We miss you Schneiderman - Boo Hoo ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BelfastSaint
Club Player

We miss you Schneiderman - Boo Hoo ...

From the Swans forum ...

I just saw him play for the Saints and how good is he?! I mean, we always knew he was a gun of a player but I'm thinking he's even better than what we gave him credit for.
I guess we're repaying St. Kilda for giving us players such as Hall and Plugger.

We shall miss the SchneiderMan!

PS I hope we still do make him feel welcome at our next home game.

http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/show ... hp?t=23983

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We didn't "give" those parasities any players, the AFl bought them for them.

Nice to see that Sydney is on the outer with Dementriou. Remember he vindictive things Dementriou and his monkey did when Thomas was on the outer with him.

Fixing games, umpires getting caught bragging about the fix and getting away scott free, changing results of games, giving us 11 6 day breaks, letting Barry Hall off for assaulting Goose so they could win the flag ect etc etc.

Hopefully Sydney cop the full treatment this season. Pampered idiots.

Suck it up parasite clowns.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

And remember we also got Dempster as well.

We got two Premiership players for pick 26(Brett Meredith).

Apu
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:And remember we also got Dempster as well.

It was worth pick 26 for Schnieder alone IMO, He was excellent last night. Dempster is just a bonus. Overall Im very happy with that trade.
Add that to King/Gardiner for pick 96 and Birss/Gardiner for 3rd round draft pick last year and we are looking pretty good for trading :)

Club Player

joffaboy wrote:We didn't "give" those parasities any players, the AFl bought them for them.

Nice to see that Sydney is on the outer with Dementriou. Remember he vindictive things Dementriou and his monkey did when Thomas was on the outer with him.

Fixing games, umpires getting caught bragging about the fix and getting away scott free, changing results of games, giving us 11 6 day breaks, letting Barry Hall off for assaulting Goose so they could win the flag ect etc etc.

Comments fully supported. All TRUE. The Swans are the AFL Commission's love-child. No wonder Vic clubs are doing it hard.

we exist on a brane - thank f*** for StK
esaint66
SS Life Member

Apu wrote:
LTN16 wrote:And remember we also got Dempster as well.

It was worth pick 26 for Schnieder alone IMO, He was excellent last night. Dempster is just a bonus. Overall Im very happy with that trade.
Add that to King/Gardiner for pick 96 and Birss/Gardiner for 3rd round draft pick last year and we are looking pretty good for trading :)

just out of curiousity who did those sides get from those picks?

i've loved all those players we've picked up even when they where playing for their other sides just glad to have them on board :D

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

yes, the rousing applause for adam at family day was a positive.obviously the supporters noticed how hard he worked last night. And i welcome him in open arms.

Go saints in '09!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Fixing games, umpires getting caught bragging about the fix and getting away scott free, changing results of games, giving us 11 6 day breaks, letting Barry Hall off for assaulting Goose so they could win the flag ect etc etc.

Let's go back to the old VFL, who needs multi million dollar profits and the best run comp in the Australia!

...whoops, just had a plugger episode!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I think the Sydney trade is better looked at with them trading Schneider and Dempster for Mattner, and a 2nd round upgrade.

Schneider vs Mattner was probably a good trade considering the range of midfield/forward youngsters coming through for them, and their need for a Mattner type player.

Dempster vs 2nd Round upgrade (from Pick 28 to Pick 26) is quite debatable, Dempster is reportedly a utility type player, can play back, mid, and play run with roles well. If he was to be delisted anyway, Swans did okay.

If you look at it as "Schneider and Dempster vs Meredith" then it's going to look bad for the swans unless this guy becomes a star.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Rate Schnieds very highly, but we are far from even for them stealing Lockett, we haven't even gotten to Hall yet. :roll:

Good to hear they are hurting, though. Makes up for that comment I heard a little kid make after the '05 Prelim "its good to see so many sad Saints, isn't it?" :evil:

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Great to have another truly cool and creative playmaker in the midfield. Very canny and with good skills and poise....can't believe that trade...why did they let him go???

Nee!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

We most likely wouldnt have Dal Santo if we didnt trade Hall.

Before Im 85
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

And Dal is a nice, upstanding guy, whereas Hall is an embarassment to the gene pool.

But still..........................

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I remember at trade time last year when Schneider's name came up. My old man said he would not hesitate to give up pick 9 alone for him.

Not sure I would have been so happy, but yeah, pick 26 for Schneider plus another guy who should play a fair bit of senior footy is stil something I can't quite comprehend. (In a good way)

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Schneiderman's game in the GF was a real eye opener.

He is exactly the type of player that we have been missing.

When we first secured him...I thought great we now have another reliable small forward option.

However RL obviously saw much much more in him...and wanted him to play more midfield time.

The NAB games have revealed that the Schneiderman is going to be a creative and attacking midfield/half forward for us.

One who cannot only link and create goals for others but who can finish them off as well.

We sarely lacked this type of player and he is the perfect complement to our existing midfield mix.

He was very cheap at pick 26...even without Dempster.

I think that there is ever chance that in future years that people are going to look back on last years trading (Scneider, Dempster, King and Charlie all for effectively on pick 26) by the Saints as having been truly remarkable.

It may not quite be up there with Norths breathtaking use of the shortlived 10 year free agency rule.....but it is ceratainly shaping as won of the best recruiting coups ever.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Schneiderman's game in the GF was a real eye opener.

He is exactly the type of player that we have been missing.

When we first secured him...I thought great we now have another reliable small forward option.

However RL obviously saw much much more in him...and wanted him to play more midfield time.

The NAB games have revealed that the Schneiderman is going to be a creative and attacking midfield/half forward for us.

One who cannot only link and create goals for others but who can finish them off as well.

We sarely lacked this type of player and he is the perfect complement to our existing midfield mix.

He was very cheap at pick 26...even without Dempster.

I think that there is ever chance that in future years that people are going to look back on last years trading (Scneider, Dempster, King and Charlie all for effectively on pick 26) by the Saints as having been truly remarkable.

It may not quite be up there with Norths breathtaking use of the shortlived 10 year free agency rule.....but it is ceratainly shaping as won of the best recruiting coups ever.
We also saw RL's use of Dal in a similar role during the Essendon game so I would not be surprized if there is a 'rotation' of Dal/Schneider through the middle and HFF during the season.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

To compare him directly to Dal Santo is an interesting one, I believe Schneider is a smarter footballer, and can position himself much better to recieve the ball, but when they get the ball, all bets are off and Dal Santo is clearly ahead. The same could be said about Dal against anyone else in the side, by foot.

savatage
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:To compare him directly to Dal Santo is an interesting one, I believe Schneider is a smarter footballer, and can position himself much better to recieve the ball, but when they get the ball, all bets are off and Dal Santo is clearly ahead. The same could be said about Dal against anyone else in the side, by foot.
Against practically everyone else in the competition too,.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't necessarily comparing Dal with Schneider, just raising the possibility that RL may, at times, position Dal on the HFF and Schneider in the midfield (a swapping of their traditional roles).

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I wasn't necessarily comparing Dal with Schneider, just raising the possibility that RL may, at times, position Dal on the HFF and Schneider in the midfield (a swapping of their traditional roles).
Agree...I think RL quite likes Dal as a finisher and seems to be positioning hm at HFF (and not just to give others more midfield practice)...at will at times rest at HFF rather than on the pine.

He can run and weave beautifully and is now a good running shot at goal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

riccardo wrote: Good to hear they are hurting, though. Makes up for that comment I heard a little kid make after the '05 Prelim "its good to see so many sad Saints, isn't it?" :evil:
I would have kicked the kid and worried about the consequences later.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I don't think that we can be upste about Hall, he never would have been half the player for us, probably would have retired years ago... as for Lockett, we still got his best years :wink: :wink:

On Schneider he is going to be great for us, he's an excitement machine...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

schneider is awesome.. funny how he use to kill us but is now playing for us.. despite him pretty much winning the match in that prelim he's always been one of my fav players out of saints.. 8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

When assessing the value of trades it is always wise to consider the player's remaining life expectancy.

Example: Carlton traded a young draft pick No 4 in Josh Kennedy and a No 3 draft pick.
West Coast will get a full playing career from each of these players.
Carlton on the other hand only gets HALF of Chris Judd.
He has already played 134 games, James Hird played 253, Nathan Buckley 280.
Carlton may get 140 games out of Judd if he does not break down, but they will never get 280. :lol: :lol:

In the case of King and M Gardiner, St Kilda have got a pair of great ruckmen but each will be lucky to deliver 50 games, not 250. At best St Kilda has gained half a ruckman.

In the case of Schneider and Dempster, St Kilda have got about 75% of Dempster and 60% of Schneider.
St Kilda did not get 100% of a second round draft pick but I still think the club has done well. :D :D
Certainly better than giving away pick No 6 for Barry Brooks instead of Steven Salopek. :evil: :evil:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Schneider's performances in the NAB cup must be making a few Sydney people second guess their decision. He's been getting the ball in contested and uncontested situations, he's been using it brilliantly, he's won clearances and kicked goals. You couldn't ask much more of any player, and he's only 23. Sydney's te oldest team in the comp. Getting Mattner wasn't a bad idea, but why trade Schneider? Their kids are going to have to be pretty special to break even on that one.

Hopefully he can sustain his preseason form throughout the season. I couldn't be happier with his play so far.

Yeah nah pleasing positive