cousins grilled by saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Well the media has reported a flaming, as usual I don't believe they were invited to dinner?
Just imagine the bill if Mark Robinson and/or Fatpryk Smith went to dinner :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

bigmicka
Club Player

Did they use the George?

Or the new Hulk Hogan?

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
linz
Club Player

Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:Given the number of benders Ben has been on, if he wasn't so fit he'd be dead by now.
That is a ridiculous statement.
I wish it was!

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Beekay
SS Life Member

linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:Given the number of benders Ben has been on, if he wasn't so fit he'd be dead by now.
I wish it was!

No need to wish... unless you are his shadow and have been by his side for the last couple of years.

AP Erebus
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:imagine what will happen if he doesnt get to us
IF they don't pick him up by choice then I think he will be done at AFL level...

linz
Club Player

Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
I wish it was!

No need to wish... unless you are his shadow and have been by his side for the last couple of years.
You do read the papers sometimes don't you? I don't want to state the obvious but unfortunately Ben Cousins has had a drug addiction which nearly killed him in America. Did you get any news about that? Nimbin does get newspapers doesn't it?

Unfortunataly there have been other incidents as well at breatherlizers involving cars, running, swimming.

I know it's very embarrassing 'cause he might become a Saints player but it's the truth.

He deserves a second maybe third maybe fourth chance but this is his last chance. I hope he has the guts to admit to his addiction and has the guts to overcome it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
I wish it was!

You do read the papers sometimes don't you? I don't want to state the obvious but unfortunately Ben Cousins has had a drug addiction which nearly killed him in America. Did you get any news about that? Nimbin does get newspapers doesn't it?

Unfortunataly there have been other incidents as well at breatherlizers involving cars, running, swimming.

I know it's very embarrassing 'cause he might become a Saints player but it's the truth.

He deserves a second maybe third maybe fourth chance but this is his last chance. I hope he has the guts to admit to his addiction and has the guts to overcome it.
I just hope we draft him and he's a top player for us. end of story right now!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
I wish it was!

Personally my opinion is he's had enough chances.

He turned up on "Intel" material that should have seen the AFL wipe him out for life.

He's not been caught because he's a damned fine runner.... time and time again....

For mine he's a smug little shyte with Ned Kelly's final words tattoo'd across his guts - that to me is as good as worshipping Bandali Debs with that crap IMHFO. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And Bandali Debs killed a mate of mine.

When Debs dies and gives his final words, how will you feel if the next farking superstar of the RWB tattoos his final words across his guts?

Because that's what Such is Life means to me ....

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
I wish it was!

I just hope we draft him and he's a top player for us. end of story right now!
See above

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fair enough Iceman, I can't begrudge your personal loss and respect your take on it 100%

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:fair enough Iceman, I can't begrudge your personal loss and respect your take on it 100%
Sorry pal, just can't stomach the bloke.

I always wish the best for drug addicts and their recovery, but I HAVE been consistent with Benny.

Also, I don't like being told I have to like him because he may well play for us.

Even if he does, I'm just not gonna like him.

Funny because I knew a bit about Gardi too but always liked his attitude when he came here.

linz
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:fair enough Iceman, I can't begrudge your personal loss and respect your take on it 100%

I always wish the best for drug addicts and their recovery, but I HAVE been consistent with Benny.

Also, I don't like being told I have to like him because he may well play for us.

Funny because I knew a bit about Gardi too but always liked his attitude when he came here.
Sympathies Iceman.I went to school with and was a friend of one of the brothers of one of the slain policemen.Small and sometimes sad world.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

Sympathies Iceman.I went to school with and was a friend of one of the brothers of one of the slain policemen.Small and sometimes sad world.
I knew one very well.

Off topic mate, but "Such is Life" is absolute filth to me and people I work with.

And that won't change....

Beekay
SS Life Member

linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
linz wrote:
Beekay wrote:
I wish it was!

I don't care how much little papers you read with your little coffee.

Unless you have medical reports in front of you stating that Ben Cousins is only alive because he is "fit", that statement is silly. Yes he might have almost died... but to say he is only alive because he is fit is very unfair.

How do you truly know he isn't alive because he woke up one day and said enough of this.. this is going to kill me.

And for what it is worth I believe the guy is a complete moron, but I won't say he is only alive because he is rich, or because he has friends and family, (both of which are more plausibly than because he is fit) as I don't know. Neither do you!

And for what it is worth, I have played football at a team full of nice guys where everyone was mates and the team loved each other and no one was in your face or annoying you and I also played in a team full of little wanks, pricks, arrogant knobs.

First team mentioned - 0 Flags in 5 years.
Second team mentioned - 2 flags in 2 years.

Sign him up.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Beeks,

go back over some of the older threads and quotes, you'll see Benny has struggled big time.

Google him for a few stories and you'll see he's struggled.

Read stories re his mentor who died... get hold of some coroners reports about his mentor and who he'd been with... get a grip...

I wish any druggie all the best..... just research it... check his TI's with WAPOL.....

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

And it's probably a statement that he is alive because he is fit. Or at least that fitness assists.

No doubt.

PM me and come down to the Footscray Mall with me one day. I'll happily sit with you for a few hours and I'll show you the difference between users who are on heroin, normal speed and ice.

The users who are on ice, we will never run down. :lol: They will be hyper, eyes like marbles, even Sam won't get close for Street Talk. They are fast, real fast.

The others who have just hit speed will have pupils like headlights, and will take a minute to take off.

Heroin users won't give a s***, we can book them in for about an hour and they'll still be there. Unless they catch a stolen car to Frankston......

Beekay
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:And it's probably a statement that he is alive because he is fit. Or at least that fitness assists.

No doubt.

PM me and come down to the Footscray Mall with me one day. I'll happily sit with you for a few hours and I'll show you the difference between users who are on heroin, normal speed and ice.

The users who are on ice, we will never run down. :lol: They will be hyper, eyes like marbles, even Sam won't get close for Street Talk. They are fast, real fast.

The others who have just hit speed will have pupils like headlights, and will take a minute to take off.

Heroin users won't give a s***, we can book them in for about an hour and they'll still be there. Unless they catch a stolen car to Frankston......

I know a little myself about drugs mate. I have a liking for psychedelic trance and other forms of electronic music that have a very junkie crowd. Less than two weeks ago I was at a festival and saw someone smoking an ice pipe no less than 4 metres away from me. It's a world familiar to me.

I've seen all sorts of people on all sorts of drugs... including people I know and talk to.

A family friend and a man I considered an uncle while I was growing up just hung himself due to a life brought down by heroin.

I'd be glad to sit down and have a chat and I am sure I could teach you a thing or two about drugs also.

At the end of the day I don't believe you are going to survive just because you hit the gym. And no matter how close Ben has come, I'm sure it would be a similar out come if he was a CEO of a bank.

He might have pushed it because he was a solid unit, and hell if he wasn't a solid unit he might have not gone to such a level. Ya just don't know.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:And it's probably a statement that he is alive because he is fit. Or at least that fitness assists.

No doubt.

I know a little myself about drugs mate. I have a liking for psychedelic trance and other forms of electronic music that have a very junkie crowd. Less than two weeks ago I was at a festival and saw someone smoking an ice pipe no less than 4 metres away from me. It's a world familiar to me.

I've seen all sorts of people on all sorts of drugs... including people I know and talk to.

A family friend and a man I considered an uncle while I was growing up just hung himself due to a life brought down by heroin.

I'd be glad to sit down and have a chat and I am sure I could teach you a thing or two about drugs also.

At the end of the day I don't believe you are going to survive just because you hit the gym. And no matter how close Ben has come, I'm sure it would be a similar out come if he was a CEO of a bank.

He might have pushed it because he was a solid unit, and hell if he wasn't a solid unit he might have not gone to such a level. Ya just don't know.
That's interesting pal.

You should PM me and we should have a chat and a walk.

Seriously mate, I'd like to.

Send me a PM.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

PM sent Beeks, you up for it?

:lol:

Beekay
SS Life Member

You tell me. :wink:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:You tell me. :wink:
If you are up for it, I've got any day over the next two weeks available as discussed.

If you are into helping the youth mate, I'm all for it.

Footscray here you come.... :wink:

Beekay
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:

If it is helping the youth.. then give me a time and date after this here examination week of mine.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

If it is helping the youth.. then give me a time and date after this here examination week of mine.
LOL check the last PM I sent you mate.

I was a country boy too, but if you want a trip.....

:lol:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Ring me on that number Beeks if you want a really good tour of the west....

Hoping

Iceman234 wrote:Beeks,

go back over some of the older threads and quotes, you'll see Benny has struggled big time.

Google him for a few stories and you'll see he's struggled.

Read stories re his mentor who died... get hold of some coroners reports about his mentor and who he'd been with... get a grip...

I wish any druggie all the best..... just research it... check his TI's with WAPOL.....

Why have you had access to coroners reports and able to do checks with WAPOL? you have authority to do that? So you are 100% sure on your facts? You have been able to access confidental info on Ben?