Your best & worst St. Kilda predictions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Your best & worst St. Kilda predictions

Best prediction:
I saw a young overweight kid play in the forward pocket in an intra-club practise match for the Saints in Ballarat. He didn’t do much but did take a very nicely judged overhead mark. I said to my mate “he’ll make it that kidâ€

summertime and the living is easy ........
saintly_safes
Club Player

The first game I saw Sam Fisher play was against the Wet Coke Eagles I said to the guys around me this kid is gunna be alright even though he didnt do much he had something about him that caught my eye.

When we recruited the Waklin brothers I saw them play in the ressies a few times & said these guys are truely identical twins both f------ useless they wont play a senior game . Enough said

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

best: first time i saw CJ play i said to my mate he is the next luke ball, everything about him...his speed, his running style, the way he cant kick straight.

worst: Fraser gehrig this year will come back and kick us to a grand final, and at the end of the year have over 100 goals.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

best: first time i saw CJ play i said to my mate he is the next luke ball, everything about him...his speed, his running style, the way he cant kick straight.
Bwahahahahahaha...the only 2 people less alike on our list are Schneider and Kosi

Yes they are both gutsy but thats about it

Oh and I wouldnt be claiming that just yet..CJ's got a way to go..the "next Luke Ball" he aint even close yet

My worst: Screaming in frustration at an Intra-Club game that Jamie Shanahan had ever been considered as an VFL Footballer

Best: Watched Jeff Dunne spend most of a season in the Ressies and just knew he'd take the next step and be a great player for us.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Batnoe

My worst saints prediction- thinking we were a chance to win a flag each of the last 10 years

How wrong was i

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:My worst saints prediction- thinking we were a chance to win a flag each of the last 10 years

How wrong was i
10 out of 10. Better average than Bradman :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintbob
SS Life Member

BEST - I was at North Hobart oval, watching the Saints play an intra club practice game and there was a young bloke running around on a HBF with about 4 different colours in his hair, who looked cool and composed under pressure and was marking everything that came his way. I turned to my mates and said this kids going to be a star.
I asked a few people at the ground who this kid was , and no one had any idea, in the end one of the trainers told me he was a bloke by the name of Sam Fisher from Adelaide.
Enough said!!!

Worst - Continually saying this is the year the Saints will finally win another Premiership

Pilgram
Club Player

best: unfortunately, saints will never win a flag with robert harvey.
worst: sam gilbert is a woman.

makemytime
Club Player

i've only been watching and supporting footy for 2 years so not many to choose from

BEST: home-and-away season game against Hawthorn. Kept faith and knew the boys would come back. They did in emphatic fashion.

WORST: carlton and richmond would totally fail this season

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Best: After the 03 season some mates and I were dicussing possible de listings, when someone mentioned Jason Gram saying "surely he is gone" I said "He should be ok, give him another year"

Worse: Couple of years ago against the Roos. Milney slots a goal and I yell "Surley we are home now" Shannon Grant kicks 3 goals in 5 bloody minutes and we get rolled.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Pilgram
Club Player

makemytime wrote:BEST: home-and-away season game against Hawthorn. Kept faith and knew the boys would come back. They did in emphatic fashion.
was an awesome night

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Best- Raph Clarke will come good (maybe jumping the gun here)

West- Mark McGough will be an excellent pick up

older saint
SS Life Member

Best: After 1997 Grand Final that Hudghton would become one of the best backmen in the AFL.

Worst: After watching reserves and first couple of games that Jamie Shanahan was hopeless and why do they play him.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Best: First game I ever saw Lenny Hayes, I said "He has silky handball skills, kinda reminds me of Winmar, he'll be a really good player" - this was at a game when lots of people were saying that he was a poor player.

Worst: I've over-rated SO many players - I remember one game, I listened to it on the radio... there was a post-match interiew with Tim Elliot, who'd combined with Spider for a match-winning combo. I thought to myself, great, these two will dominate and really help us have a lot of success.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SaintHomer
Club Player

best - i told people gram was a good pickup from day one. took him a little while, but he was a top 20 pick by brisbane with pace, so had to have something. just couldn't break into their elite side.

worst - a few years ago when the saints were flying, i said baker won't get a spot in the 22 when we have a full list . he went on to win the B&F with bally.