Cadel Evans has his say.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pilgram
Club Player

how can i explain this in a way that you will understand?

okay, here it goes:
hair is external.
it grows on your head.
piss is internal.
it comes from within your body.
????
no-one (can) tamper with what's inside your body.
hair can be tampered with.

now back to the money:-
if i personally had to pay for a lawnmower man to come to my house and cut my lawns three times per week but had the option of that same lawnmower man coming just four times per year to cut the lawns down to the roots at ground level so that it looked like a bowling green and grew less.. with the cost of each visit from the lawnmower man being roughly the same cost, i may select that he comes just four times per year because it costs me less and saves me money.

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:how can i explain this in a way that you will understand?

okay, here it goes:
hair is external.
it grows on your head.
piss is internal.
it comes from within your body.
????
no-one (can) tamper with what's inside your body.
hair can be tampered with.

now back to the money:-
if i personally had to pay for a lawnmower man to come to my house and cut my lawns three times per week but had the option of that same lawnmower man coming just four times per year to cut the lawns down to the roots at ground level so that it looked like a bowling green and grew less.. with the cost of each visit from the lawnmower man being roughly the same cost, i may select that he comes just four times per year because it costs me less and saves me money.
do you really think that his urine cannot be tampered with once it has left his person?

What are you proposing

that somebody is going to run up and rub drugs into his hair

he had better watch out for those tooth fairies

maybe they will contaminate his hair gel

so what if the AFL wish to save money on testing

Pilgram
Club Player

What are you proposing

its a control issue.
what is an individual in control of.

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:
What are you proposing

its a control issue.
you mean like you're obviously not in control of all your faculties

let's hope he doesn't trip over and accidentally land his head in a bucket of heroin

or probably even more chance of contamination would be if a passing seagull that had been smoking crack accidentally crapped on his head

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Well if he's clean, whats all this matter?

If I were Ben I'd probably want all the testing I can get in a bid to stay clean.

Too lazy to update my username
Pilgram
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
Pilgram wrote:
What are you proposing

its a control issue.
you mean like you're obviously not in control of all your faculties

let's hope he doesn't trip over and accidentally land his head in a bucket of heroin
or probably even more chance of contamination would be if a passing seagull that had been smoking crack accidentally crapped on his head
LMAO :lol: lets just hope. :wink:

Quixote
SS Life Member

Evans is an arrogant whining little snot pea-dick.

My most disliked Australian sportsman by a stretch.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Evans is an arrogant whining little snot pea-dick.

Which makes you, Don Porridge, the biggest arsehole I have ever come across here.

Cadel Evans is probably the greatest athlete this country has ever seen.

Obviously you have no conception at all of what it takes to be an elite athlete.

AFL footballers are nowhere near the level of elite international sportsmen, mainly because we do not have the population to support them.

Take a look at the number or top cyclist that are in the elite class and realise that these guys and girls are leading the world, when you take into account population.

What is a pea-dick?

Seems to me you are subject to penis envy.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The whole Ben Cousins issue smells bad. It was reported that he's admitted taking drugs for 10 yrs. How long do you reckon he needs to be cured of his addiction. What are the chances of re-offending? And if that happens what are the consequences for the Saints? You wonder why 15 other clubs won't touch him. There's a good chance the Saints will say no too.

sainteronline

Bernard Shakey wrote: Cadel Evans is probably the greatest athlete this country has ever seen.
your kidding right

any olympic medals?(gold that is)

ok how many tour de froglands?

get real

from all reports nothing major since junior days

Solar
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote: Cadel Evans is probably the greatest athlete this country has ever seen.
your kidding right

get real

huh?

you obviously don't rate the tour because the greatest cyclists push themselves to the brink. To come second twice is incrediable. O'grady has to be up there as well for his victories and yellow jerseys but up until 3 years ago it would have been un heard of for an australian to attempt to win the tour.

I would put the clean cyclists on the tour up with the triathletes and marathon runners as the best athletes in australia

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
sainteronline

Solar wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
your kidding right

get real

huh?

you obviously don't rate the tour because the greatest cyclists push themselves to the brink. To come second twice is incrediable. O'grady has to be up there as well for his victories and yellow jerseys but up until 3 years ago it would have been un heard of for an australian to attempt to win the tour.

I would put the clean cyclists on the tour up with the triathletes and marathon runners as the best athletes in australia
has he won it?

There is no way known that you could possibly say
a great athlete he may be

but he is far from the greatest athlete this country has ever seen

not even close

not even close

three words for you

Sir Hubert Opperman

Quixote
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:Evans is an arrogant whining little snot pea-dick.

Which makes you, Don Porridge, the biggest arsehole I have ever come across here.

Cadel Evans is probably the greatest athlete this country has ever seen.

Obviously you have no conception at all of what it takes to be an elite athlete.

AFL footballers are nowhere near the level of elite international sportsmen, mainly because we do not have the population to support them.

Take a look at the number or top cyclist that are in the elite class and realise that these guys and girls are leading the world, when you take into account population.

What is a pea-dick?

Seems to me you are subject to penis envy.

Yawn... Bernard is being aggressive again... :roll:

If it's not Kosi, it's a fellow poster... :roll:

Grow up you silly old fool -- And learn to spot a bit of tongue-in-cheek when it's happening

I never mentioned that I didn't think he is an OK sportsman - just that he comes across very poorly in the media... No respect for someone that blames an 'injury' for not getting a medal... No respect at all... and the way he carries on over there in France... :roll:

I've had the 'pleasure' of meeting your hero Cadel a couple of times - and I think he is an arrogant little prat

Not a bad bike-rider, sure - but as a bloke a joke

Greatest athlete this country has ever seen? -- Stupidest thing I have ever heard :idea:

Comparing AFL footballers (without any international context) to international sportsmen? :roll:

If you want a model of an international Australian sportsmen to admire, just take one look, any time he speaks, at how Craig Mottram conducts himself. Then you might get a feeling for where I'm coming from Bernard you shampooed sock-puppet

:roll: :lol: :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I'm bald!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
Solar wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
your kidding right

get real

huh?

has he won it?

There is no way known that you could possibly say
a great athlete he may be

but he is far from the greatest athlete this country has ever seen

not even close

not even close

three words for you

Sir Hubert Opperman
How old are you. Did you see him ride?

sainteronline

plugger66 wrote: How old are you. Did you see him ride?
unfortunately no

born 60s

first real bike malvern star dragstar(with streamers)

grew up in corio

love me pushies :wink:

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Cadel is a great rider- he is this countries best ever cyclist (even though I think Michael Rogers is a better rider). It's only a matter of time until he win le Tour (that is, when Silence Lotto gets him better support riders). To ride 3000km over three weeks and to only be 20 and 10 seconds behind the winner is a decent job.

The speeds those guys ride at is incredible. I wish I could hold those speeds for 5minutes let alone 3 weeks.

Someone mentioned Cadel's personality....... and we're going to be picking up Cousins. :roll:

battye
Saintsational Legend

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:Cadel is a great rider- he is this countries best ever cyclist (even though I think Michael Rogers is a better rider). It's only a matter of time until he win le Tour (that is, when Silence Lotto gets him better support riders). To ride 3000km over three weeks and to only be 20 and 10 seconds behind the winner is a decent job.

The speeds those guys ride at is incredible. I wish I could hold those speeds for 5minutes let alone 3 weeks.

Someone mentioned Cadel's personality....... and we're going to be picking up Cousins. :roll:
The opportunity has passed Cadel IMO. This was the last year he was in with a real chance I reckon.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Pilgram
Club Player

was broken on the climb.
just not good enough when it counted.

sainteronline

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:Cadel is a great rider- he is this countries best ever cyclist (I know it is a matter of opinion but do yourself a favour and Google search sir Hubert Opperman) (even though I think Michael Rogers is a better rider). It's only a matter of time until he win le Tour (that is, when Silence Lotto gets him better support riders). To ride 3000km over three weeks and to only be 20 and 10 seconds behind the winner is a decent job. (Not saying it's not , also isn't there some bloke by the name of Lance something or rather coming out of retirement , my money would be on him, Armstrong that's right)

Evans would be jumping up and down and screaming blue murder, if he was singled out to be the only person undergoing the drug tests that have been placed on cousins, when other people have tested twice positive.imho

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:was broken on the climb.
just not good enough when it counted.
He was riding with a ruptured ACL after the crash in the first week, Not a bad effort.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Another ego fest?

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
Saints-06-Premiers wrote:Cadel is a great rider- he is this countries best ever cyclist (I know it is a matter of opinion but do yourself a favour and Google search sir Hubert Opperman) (even though I think Michael Rogers is a better rider). It's only a matter of time until he win le Tour (that is, when Silence Lotto gets him better support riders). To ride 3000km over three weeks and to only be 20 and 10 seconds behind the winner is a decent job. (Not saying it's not , also isn't there some bloke by the name of Lance something or rather coming out of retirement , my money would be on him, Armstrong that's right)

Evans would be jumping up and down and screaming blue murder, if he was singled out to be the only person undergoing the drug tests that have been placed on cousins, when other people have tested twice positive.imho
I am aware of Oppy and what he did. But le Tour de France is, in a way, the pinnacle of the sport and Evans has stood on the podium after three weeks twice.

Lance Armstrong is a good chance to grab his 8th Tour victory, but Evans is still a decent rider and if his team gets stronger and helps him on the climbs then there is no reason as to why he can't challenge Lance for the title.

Evans and other pro tour riders get tested more often than Ben Cousins would be. Sure drug testing is annoying, but Cousins has had a drug addiction, and is trying to return clean, of course he should expect to be tested more often than others (in AFL). Whereas, Evans, is a clean rider.

The fact that there are a few others on two strikes playing, is a different issue all together.

I don't tihnk Ben Cousins should whinge about the conditions he is under, cos really, he brought it upon himself. Three tests a week may seem a bit much, but if he wants to play footy, then accept the conditions. He's probably lucky he is been given a chance to play again.

sainteronline

Saints-06-Premiers wrote: I am aware of Oppy and what he did. But le Tour de France is, in a way, the pinnacle of the sport and Evans has stood on the podium after three weeks twice. (Do you know what sort of team the Australians had in those days, basically amateurs up against professionals, le tour as you call it is a team sport he had a team of basically amateurs backing him up (oppy that is)
Lance Armstrong is a good chance to grab his 8th Tour victory, but Evans is still a decent rider and if his team gets stronger and helps him on the climbs then there is no reason as to why he can't challenge Lance for the title. (A bit of Nostradamus hre, hope the wind is in his favour as well)

Evans and other pro tour riders get tested more often than Ben Cousins would be. Sure drug testing is annoying, but Cousins has had a drug addiction, and is trying to return clean, of course he should expect to be tested more often than others (in AFL). Whereas, Evans, is a clean rider.
(Yes he is a clean rider, well he hasn't been caught yet anyway, doesn't mean that he should be subjected to any different treatment than any other rider, cousins was banned for 12 months, if a cyclist was to be banned for two years due to drugs, would he be subjected to more drug tests than anybody else, not legally :!: there would be an uproar)
The fact that there are a few others on two strikes playing, is a different issue all together. (It is not a different issue, you cannot have one set of rules for one person and another set of rules for another)

I don't tihnk Ben Cousins should whinge about the conditions he is under, cos really, he brought it upon himself. Three tests a week may seem a bit much, but if he wants to play footy, then accept the conditions. He's probably lucky he is been given a chance to play again.
like I said, it has to be a level playing field, he doesn't have much choice, blatant discrimination

PS last time I checked, the criteria for "Australia's greatest sportsman" wasn't based on what they might do in the future, which is what you are basing your assumptions on Evans

do you know how many players have been expected to be the next big thing and havent made it, I can give you 2 straight off fiora,mcgough and to many more to name here

come and see me when Evans has actually won something :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:come and see me when Evans has actually won something :roll:
Cadel was voted Australian Sportsperson Of The Year by readers of the Age last year.

I call that a win.