I got banned on Bigfooty for posting this so I have.........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NeXuss
Club Player

I got banned on Bigfooty for posting this so I have.........

modified it slightly.

I know most of you think I am a troll and a lot of you do not believe I am a St.kilda supporter. I assure you I was a member for 25 consecutive years which incidently ended last year. I did not renew my membership and I did not renew the kids memberships either.

Ross Lyon has made us the laughing stock of the AFL. On paper, we have one of the best lists in the AFL. We are at least on par with Collingwood and Footscray with Geelong and Hawthorn the best going around.

I don't place all the blame with Ross Lyon for the decline of our team, but he does have to accept a fair portion of it. Usually, when a new coach comes in he takes over a rabble and has to completely re-build and implement a new game plan. This was not the case when Ross came in. St.kilda were a top side having played 3 consecutive finals series. He should have tweaked the game plan here and there but instead he turned the game plan on its head and now the results are there for all to see.

Ultimately the damage was done when Rod BUTTHEAD sacked Grant Thomas. That simple act destroyed the fabric of our team. Oh how I wish we could get GT back as the senior coach. His rotating captaincy, his leadership groups, his community camps and his overseas training camps were all laughed at back then. Now take a look at how many clubs have adopted all those new initiatives.

Everyone was saying that GT had no plan B. Well guess what, Ross Lyon does not have any game plan at all. The only thing he employs is defencive/accountable Sydney crap which has seen us go from the equal top scoring team to the least scoring team in 12 months. Everyone ridiculed Thomo and constantly said he would not coach St.kilda to a flag. None of this abuse and or ridicule was based on any fact. It was borne out of fear. Nobody wanted St.kilda to win a premiership because everyone was used to St.kilda being crap. That's why we were everyones second favourite team. It scared the s*** out of everyone when they realized that the Saints were a bloody good side.

If we lose to Richmond this week the season is gone and we will not make the top 8. For the sake of our great club we must re-instate GT as our coach, whether he would accept the role is another matter. He may not have been the best coach available at the time, but for some reason he knew how to get our team playing great attacking football. Sometimes it is those intangables that makes great teams.

If there is anyone out there that agrees with me, please contact me via PM. I would love to get a petition going ordering the board to remove Ross Lyon and Re-instate Grant Thomas. Pie in the sky it might be but I refuse to stand idle and watch my club yet again go down the gurgler, and make no mistake, that is exactly where we are going, down the gurgler.

Batnoe

GT had to go, he didnt like ruckmen

Ross will also go if we dont win games, we are still 3 and 3, last year at split round we were 4 and 7, see where we are at midway before you can say we are gone

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: I got banned on Bigfooty for posting this so I have.....

NeXuss wrote:modified it slightly.

I know most of you think I am a troll and a lot of you do not believe I am a St.kilda supporter. I assure you I was a member for 25 consecutive years which incidently ended last year. I did not renew my membership and I did not renew the kids memberships either.

Ross Lyon has made us the laughing stock of the AFL. On paper, we have one of the best lists in the AFL. We are at least on par with Collingwood and Footscray with Geelong and Hawthorn the best going around.

I don't place all the blame with Ross Lyon for the decline of our team, but he does have to accept a fair portion of it. Usually, when a new coach comes in he takes over a rabble and has to completely re-build and implement a new game plan. This was not the case when Ross came in. St.kilda were a top side having played 3 consecutive finals series. He should have tweaked the game plan here and there but instead he turned the game plan on its head and now the results are there for all to see.

Ultimately the damage was done when Rod BUTTHEAD sacked Grant Thomas. That simple act destroyed the fabric of our team. Oh how I wish we could get GT back as the senior coach. His rotating captaincy, his leadership groups, his community camps and his overseas training camps were all laughed at back then. Now take a look at how many clubs have adopted all those new initiatives.

Everyone was saying that GT had no plan B. Well guess what, Ross Lyon does not have any game plan at all. The only thing he employs is defencive/accountable Sydney crap which has seen us go from the equal top scoring team to the least scoring team in 12 months. Everyone ridiculed Thomo and constantly said he would not coach St.kilda to a flag. None of this abuse and or ridicule was based on any fact. It was borne out of fear. Nobody wanted St.kilda to win a premiership because everyone was used to St.kilda being crap. That's why we were everyones second favourite team. It scared the s*** out of everyone when they realized that the Saints were a bloody good side.

If we lose to Richmond this week the season is gone and we will not make the top 8. For the sake of our great club we must re-instate GT as our coach, whether he would accept the role is another matter. He may not have been the best coach available at the time, but for some reason he knew how to get our team playing great attacking football. Sometimes it is those intangables that makes great teams.

If there is anyone out there that agrees with me, please contact me via PM. I would love to get a petition going ordering the board to remove Ross Lyon and Re-instate Grant Thomas. Pie in the sky it might be but I refuse to stand idle and watch my club yet again go down the gurgler, and make no mistake, that is exactly where we are going, down the gurgler.
Lets get Allan Jeans back. GT is gone he will not be asked back and wouldnt come back anyway. Get a petition, get a life. Lets do it the Saints way and sack another coach. We shouldnt have sacked GT and we certainly shouldnt sack RL now.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Re: I got banned on Bigfooty for posting this so I have.....

NeXuss wrote:Ultimately the damage was done when Rod BUTTHEAD sacked Grant Thomas. That simple act destroyed the fabric of our team. Oh how I wish we could get GT back as the senior coach. His rotating captaincy, his leadership groups, his community camps and his overseas training camps were all laughed at back then. Now take a look at how many clubs have adopted all those new initiatives.
Umm..
Which other teams rotate captains every year? :roll:

Grant Thomas didn't invent leadership groups, community camps or overseas training camps...every team did them. That's like saying i use a computer at home, i must have invented it :roll:
NeXuss wrote:Everyone was saying that GT had no plan B. Well guess what, Ross Lyon does not have any game plan at all. The only thing he employs is defencive/accountable Sydney crap which has seen us go from the equal top scoring team to the least scoring team in 12 months. Everyone ridiculed Thomo and constantly said he would not coach St.kilda to a flag. None of this abuse and or ridicule was based on any fact. It was borne out of fear. Nobody wanted St.kilda to win a premiership because everyone was used to St.kilda being crap.
Heres a fact, Thomas had the second longest chance in St Kilda history to win a flag...He Didn't

No troll at all :roll:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

didnt we do this thread?

FFS incoming 10 pager :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
markp
Saintsational Legend

You really do believe that don't you?

Staggering.

Why don't we just declare that it's 1967 again, un-furl the flag and pretend we're reigning premiers too?

Medication time....

bergsone
SS Life Member

maybe blight or watson our record is not great

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

<rodger fox mode>

He's gone. Move on.

<end rodger fox mode>

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

As silly as people think Nexus is, if Ross is hit by a bus or we miss the 8 . . . or both . . . and we are in the market for a coach, GT might actually put his hand up for the job.

Unless we poach an experienced coach there will be plenty of people that would argue his case.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Can we please just put this one to bed...GT ain't coming back, build a bridge! GT only had a crack at THREE straight finals campaigns and we lost ALL of them. You want to support a mediocrity, become a Freo supporter. Granted, we were a great side in 04/05, 06 we were good but not that good. Had we been full-strength it could have been our year, but that's all this debate is...would have, should have, could have.

It's 08 now, other teams have rebuilt, blooded their young players and I think that we just have have to face the fact that although we are still a good side, we might just be that and that only, a good side, not a great side. I just don't think that our team racks up against the current competition heavy weight's. We're a different team now, bruised and battle-scarred and GT and his one-word game strategy isn't going to make any bloody difference.

However, I would love to be proven wrong...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Jeff, if that did happen and we were in the market, I'd reckon the chances of GT returning to the job would be as much as my chance of opening the batting for the Chennai Kings next week in the IPL.

Should it happen, our next coach will be Kevin Sheedy with Denis Pagan as assistant.

They are desperate for a job.

BTW, Ross and the Saints will fight through and out of this trough, IMHO.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
NeXuss
Club Player

Butthead sacking GT changed the course of our club. If we got GT back in 2009 there would still be enough time for him to do a mini rebuild for us to challenge again before Lenny Hayes retires.

If Lyon remains coach we will hang around the fringes of the 8, possibly, for another couple of years then crash big time. By the time we are back as a real challenger it will be 2015.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gold Dan. Where the f**k do you get these pics from?
Nexuss you're a rolled gold pineapple. Cabbage. Watermelon. Whatever.

NeXuss
Club Player

st.byron wrote:

By posting a dumb ar$se photo means I'm rolled does it? Small things amuse small minds obviously.
Last edited by NeXuss on Tue 29 Apr 2008 9:19am, edited 3 times in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

You'd be the expert then Nexuss. Still taken the white out of your jumper have you?

Essendon Muppet!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So are you planning to lodge your petition....before or after the Court Case????

I would imagine suing a potential employer makes it mighty difficult to have meaningful contract negotiations???????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

NeXuss wrote:
st.byron wrote:

By posting a dumb means I'm rolled does it? Small things amuse small minds obviously.

OK Nexus I was wrong. You're a muppet.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:Should it happen, our next coach will be Kevin Sheedy with Denis Pagan as assistant.
Been wondering how long it would be before those 2 names came up.

Don't know about Pagan, but Sheedy's turned down work since being fired because it wasn't the role he wanted. I don't know whether I like the idea or not... but I know that if it worked out it would drive Essendon supporters crazy, and I like that thought

Can just imagine this place up in arms as the media reports swing between Sheedy and Thomas before the Saints eventually settle on Bond to collective cries of "huh?" as we whet our knives once more and take up our positions in the tall grass.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintjake
Club Player

great post NeXuss
im with you 100%

im 16 years old, - i no you'll all disregard what i have to say
thinking im not old enough.

well, i will prove you wrong.
through my 16 years, i have cried with dissapointment.
i have cried with joy.

the 2004 night prem we won.
i lost my voice cheering that night.
i was so bloody happy.

we have a list of gold.
its well balanced.
and we have good depth.
but the game plan does not suit us.

i agree that every team needs to be able to apply pressure and flood here and there
BUT NOT THE WHOLE GAME.
i go to every game i can - barring the sunday arvo ones, due to my own footy,
and i go, with the highest anticipation every week.
thinking, how many goals we are gonna kick, getting up around the 120 mark.
and every game i come away dissapointed, we get 80 ish, the tall fowards dont get a fair go, and the midfilders are asked to play defence.
instead of runnning the lines, and giving it lace out to our GUN! fowards
WE HAVE A DUEL COLMAN MEDALIST down there.
and now i agree he does not chase, and he goes missing here and there.
BUT FOR GOD SAKE HE IS OUT BEST FOWARD WE HAVE.
he is the only one who ever looks likely to kick over 5 goals.
how ofter has the golden boy roo kicked 5 +, not many, now im not doubting his endevour, he bleeds for the club.
but he to goes missing.
how many times has frase kicked 5+ - to many times to count
he is a proven match winner, no doubt about it.

i read the post about how we dont have any on field leaders, and how ross lyon has to hold there hand.
but if he cant do that, then he CANT be the coach, because he cant manage the players correctly.
GT had the respect of the players, undoubtly, they loved him and they played for him.
and he coached for them, coached to our teams strenghts.

i believe we do have on field leadership but it has seemingly gone missing this year.
we have max harvs, and roo who bleed for the club, absolutely give there all.
but then we have players who are to lazy to do that.
and we have players like dal santo, who is not looked after, cops heavy tags, and jsut put in the backline to try and break them.

geelong works hard, AS A UNIT, to help break the taggers off ablett and bartel, we dont do that.
we dont look after eachother.
and its heart breaking to see.

hopefully we can turn it around.
as i no we can.

but we need to play for eachother.
and for the coach.

as one big team,.
play to our strengths.

please.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend