Cadel Evans has his say.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainteronline

Bernard Shakey wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:We don't want Ben!

End of argument!
the thread wasnt about getting ben
I think it was.

If not, why was it here at all?
my argument is the same no matter which team he goes to

here's me thinking that you're an idiot
(don't worry mods I am not calling him an idiot, just stating my opinion)

when all along you just don't have any comprehension skills

go back to the start of the thread and then reread it

if you are still having problems

tell someone who cares

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
Saints-06-Premiers wrote:I think Cadel Evans is our best ever cyclist. You think Oppy is. Okay. Cool. Do you still want to harp on about your opinions? (Compare their records, for complete wins and records, not stage wins actual wins and if you still think that Evans is a better cyclist than oppy then you are a bigger fool than I even thought you were or you just don't want to admit you are wrong)

The part about Cadel being pissed if he was target tested like Cousins...... its a frikken hypothetical, no one would know anyones reaction to that. (His reaction would be the same as cousins ) He already gets tested reguarly. Since the UCI last year decided to really crack down on drug cheats, they have really become the most drug tested athletes. And he already gets tested more than Cousins, (yes he does, but he also gets the same amount of testing as everybody else he's not being singled out for extra testing, when other people have tested positive twice for drugs before) and Cousins should be thankful he's getting a second chance.

Ahhhh, anyway, i'm over this thread.
That's your opinion of whos a better cyclist. My opinion is different. I think in this day, the competition is a helluva lot stronger than it was in Oppy's day, and for what Cadel has done so far. Of course he still has years to come, but theres a reason why he is regarded as one of the top cyclists in the world. And theres a reason he started in the last 5 in the Olympic Time Trial. Oppy was the best cyclist of his time, but there are stronger and better riders in this day and really, its like comparing Melbourne's premiership teams of the 50's to the Brisbane Lions of 2001-03. Pointless.

The thing is if Cadel was caught (i cant find a better word as Cousins isn't exactly a drug cheat as such) on drugs, he'd expect to be tested more than the rest. Did Cousins really expect to be treated like the rest?

Anyway, doesn't look like Cousins will end up getting tested at all after last nights decision.

Whoever asked where Cadel would go in the draft...... has a dodgy knee. But then, Judd had a dodgy shoulder.

Too lazy to update my username
sainteronline

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
Saints-06-Premiers wrote:I think Cadel Evans is our best ever cyclist. You think Oppy is. Okay. Cool. Do you still want to harp on about your opinions? (Compare their records, for complete wins and records, not stage wins actual wins and if you still think that Evans is a better cyclist than oppy then you are a bigger fool than I even thought you were or you just don't want to admit you are wrong)

The part about Cadel being pissed if he was target tested like Cousins...... its a frikken hypothetical, no one would know anyones reaction to that. (His reaction would be the same as cousins ) He already gets tested reguarly. Since the UCI last year decided to really crack down on drug cheats, they have really become the most drug tested athletes. And he already gets tested more than Cousins, (yes he does, but he also gets the same amount of testing as everybody else he's not being singled out for extra testing, when other people have tested positive twice for drugs before) and Cousins should be thankful he's getting a second chance.

Ahhhh, anyway, i'm over this thread.
That's your opinion of whos a better cyclist. My opinion is different. I think in this day, the competition is a helluva lot stronger (yes stronger faster, better bikes, better roads, better training facilities better nutrition, but apart from drugs still a level playing field, unlike what Ben has to put up with) than it was in Oppy's day, and for what Cadel has done so far. Of course he still has years to come, but theres a reason why he is regarded as one of the top cyclists in the world. And theres a reason he started in the last 5 in the Olympic Time Trial. Oppy was the best cyclist of his time (you have just said it yourself oppy was the best rider in his time, Evans is not), but there are stronger and better riders in this day and really, its like comparing Melbourne's premiership teams of the 50's to the Brisbane Lions of 2001-03. Pointless. (thats exactly what this and sites like it are for,gimme a brake)

The thing is if Cadel was caught (i cant find a better word as Cousins isn't exactly a drug cheat as such) on drugs, he'd expect to be tested more than the rest. Did Cousins really expect to be treated like the rest? (Why shouldn't he)

Anyway, doesn't look like Cousins will end up getting tested at all after last nights decision.

Whoever asked where Cadel would go in the draft...... has a dodgy knee. But then, Judd had a dodgy shoulder.
let's compare just one race

Paris-brest-Paris 1200 miles in 49 hours oppy won it

tour DeFrantz 3500 miles in 23 days Evans has never won it

you figure out which one would be harder

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

But Evans' is really only interested in the Tour de France and everything is set up around that.

I thought we were debating Australia's best cyclist, not best cyclist of his time. Australia's or World's? Cos Evans is our best cyclist. (I personally rate Michael Rogers a better rider, by the way)

Did Evans not win the Pro Tour last year as well? I think he did. He was a world champion MTB'er. I think he also won in Romania - beating two of the best current riders Mr Contador and Mr Valverde.

Now obviously Oppy couldn't win the Pro Tour. I'm not saying he wasn't a great rider. I just dont think he'd be able to match it with the current riders Evans, Contador, Valverde, Shumacher, Sastre and Cancelara.

If Cadel was racing in Oppy's era, he'd win everything.

Anyway, i'm off to go ride.

Too lazy to update my username
Pilgram
Club Player

according to cycling australia anna mears is a better cyclist.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:according to cycling australia anna mears is a better cyclist.
Over 500 metres.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
sainteronline

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:
Anyway, i'm off to go ride.
a tricycle by the sounds of it. :wink: