THE SW-AINTS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

THE SW-AINTS

"SYDNEY SWANS’ coach Paul Roos says when Ross Lyon departed the Harbour City for his new post at the helm of the Saints, he took one vital piece of documentation with him – The Sydney Swans’ game plan book.

“I’ve never seen his game plan book but he’s got mine,â€

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

just because he has it doesn't mean he uses it. I'd take anyones play book if it gives you an advantage.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

There's no doubt Ross Lyon is inspired by negative, defensive tactics.

Our playing group has been shaped on attacking, winning values.

We should be playing an attacking brand of football, but with a distinctly aggressive approach in our back half.

Instead, we have confused players, a game plan stuck in 2005 and a raft of individuals who seldom perform to their collective best.

It's a massive concern and the free run given to Ross Lyon - and forward coach John Barker - needs to cease.

We've got massive issues. The player-led tactical revolt that occured midway through last year may need to be revived.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We definately need to be innovative over the next month or so. Riewoldt to a wing, Gram to HFF, Kosi to CHB are just a few ideas !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: The player-led tactical revolt that occured midway through last year may need to be revived.

?????
What player led tactical revolt?

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
evertonfc wrote: The player-led tactical revolt that occured midway through last year may need to be revived.

?????
What player led tactical revolt?
Probably referring to when the players started doing what the coach wanted them to do on the field.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:There's no doubt Ross Lyon is inspired by negative, defensive tactics.
Yup.

We play to make the opponent score less then us, rather then for us to score more then them.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:We definately need to be innovative over the next month or so. Riewoldt to a wing, Gram to HFF, Kosi to CHB are just a few ideas !!
maybe in the Scorps !!! Gram is too soft to play for this club !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Eastern wrote:We definately need to be innovative over the next month or so. Riewoldt to a wing, Gram to HFF, Kosi to CHB are just a few ideas !!
\

He was in our best 3 last week.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
\

He was in our best 3 last week.
thats CRAP !!!
he was writen in our best 3 by the Media cause they are lazy and only look at the stats not the game its self
Gram may have got 20+ possessions and people will say thats a good game but its not a good game when he couldnt lay a tackle didnt apply any pressure on his man & shanked just about every kick . Gram is suposed to be a senior player that the rookies should look up to and base their efforts on ... i hope to god they dont !! i swear i lost count how many times i saw him point at his opponent instead of going to him he would point at him !! im sick of his constant kick and hope passes , his long kicks and rebound out of defence are ment to be his strong points but honestly how many of these long kicks hit a target ? and how often do his rebounds out of defence get turned over and come back in faster then they went out ? sure he got pleanty of possessions but he hardly had a good game ..theres more to footy then getting possessions :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just on that note of grammy being in the best three v port,....who actually picks the best players when i read them in the paper in the morning?
the media do it?
obviously its not the umps (brownlow)
i mean for f**k sake if its the media then some of those twats wouldnt have a friggin clue.