Get Kerr

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Get Kerr

Do the trade find a way to make this happen - the guys 24, kicks goals CAN lay a tackle and would be top 3 mids in the comp.

We need to be fair dinkum about where we are at and with this group we are in nowhere land.

Its gonna be a tough year for picks, sides wont give them up so if we can trade something of value to Eagles for Kerr and keep our highest pick that would be ideal.

This now will also need to be accompanied by a coaching panel/football dept overhaul. 3 key areas are deplorable and have been for us ALL year:

1 Fwd line - long bombs, hasnt functioned
2. Fwd build up - slow,treacle only to then somehow splutter to life? (its like a light bulb goes on...)
3 Midfield - getting smashed at crucial times out of the middle.

Players like Goddard/Dal Santo are required fwd of the football - NOT mopping uo down back so we need to find some defenders.

Key players gone backwards this year:

Kosi - cant blame injuries anymore
Dal Santo - lacks heart
Gilbert - some dreadful errors at crucial times.....does he belive hes already "made it"?
Sneider - not enough from him this year
Raph - again
Fiora - not up to it again
X - injury prone

and so it goes....its stuff deep down we all know and dont like saying with the lights off....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I disagree on this. Before tonight I would have agreed but lets face it we are not going to win a flag in the next 3-5 years so we need to build from the ground up. Time to trade for young picks and hope to get the right players. Having said all that Kerr is a great player but will come as cheap as Didak so maybe he is a better option.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep see if Ross can crush Kerr's talent as well as the others.

face it the list has carried ross to the wins we have had, not the other way around.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Ross "the career killer" Lyon

Gherig, Gilbert, Dal Santo, why not add Kerr to that list

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I disagree on this. Before tonight I would have agreed but lets face it we are not going to win a flag in the next 3-5 years so we need to build from the ground up. Time to trade for young picks and hope to get the right players. Having said all that Kerr is a great player but will come as cheap as Didak so maybe he is a better option.
Your not gonna trade everyone and get a team of kids in an environment where clubs will be loath to lose early picks with a new club coming into the league.

Some very shrewd recruiting is needed and we need to complement this with talent that is young enough to step in - Kerr fits that bill.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I disagree on this. Before tonight I would have agreed but lets face it we are not going to win a flag in the next 3-5 years so we need to build from the ground up. Time to trade for young picks and hope to get the right players. Having said all that Kerr is a great player but will come as cheap as Didak so maybe he is a better option.
Your not gonna trade everyone and get a team of kids in an environment where clubs will be loath to lose early picks with a new club coming into the league.

Some very shrewd recruiting is needed and we need to complement this with talent that is young enough to step in - Kerr fits that bill.
Fair enough but giving picks away for him could set us back even more.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

if he can't get the best out of the list he has available what makes you think he can get the best out of other players?

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

who said anything bout picks>?

You gotta give quality to get.....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Kosi? Now that is a good swap for us.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:

if he can't get the best out of the list he has available what makes you think he can get the best out of other players?
Once again simple man Dan...its ALL coach isnt it Dan....I mean Dal Santo 1 posession to half time is ALL coach.

Your an imbecile.

“Yeah….nah””
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Once again simple man Dan...its ALL coach isnt it Dan....I mean Dal Santo 1 posession to half time is ALL coach.

Your an imbecile.
you don't answer the question because you know ROss isn't getting the best out of the players.

changing the players won't help the team if ross still fails to get the best out of players.

call folks names but the past 2 years off Ross has been crippling.

Ross has been carried by the talent. His jobs for the mates program with barker has been a joke as well.

SHUT UP KRIME!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Your an imbecile.
you don't answer the question because you know ROss isn't getting the best out of the players.

changing the players won't help the team if ross still fails to get the best out of players.

Ross has been carried by the talent. His jobs for the mates program with barker has been a joke as well.
SO on training nights Ross opens the game plan book and clears throat.
"Right this week I want you all to practise, marking the ball, standing still, and all you players forward of the ball make like trees."
Get over it DW

Seeya
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

well he certainly doesn't tell them to play daring, attacking, instinctive, free flowing football....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Your an imbecile.

No I dont answer YOUR question cause you only have 1 answer for everything - SACK THE COACH.

Sorry to break it you nuffy but while the coaching dept needs review we have WEAK and INEPT front runners running out and pretending to be superstars.

In a game where a club/AFL legend says his time is over that is NOT acceptable - the PLAYER intensity shown in qtr 1 and 2 was an indictment on our colors.

But you happily dismiss that as all "Coaches fault"

Your simplistic.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Eagles need a tall fwd but we also have other options aside from Kosi...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Eagles need a tall fwd but we also have other options aside from Kosi...
Who?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kerr would not come to St.Kilda......

Why would he want to play in a side coached by an R-Tard!

he likes to attack.......not what we need....

I reckon Ross will go for...Michael Ablett or Nic Fosdike...

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:well he certainly doesn't tell them to play daring, attacking, instinctive, free flowing football....
Know that for a fact do you?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

The team has carried Ross Lyon.

and yes, sack the coach, we will go further and further into the mire with Lyon coaching.

the longer he is at the club, the deeper the damage.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:The team has carried Ross Lyon.

and yes, sack the coach, we will go further and further into the mire with Lyon coaching.

yeah yeah....sack another coach...

Next please... :roll:

Whoe the replacement genius??? :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

GT, Stan Alves or Ken Sheldon and if they are no good get RL back.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote: if he can't get the best out of the list he has available what makes you think he can get the best out of other players?
Who's to say that he isn't? Our list falls way a fair bit after your top 10 players. We don't look so good without Gtrain, Hamill, Voss, Goose, Black, Aussie, young Harvey... do we?

Joey, Gilbo, CJ, Gwilt, Eddy, Firoa, all GOP's.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Maybe you could step in as caretaker Plugger? assisted by the Marto with foot massages by Dan?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Maybe you could step in as caretaker Plugger? assisted by the Marto with foot massages by Dan?
No Id rather keep RL. If we sack another coach I will give up.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

:lol: There's always Graeme Gellie, or Tony Jewell :lol: