would support it, but I would probably wait and see what happens from the club's end first.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Would love to be involved in something like that, as im sure a few others would be... *hint* HarveysDeciple*

HarveysDeciple

I'd be keen to jump on board for sure.

Broaden the experience a bit for the resume

Edited the Monash University paper so can have a crack.

:wink:

GrumpyOne

In these days of internet, does anybody actually read papers/newsletters any more?

Personally, I haven't bought a newspaper in about 4 years. Read them on-line.

Trunch
Club Player

As a student studying photography I would love to contribute, if I were allowed to take photos that is.

Remain educated on the game, stay loyal to St.Kilda
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Still interested in this, but does anyone know about the legal implications with the club, e.g. can we give them out at games?

I'd be happy to do it with the club.

Any info or suggestions please post.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Still interested in this, but does anyone know about the legal implications with the club, e.g. can we give them out at games?

I'd be happy to do it with the club.

Any info or suggestions please post.
Maybe pm SaintsMedia who posts on here - I'm sure they could/would give you all teh rights/wrongs of what you can/cannot do?
Last edited by Mr Magic on Fri 26 Dec 2008 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

There may be a few changes to the forum in the near future, one of which may be a 'front page' with a link to the forum, but also some articles, stats etc etc. We are looking at a few options at the moment.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:There may be a few changes to the forum in the near future, one of which may be a 'front page' with a link to the forum, but also some articles, stats etc etc. We are looking at a few options at the moment.
Similar to teh setup at Demonland?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:There may be a few changes to the forum in the near future, one of which may be a 'front page' with a link to the forum, but also some articles, stats etc etc. We are looking at a few options at the moment.
The problem with that is that someone has to update it all the time.

We used to have a 'front page' but it became time consuming...

The Trevor Barker Medal has not been updated since 2005 on the Saintsational Web forum

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8604
Last edited by St Fidelius on Fri 26 Dec 2008 11:38am, edited 2 times in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Thats one of the challenges in logistics that we would have to cover before we set anything up.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the cheer squad have news letters at all the home games, and works pretty well.
in it we have people's stories about when they went interstate to watch the saints (thats if the previous game was interstate) has the casey scorpians updates, photos of the previous games banners, and the funny banner sayings that are not allowed on the banner... its usually a good read while your waiting for the game to start, much more interesting than the records.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I have a email list of many MW members, to which I send updates on ticketed games, reserved seating and the like..

If you'd like to be added to it (and I do try and post the emails here as well) PM me your email address :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Just what is happening to our front page banner???

This is the last thread about it and it was on page 3...

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... &start=100

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

We're getting to that too.

Waiting on official confirmation of our sponsorship players before we decide on anything.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Thats one of the challenges in logistics that we would have to cover before we set anything up.
Just an idea.....are you/the mods planning on discussing these new ideas re forum layout with the masses (ie us), or just implementing the changes?

Might be a good opportunity to review what is/isn't working all together....no doubt you have that in mind also.

Cheers.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:We're getting to that too.

Waiting on official confirmation of our sponsorship players before we decide on anything.
Take it as official, our 4 sponsored players for 2009 are:-

Raph Clarke
Jack Steven
Nick Heyne
Ross Tungatalum

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Raph Clarke
Jack Steven
Nick Heyne
Ross Tungatalum
Yep,

and the ability of three of four different board styles, I am sure that most, if not all would be please.

It will just take battye to design the suggestions put forward already IMO.

I know battye is busy, but this banner did not happen at all last year, and now we are sponsoring four players I feel this is an issue.

I did suggest a while back with the issue of different board styles to suit the likes of the saintsational members...

I believe saintsational has really helped with the likes of the different board styles and I really don't know too many other forums that cater for the needs for their members.

I hope some resolution will take place shortly and hope my idea of the different board styles with different banners happens so it pleases most.

Again, it has to happen next year as nothing eventuated this year

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
n1ck wrote:Thats one of the challenges in logistics that we would have to cover before we set anything up.
Just an idea.....are you/the mods planning on discussing these new ideas re forum layout with the masses (ie us), or just implementing the changes?

Might be a good opportunity to review what is/isn't working all together....no doubt you have that in mind also.

Cheers.
Yes we are..but it will be a far more streamlined process than last year. Once everyone has shaken off their Xmas/NYE hangovers, the following shall happen..

1. We will call for designs for new SS banner/s incorporating the new sponsors. There will be strictly enforced deadline for these, Batye will advise you what format, size etc they have to be.

2. There will be a poll on the most popular new banner/s.This again will be to a strict deadline.

3. Once we have the new banner, we now have battye to work his magic to get them uploaded to the site server. Last year we were relying on info from Damien, who has other committments these days. Battye will also be able to work out if we can use different banners depending on which style you use on your PC.

4. Job done (hopefully well before the season gets underway!!)

Fear not SP, we will leave rushing through these things without due process to your mates in the Liberal Party (Sorry..couldnt resist knocking that juicy half-volley through the covers for four ;-))

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
battye
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Raph Clarke
Jack Steven
Nick Heyne
Ross Tungatalum
Yep,

and the ability of three of four different board styles, I am sure that most, if not all would be please.

It will just take battye to design the suggestions put forward already IMO.

I know battye is busy, but this banner did not happen at all last year, and now we are sponsoring four players I feel this is an issue.

I did suggest a while back with the issue of different board styles to suit the likes of the saintsational members...

I believe saintsational has really helped with the likes of the different board styles and I really don't know too many other forums that cater for the needs for their members.

I hope some resolution will take place shortly and hope my idea of the different board styles with different banners happens so it pleases most.

Again, it has to happen next year as nothing eventuated this year
At the moment there is a list of things that I'm working through. Those with the top priorities are getting a new front page set up and re-organising the Saintsational Web section; once they are done getting the stickies and the normal topics differentiated and looking at altering the logo (the logo could get bumped up depending on when the sponsorship programme is complete)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD