trevor sprigg passes away

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

trevor sprigg passes away

the name may mean little to those outside wa but trevor sprigg compared & did the auctions at most of our pre/after game functions over the past 10 yrs...done a terrific job upfront & was a great bloke behind the scenes

geez ya never know whats around the corner

loriswa
Club Player

Yes Rog, so shocked to hear about his death this morning. He was a great compere of Western Saints Functions....really was able to ramp up the auction items to put extra $$$$$ in the Saints coffers.

By all account he just returned from a holiday in Qld last night & had a heat attack this morning.

Vale Spriggsy

saintm
Club Player

Re: trevor sprigg passes away

rogerwa wrote:the name may mean little to those outside wa but trevor sprigg compared & did the auctions at most of our pre/after game functions over the past 10 yrs...done a terrific job upfront & was a great bloke behind the scenesgeez ya never know whats around the corner
There is also a Tasmanian football identity by the name of Trevor Sprigg and I am thinking that this is probably the same person.

There was a discussion regarding John Bingley on here last week and Trevor Sprigg would have played and I think coached Glenorchy in the Tasmanian Football League (TFL) around the same time that John Bingley was at Clarence.  He won a William Leitch medal (TFL Best & Fairest) and played for Tasmania.

While his name is still often discussed he was a bit before my time so I only know vaguely of his Tasmanian history and not a lot on the rest of his career.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

I too was saddened when I heard of his passing. I only spoke to him briefly on a few occassions at the Western Saints functions but seemed to be a really nice bloke. I know he was able to get top dollar for all auction items. Very sorry to hear the news.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

your correct saintm..he did play & coach in tassie

loriswa
Club Player

Didn't he play also for one of the Fremantle teams in the WAFL......over 100 odd games? And I think he was a selector at the Eagles in their early years.

He had been a part-time sports commentator on ABC radio & TV for many years. And was currently a state politican (Libs) at the time of his death.

So sad and unjust when energetic, and genuinely nice people die early in life when they are such givers of their time to public areas.