Herald Sun Monday 17th - help please from melb people

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hellorocky
Club Player

Herald Sun Monday 17th - help please from melb people

Hi Melbourne people

Yesterday in the Sunday Herald Sun there was a review of the book celebrating 150 years of AFL, by Craig Hutchinson. At the bottom was a bit saying "tomorrow Nicky Winmar" or something like that (can't see it as I am 'working' at the moment :wink: ) Anyway, I got the HS this morning and after a quick look through cannot find the article. Can anyone tell me if it is in today in the Melbourne version of the HS?

If so, I would almost kill for a copy. I am coming to the game on Saturday and will pay handsomely.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Just on Nicky, Dereck Kickett came up last Wednesday and collected the jumper Nicky lifted at Victoria Park. Its going to be displayed in the new hall of fame.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Just on Nicky, Dereck Kickett came up last Wednesday and collected the jumper Nicky lifted at Victoria Park. Its going to be displayed in the new hall of fame.
Our HoF, or the one at the MCG?

I saw the book on sale (already!) at Borders for about $60. The NRLs one is $99! :shock:

Those who don't learn from history, are doomed to pay a high price indeed for it! :wink:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The Melbourne one.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

On the original question, I saw nothing on Nicky in my read through of the Sun this arvo.

I would clip out the article if it was there. :D

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I saw that $60 book at Borders today too. Whats really annoying is that its sealed and theres no unseasled "browse" copy to give you a faint idea of what you are buying!! :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
hellorocky
Club Player

Did anyone else see it in the Sunday HS or did I dream it?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Yeah I saw that $60 book at Borders today too. Whats really annoying is that its sealed and theres no unseasled "browse" copy to give you a faint idea of what you are buying!! :roll:
Exactly right. I thought of asking them to open up a copy, but I thought better of it.

Would be nice if they could, its not exactly a cheap book.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Herald Sun Monday 17th - help please from melb people

hellorocky wrote:

I am coming to the game on Saturday and will pay handsomely.

Hello "hellorocky" don't have what you're looking for at the moment..... but soon I'll be seeing a few more games in Melbourne.. Apropos to our chat when you were in Perth last season I'll be returning permanently to Victoria this year., possibly about July/August.

Still undecided about settling in my place in Wandiligong or living in Melourne for a few more years...... before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

If "it's Wandi you wil be my nearest Saints supporters group. So hopefully i don't have to pay 'handsomely' for trips to see the Saints. I've done that for 11 years now in WA.

Melbourne supporters just don't realise how much it costs to support the Saints when you are country, Interstate or Overseas members. Some only think it's the cost of the membership ticket...they never cost in the train, bus, airfare and accommodation expenses, lpus the disruption to family lives.

PS Donna, a friend was chatting to J P ( Richmond & North Melbourne player) the other day at his hotel in Wodonga and he recalled you asking about me when I worked in CBC Bank and played with him all those years ago in the 1960's :roll: :lol:

I'll be looking forward to catch up with you and eventually JP when I finally return to that "God's Own Acre" area in NE Victoria. I just hope the 'trout' are jumping in Morses Creek at Wandi :P :P :P

hellorocky
Club Player

Hi Loris

I'm sure if you decide that Wandiligong will be your home for a while you will have no trouble finding fellow Saints. We have many regulars attend games from Bright, Mt Beauty and Myrtleford etc.

Paying 'handsomely' and with regular late nights getting back home in the rain, cold and fog at 3 or 4 am. Just think, you may be able to join some of us on our regular trips West.

Did your 'friend' mention the Stump had been sold? I actually have the cutting from the local paper that I was going to bring over to you later this year. Sounds like we might catch up over here soon.

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Re: Herald Sun Monday 17th - help please from melb people

hellorocky wrote:Hi Melbourne people

Yesterday in the Sunday Herald Sun there was a review of the book celebrating 150 years of AFL, by Craig Hutchinson. At the bottom was a bit saying "tomorrow Nicky Winmar" or something like that (can't see it as I am 'working' at the moment :wink: ) Anyway, I got the HS this morning and after a quick look through cannot find the article. Can anyone tell me if it is in today in the Melbourne version of the HS?

If so, I would almost kill for a copy. I am coming to the game on Saturday and will pay handsomely.
saw 150 year column in HERALD SUN today about one plugger lockett - next article to be about Nicky Winmar and the lifting of that jumper!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
hellorocky
Club Player

Thankyou - I was beginning to think I had lost the plot completely.

Sounds like pot luck when Nicky will get in but hopefully soon.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Was about to post the same thing.

I will be getting a copy of that definatelty tomorrow!