The Seaford Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

Solar wrote:just a couple of thoughts

there were only ever two options in the past 6-12 months, that was casey or frankston. We went for frankston because they offered a freehold piece of land. This fell through and they insteed offered to put more money up front into the construction of the seaford training facility. We have had this discussion re: the advantages of a land assest (worth only what it can be sold for or use as an asset for lending purposes), so it was still a good income as long as the club keeps the costs down.

On the pokies issue, AOK I get your view but it ignores the situation at the time. When the linton street plan was developed the loan was going to rely on a certain amount of pokie income. Once the council decided that a certain amount of pokies would have to go (despite the fact that extra pokie machines went up the road to the sandbelt... hmmm politics..) the linot street development would always fail. Perhaps if the council and club were on better terms they might have developed another income stream which would create a better outcome. Yet remember such situations as when a certain council member brought the press to a protest in the moorabin reserve over the loss of important parkland (it's a bloody car park!!).

There are positives and negatives for the seaford decision. Yes its further away from the city but I'm not sure why that effects the players? jump on one of the freeways and your there in no time. It is being developed in what is seen as a area of population increase. The facilities sound like they will be top notch and the amount of our outlay is in our hands.

The hysteria on here is a little over the top.
The advantage of a land asset evaporated when we (correctly) abandoned the Frankston Park option. Given that the land bonus disappeared, the logical point to go back to would have been consideration of options prior to making a decision influenced by the land issue (November 2007). Of course you would now add in the new option of Belvedere Park to the previous options of Casey Fields and Linton Street. Very quickly you would drop Casey Fields, as by now (September 2008) it has disappeared as an option.

So, there is an $11 million facility to build, and poker machines are not an issue (given they aren’t a consideration at Belvedere Park).

Contributions of $6 million from the AFL/State Government are guaranteed.

The question is, how do you fund the balance of $5 million?

At BP, Frankston Council says it will put in $3 million. ST KFC is to fund $1.43 million plus all additional costs (that seems to = $2 million at least!)

At Linton Street, if Kingston Council was prepared to put in $3 million, we would be miles ahead because:

• we would control a very large site (we have the lease already over a huge reserve area)
• the oval and other infrastructure already exists (not the grandstand which is being removed courtesy of other arrangements)
• we maintain our existing base (certainly a consideration if everything else is equal), although a counter argument could be that we could retain existing Moorabbin supporters and tap into a new supporter area)
• we keep the social club facility, with some gaming revenue (which can be upgraded if the gaming revenue can justify CapEx) – we will lose the gaming revenue when we have to surrender the lease if we move out.

The big question is – would Kingston Council put in $3 million? Perhaps they would if part of the deal involved a reduction in the number of gaming machines (I would question whether the current facility derives optimum return from the 83 gaming machines deployed there). I’m not sure what the new rules do, but I’m sure I saw a reference to the ability to “sellâ€

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Casey Scorp, the only thing that I have to base that on is that AF says that this has officially been signed off on as stated in the thread i posted earlier (on page 4 of this thread). Now obviously I know we've heard it all b4 but 2010 isn't years away, however, your point is duly noted.

The bottomline regarding CF is quite clearly that the club felt it needed to grow in its own area... we've got links and an existing supporter base as well as a growing population here. At CF (which I've got nothing against) we don't have the base.

You're right, $1.49million is not SFA but it's substantially cheaper than anything else on offer... the next best offer is at least double that. As far as the proposal of KC chipping in $3m... forget it... they won't let us move a bunch of poker machines up the road and are forever trying to call dankiest looking car park... park land. The guys don't want us there and have done nothing but throw spanners in the work since day 1.

I'd also like to point out that AFL and state gov funding are not guaranteed anywhere... they're guaranteed in places that (this is my opinion) the AFL wants representation, the state gov wants to improve. IMO this is why most places towards the city are out. And also why I believe that Moorabbin, CF and Frankston are the only realistic options that tick all boxes.

Barks
barks4eva wrote: Don't you mean ONE CEO!
I do believe that the Saints had mediation with the council to no avail
barks4eva wrote: Then you'd tend to believe anything IMO, the board had an agenda for Frankston a long time ago, I have no doubt other options closer to St.kilda were never entertained or canvassed by the current board and Gdanksi!
WHY!!!??? What do you base this is on? What is the logic in it??
Hey guys well we can't work with Moorabbin but despite the potential of going to Junction oval, Brighton, Elsternwick, Albert park... I for no apparent reason suggest we say to hell with all of that and go to Frankston... can I get a wooooooooooh Frankston

You cannot make these generalising comments w/o even a shred of evidence to back them up
barks4eva wrote: Butterss was given the boot before he could either keep the club at Moorabbin or locate it closer to St.Kilda!
Butters had FIVE years and GOT NOWEHRE. He did nothing. His proposal was to stay at Moorabbin and that was going nowhere. When Butters was voted out, he was no closer to establishing the rebuilding of Moorabbin or the move to anywhere else... we never got past the blue prints stage.
barks4eva wrote: Perhaps I'll ask Archie for any official documents proving that the board did look at this as an option, any government documents rejecting this proposal and anything else that affirms this, other than the spin that come's from Archie's mouth!
so you acknowledge that you have NO EVIDENCE AT ALL of the claims you make.
barks4eva wrote: I also have no doubt that the St.Kilda board cannot produce any evidence whatsoever to back up any claim that they'd already looked into it!
Again, what do you base this on??? What do they have to gain from not exploring options
barks4eva wrote: They wanted Frankston pure and simple, because they believe, incorrectly IMO, that this is a strategic move!
Why do you believe it's incorrect. Is it the 11m faciality we're getting for 1.49m or whatever, the cooperative council, the projected finish date, the SE market to ourselves?? What??? What is it that's incorrect?
barks4eva wrote: Bottomline they've got the blinker's on and this was the option they preferred, and IMO the option they preferred ahead of staying at Moorabbin, hence why negotiations went awol with the Kingston council to begin with!
The negotiations with Moorabbin stalhed well b4 AF came on board. This has been in the works since bloody 2001. They pulled the pin in 2006-7 approx 5 years after it went nowhere. Of course it's the option they preferred, because it appears to be the option that's actually getting us somewhere.
Are you suggesting that the club sabotagued relations with KC due to a plan made 4-5 years ago to move to Frankston??? Rather than just go they stuufed around for 5 years?
barks4eva wrote: Can anyone tell me exactly how many pokie machines the club will be having in Seaford?
No idea - i would imagine that because it's such a sticking point with KC that they've agreed on a number.

Barks, I'm begging you to respond to my post with a little bit of substance. A little evidence for your claims. I really really can't see your logic and I don't think it's me.[/quote]

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
barks4eva wrote: Don't you mean ONE CEO!
I do believe that the Saints had mediation with the council to no avail
barks4eva wrote: Then you'd tend to believe anything IMO, the board had an agenda for Frankston a long time ago, I have no doubt other options closer to St.kilda were never entertained or canvassed by the current board and Gdanksi!
WHY!!!??? What do you base this is on? What is the logic in it??
Hey guys well we can't work with Moorabbin but despite the potential of going to Junction oval, Brighton, Elsternwick, Albert park... I for no apparent reason suggest we say to hell with all of that and go to Frankston... can I get a wooooooooooh Frankston

You cannot make these generalising comments w/o even a shred of evidence to back them up
barks4eva wrote: Butterss was given the boot before he could either keep the club at Moorabbin or locate it closer to St.Kilda!
Butters had FIVE years and GOT NOWEHRE. He did nothing. His proposal was to stay at Moorabbin and that was going nowhere. When Butters was voted out, he was no closer to establishing the rebuilding of Moorabbin or the move to anywhere else... we never got past the blue prints stage.
barks4eva wrote: Perhaps I'll ask Archie for any official documents proving that the board did look at this as an option, any government documents rejecting this proposal and anything else that affirms this, other than the spin that come's from Archie's mouth!
so you acknowledge that you have NO EVIDENCE AT ALL of the claims you make.
barks4eva wrote: I also have no doubt that the St.Kilda board cannot produce any evidence whatsoever to back up any claim that they'd already looked into it!
Again, what do you base this on??? What do they have to gain from not exploring options
barks4eva wrote: They wanted Frankston pure and simple, because they believe, incorrectly IMO, that this is a strategic move!
Why do you believe it's incorrect. Is it the 11m faciality we're getting for 1.49m or whatever, the cooperative council, the projected finish date, the SE market to ourselves?? What??? What is it that's incorrect?
barks4eva wrote: Bottomline they've got the blinker's on and this was the option they preferred, and IMO the option they preferred ahead of staying at Moorabbin, hence why negotiations went awol with the Kingston council to begin with!
The negotiations with Moorabbin stalhed well b4 AF came on board. This has been in the works since bloody 2001. They pulled the pin in 2006-7 approx 5 years after it went nowhere. Of course it's the option they preferred, because it appears to be the option that's actually getting us somewhere.
Are you suggesting that the club sabotagued relations with KC due to a plan made 4-5 years ago to move to Frankston??? Rather than just go they stuufed around for 5 years?
barks4eva wrote: Can anyone tell me exactly how many pokie machines the club will be having in Seaford?
No idea - i would imagine that because it's such a sticking point with KC that they've agreed on a number.

Barks, I'm begging you to respond to my post with a little bit of substance. A little evidence for your claims. I really really can't see your logic and I don't think it's me.
For starters, the reason we are not building a training facility at Moorabbin was because, according to AF, we cannot have another 8 pokie machines or whatever!

I am led to believe that the Seaford site will have NO pokie machines, GO FIGURE!

Have the football club held the Frankston council to ransom demanding extra pokie machines, as was done with the Kingston council?

I am led to believe that pokies machines at the Seaford site is not even a consideration!

Seriously the new board believe that moving the club to Frankston = Seaford, is a strategic move and is a better option than locating it closer to St kilda, this is their agenda, I suspect driven initially by Gdanski.
They prefer this rather than locating the club closer to St kilda and the city centre!

Do you seriously reckon the current board, Gdanski or AF can produce one shred of evidence to prove to the members, that options closer to St kilda such as Elsernwick Park were rejected by the state government and local council?

Do you seriously believe this?

They the current board and AF, have no evidence to back up their/his claims, of this I have no doubt whatsoever!

Did the current board investigate options of moving closer to St kilda?

Considering their announcement came that the club was relocating to Frankston after they'd be in about 5 minutes, you really don't need to be Einstein here, it would be safe to assume that no serious consideration was given for any other alternative and a decision had already been made long before they won the ballot!

What was Gdanki's and Fraser's role in this, well considering that they remained on the board and employed by the club, through the transition, GO FIGURE!

Considering the initial deal fell through with Frankston and the board's immediate response was to go hunting for any vacant lot in the Frankston area, GO FIGURE!

Getting back to my first point, we were told that the Kingston council is being unreasonable in not allowing another 8 ( ? ) pokie machines, so we cannot build a training facility at Moorabbin!

SO why are we building one at Seaford when there are NO pokie machines as part of this proposal, to create any sticking points with Frankston council, to begin with??????????

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: SO why are we building one at Seaford when there are NO pokie machines as part of this proposal, to create any sticking points with Frankston council, to begin with??????????
A couple of cut and paste Q&As from the Ask Archie site on Saints Central B4. I think Archie covers the ground with regard to your query.
Archie,

this was posted onto saintsational by grumpyone

i was wondering if you could answer this, as it appears from the outside to be reasonable questions.

"An elite training facility is only elite if its kept up to date. Where will the money come from to do that in the future? Do we have to keep shelling out our hard-earned on someone else's property?

We turned down Moorabbin on the basis of 8 pokies. We would have got freehold there.

We turned down Casey Fields because Frankston offered us freehold.

We now end up at Seaford with no freehold.

We have been dudded big time. No coincidence this was announced during the euphoria of our finals campaign. The club was hoping no one would notice.

This smells like ****; looks like ****; and we are up to our necks in it, waiting to be told to do handstands."

First of all, let me clarify that the announcement was made in the same week that council approved our move. We wanted to tell our supporters the news right away and did not delay in making the announcement, so this cynicism is unfounded.

The new Board was elected with the objective of putting footy first. They have pledged for constant reinvestment in football which has been reflected with more than $1 million invested in our Football Department over the past 12 months. This theme of constant reinvestment will be applied to our state of the art elite training facility in Frankston and the Board and my executive are committed to ensuring the St Kilda Football Club remains world class.

We pursued this opportunity in Frankston because it gave us the freedom and flexibility to build this vision from the ground up. We have a blank canvas to work from and the beauty of it is we are only contributing $1.43m to what is overall an $11m project!

After reading this post from ‘grumpyone’, I see this member lives up to his or her nickname!

Go Saints!
Archie

Thank you Archie for your flattering comments about me on the "Asset freehold at Seaford?" question.

Both the Linton St and Frankston Park proposals delivered freehold assets to our club. Belvedere Park does not. A stated reason why we choose Frankston over Casey Fields was the availability of a freehold asset. What were the financial advantages of the move to Belvedere that outweighed the previous preference for freehold property?

I feel like I’ve answered this a few times but happy to go again! The long term financial advantages to Belvedere Park are significant – namely the Frankston Park ended up $5.5m more than budgeted . This was due to the costs of widening of the oval the requirement to move underground sewerage pipes and the difficulty of the site. Our new home at Belvedere Park secures our long term home in Melbourne and delivers us an elite training and administration facility – a facility that we believe will help our playing group perform at their peak on the field. Yes, at Frankston Park we originally secured an asset and a lesser cash contribution, but now we have a 50 year lease on the site a higher cash contribution from council and the completed building will be an asset on our books. You cant have it both ways, it was either land and less cash or no land and more cash, which results in less debt for the Club. If we decide to buy an asset with that cash we can still do so - I hope that is clear.

We’re proud of the progress we’ve made on this move that will secure the long term supporter base in this area and are excited about the opportunities that lie ahead.

Go Saints!
Archie
GT, RB, and their cohorts are now gone B4. Let's move on.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

This is about the most sensible post I've seen you make on the topic, so credit where credits due and I thank you for your prompt response. I still have a few questions though
barks4eva wrote: For starters, the reason we are not building a training facility at Moorabbin was because, according to AF, we cannot have another 8 pokie machines or whatever!

I am led to believe that the Seaford site will have NO pokie machines, GO FIGURE!
I may well be wrong but aren't we just moving the training facilities??? Won't our current lot of poker machines still be at Moorabbin and won't our social club remain there for the forseeable future?
Don't we still have like a 40ish year odd lease provided we maintain the oval which I believe we are doing?
barks4eva wrote: Have the football club held the Frankston council to ransom demanding extra pokie machines, as was done with the Kingston council?

I am led to believe that pokies machines at the Seaford site is not even a consideration!
Does it need to be?
barks4eva wrote: Seriously the new board believe that moving the club to Frankston = Seaford, is a strategic move and is a better option than locating it closer to St kilda, this is their agenda, I suspect driven initially by Gdanski.
They prefer this rather than locating the club closer to St kilda and the city centre!
I just don't get why you think there was an agenda
barks4eva wrote: Do you seriously reckon the current board, Gdanski or AF can produce one shred of evidence to prove to the members, that options closer to St kilda such as Elsernwick Park were rejected by the state government and local council?

Do you seriously believe this?

They the current board and AF, have no evidence to back up their/his claims, of this I have no doubt whatsoever!
If you're right, then that's disgraceful but you can't produce any evidence of your claim. Why should I take your word over that of AF when he says they have.
barks4eva wrote: Did the current board investigate options of moving closer to St kilda?

Considering their announcement came that the club was relocating to Frankston after they'd be in about 5 minutes, you really don't need to be Einstein here, it would be safe to assume that no serious consideration was given for any other alternative and a decision had already been made long before they won the ballot!

What was Gdanki's and Fraser's role in this, well considering that they remained on the board and employed by the club, through the transition, GO FIGURE!
The exact timeline escapes me but didn't the club spend a period of months searching for the best offer around??? I remember Monash and Casey Fields were the initial favorites with Frankston being (seemingly) a late interest as well

Now I'll ask if any other forumites recall this
barks4eva wrote: Considering the initial deal fell through with Frankston and the board's immediate response was to go hunting for any vacant lot in the Frankston area, GO FIGURE!
My bet would be that it was by far the best offer in the SE area

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: The exact timeline escapes me but didn't the club spend a period of months searching for the best offer around??? I remember Monash and Casey Fields were the initial favorites with Frankston being (seemingly) a late interest as well.............
My bet would be that it was by far the best offer in the SE area
Exactky Skeptic. The club would certainly have been looking at other options as soon as the Kingston deal fell over. Barks keeps going on about Elsternwick Park, but there's zero evidence to suggest that this would have been an option.
I reckon Archie's explained it quite clearly in his responses to Grumps.
I'm pleased that the board acted as swiftly and decisively as they did. They could have gone on for years exploring options and evaluating possibilities, all the while we'd have been festering down at Linton St. If we're going to have easily accessible, first class facilities that are ours - no sharing with other clubs, by 2010, then bring it on.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Like most others here I'm sick of the crap that the likes of barks4eva has been dishing up here, but for what it's worth here are my thoughts...

1. The decision has been made. No amount of whinging here will change the Board's mind, so GET OVER IT!

2. If you are a St Kilda supporter then you should support the administration as well as the footy team. After all we are one club and unity and harmony is what will contribute to ultimate success. As our motto says, Fortius Quo Fidelius - Strength Through Loyalty. Supporters should be loyal to the club and not constantly s*** can them. Constructive criticism is good, the sort of crap posted here is just that... CRAP!

3. barks4eva - show some respect for one of the greatest footballers St Kilda has ever seen and take the "barks" out of your username. Trevor Barkers name should never be associated with a recalcitrant tossbag like you!

Rant over.

JeffDunne

This comment from AF is really somewhat misleading :
We have a blank canvas to work from and the beauty of it is we are only contributing $1.43m to what is overall an $11m project!
If the initial press releases are correct, any cost blowouts are to funded by the club.

JeffDunne

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:2. If you are a St Kilda supporter then you should support the administration as well as the footy team.
Absolute nonsense.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:2. If you are a St Kilda supporter then you should support the administration as well as the footy team.
Absolute nonsense.
What, so you only support the playing group and not the club as a whole?

casey scorp
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:This comment from AF is really somewhat misleading :
We have a blank canvas to work from and the beauty of it is we are only contributing $1.43m to what is overall an $11m project!
If the initial press releases are correct, any cost blowouts are to funded by the club.
$11.00 million project
-$6.00 million - State/AFL funding
-$3.00 million - Frankston Council funding
-$1.43 million – St KFC funding
$0.57 million shortfall

On basic maths there is a $570,000 shortfall from the funding partners for a $11 million project.

As St KFC’s contribution is $1.43 million plus all additional costs, that is $1.43 million + $570,000 = $2 million.

If in fact it is a $11 million + project (as suggested by the Council’s media release), our responsibility for “all additional costsâ€

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:45am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Like many others I'm proud of the information that the likes of barks4eva has been dishing up here.

1. Those who don't like it - GET OVER IT!

2. If you are a St Kilda supporter then you should support the administration as well as the footy team. By taking an interest and speaking up about issues you feel passionate about you are only helping the club.

3. barks4eva - carry on and ignore the recalcitrant tossbag!
1. Yep, just like we have tried to ignore his constant posts about how good Rix is...

2. Just like we have tried to ignore his constant posts about grabbing Fergus Watts as our number 1 draft pick...

3. Just like we have tried to ignore his "conspiracy theory that the selection of Ross Lyon was compromised ...

Yep b4e "taken an interest and speaking up about issues and has been wrong so many times in the past...

I just take him for the poster he is....*^^*&*(_^%$$

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Like many others I'm proud of the information that the likes of barks4eva has been dishing up here.

1. Those who don't like it - GET OVER IT!

2. If you are a St Kilda supporter then you should support the administration as well as the footy team. By taking an interest and speaking up about issues you feel passionate about you are only helping the club.
!

re 1.....why am i not surprised........he dishes up crap......but each to their own..

..re 2......pardon?????.....t4e support the adminisration...give me a break ffs!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JeffDunne

I'd love to see stinger & St Fid go head-to-head in a debate.

Would be comedy gold.

Maybe we could get Barks to moderate it just to increase the entertainment value? 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I'd love to see stinger & St Fid go head-to-head in a debate.

Would be comedy gold.

Maybe we could get Barks to moderate it just to increase the entertainment value? 8-)
It wouldn't get far mate...

with b4e as a mod, nothing would be posted IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

No doubt B4E will confront AF as he did GT in court...

Then come on here and plead confidentiality as to the discussion. :roll:

Like I said, all pyss and wind... no substance. Likes to talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk.

And never repsonds to people's questions unless they suit HIS agenda. His comments are divise at least, and garbage at worst.

On the one hand, the argument is that we're moving away from the city which is bad... then it's a conspiracy that the current board new about Frankston and made a decision before being elected.

B4E seems to be an expert in putting 2 plus 2 together... and coming up with 3,567 :roll:

If you find his material informative, then good for you.

All I see are hundreds of the same old abusive, conspiracy cr@p.

The truth behind all this lays in your own perceptions of what has happened. Regardless of what AF or anyone else says.

Why people want to pursue this is beyond me. Yes, we are paying members... but FFS we are NOT frickin shareholders.

AFAIAC my membership entitles me to 1 vote, and discounted entry to 11 games.

If they screw up, I'll vote them out. It staggers me that some supporters will allow this to consume so much of their time and energy.

Get out and smell the roses. Life's to short

There endeth the sermon from Pastor Wayne. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Would be comedy gold.

ignore the arsewipe st fid.....these guys have their own mutual masturbation circle......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

different stories from different pple.......i'm told grant told him to piss off just like he did when he tried to enter the coaches box..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Would be comedy gold.

ignore the arsewipe st fid.....these guys have their own mutual masturbation circle......

I now see what you mean....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: :lol:

JeffDunne

Does being under 60 and the ability to get an erection make you part of the "progressive youth"?

I guess to some it probably does.

JeffDunne

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Absolute nonsense.
I support the club as a whole but I don't blindly support individuals that are simply current custodians.

If someone in that position is worthy of praise then I'll give it but you always view them critically. Members have no say over players, coach, etc but we certainly have a say in who's guiding the ship. To not critically view their performance is doing the club a disservice..

JeffDunne

casey scorp wrote:$11.00 million project
-$6.00 million - State/AFL funding
-$3.00 million - Frankston Council funding
-$1.43 million – St KFC funding
$0.57 million shortfall

On basic maths there is a $570,000 shortfall from the funding partners for a $11 million project.
Is the $11M a press release figure or is it the actual cost of the project?

I agree though that the $1.43 seems like a blank cheque commitment given the cost over-runs that projects like this almost always seem to incur.

Maybe that’s what Archie meant by a “blank canvasâ€

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Absolute nonsense.
I support the club as a whole but I don't blindly support individuals that are simply current custodians.

If someone in that position is worthy of praise then I'll give it but you always view them critically. Members have no say over players, coach, etc but we certainly have a say in who's guiding the ship. To not critically view their performance is doing the club a disservice..
So you agree with me then... Read my original post and you will see that I said constructive criticism is good. Its the continual personal attcks on the administration which is unhealthy for the club and completely uncalled for!