Level 2 have to be Social members?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Level 2 have to be Social members?????

This is part of the membership message from the Saints.
All Level 2 Seat holders now must have a Social Club Membership. For the first time in our 9 year association with the newly named Etihad Stadium the Saints are delighted to announce the creation of a Level 2 Social Club.
If this true then they may have priced me out and will probably not renew my club membership.
I have been a constant club member for 30 yrs, I relinquished my social club membership so I could afford level 2, I will also let the club know of my feelings.
This is not good.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

yeah seems a little strange, they should offer it as an option, how much are reserved seats on level 2?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:yeah seems a little strange, they should offer it as an option, how much are reserved seats on level 2?
Levl 2 seats $288 + $170 membership + now an extra $125 Social.

These are Adult prices without concession.
Getting too dear, very disapointed that the club has gone this way.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Solar wrote:yeah seems a little strange, they should offer it as an option, how much are reserved seats on level 2?

thats a hefty increase..... you would think they would try and keep the members they have already... especially with the amount of reserved seating in comparison to other clubs

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

Are they this years prices Fireman?
It seems to get $100 more expensive each year (from 2007 - 2008 at least anyway). I haven't received my renewal kit yet but was wondering what the catch was gonna be for 2009

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Are they this years prices Fireman?
It seems to get $100 more expensive each year (from 2007 - 2008 at least anyway). I haven't received my renewal kit yet but was wondering what the catch was gonna be for 2009
Checkem out mate.
http://www.saints.com.au/Membership/tab ... fault.aspx

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm a level 2 reserved seat holder but i'm not a Social club member..

If StKilda want to be ridiculous with their level 2 demands then i'll definitely sit with the MW at all our games , unless the Saints intend to take that over as well......

:roll:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: , unless the Saints intend to take that over as well......

:roll:
personally I hope SAINTS do take over that area to the point that the opposition supporters are restricted to either end.. :wink:

BUt I can understand the frustration
continue to " diologue" with the club please

and or continue your membership in other ways- because NOT joining is not advancing the cause.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

When this was announced I presumed that all you would need to get into lvl 2 was a social club membership, not a social club membership and a reserve seat membership.

Junior
Club Player

Good day Fireman,

I also will not be renewing my membership my issue is that whilst i am a social club memebr i have a second seat on level 2 in my sons name for when he starts going to the footy. The club in their wisdom have said that i have to purchase a social club membership for my five year old son or i loose his seat.

I spoke with the club and went in and met with them offering to transfer his seat into my name as i am a social club member meaning that i would purchase two seats at an adult rate instead of one of them being at a junior rate. The club refused so that ends 29 years of comsecutive membership.

According to the club 40% of level 2 reserve seat holders are not social club members so it will be a nice little earner for the club should people just follow their hearts rather than taking a stance.

I will be going to the away games so as i catch up with my mates and see the Saints hope to see you at an away game next year.

Cheers
Junior

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:Good day Fireman,

I also will not be renewing my membership my issue is that whilst i am a social club memebr i have a second seat on level 2 in my sons name for when he starts going to the footy. The club in their wisdom have said that i have to purchase a social club membership for my five year old son or i loose his seat.

I spoke with the club and went in and met with them offering to transfer his seat into my name as i am a social club member meaning that i would purchase two seats at an adult rate instead of one of them being at a junior rate. The club refused so that ends 29 years of comsecutive membership.

According to the club 40% of level 2 reserve seat holders are not social club members so it will be a nice little earner for the club should people just follow their hearts rather than taking a stance.

I will be going to the away games so as i catch up with my mates and see the Saints hope to see you at an away game next year.

Cheers
Junior
the barstards.... I will let them know of my membership cancellation as well.

axcellence
Club Player

I am disappointed as well. I can understand the frustration... however, as long as we at least have basic membership, it would be OK.

See, if they are struggling for membership numbers, shouldn't they be reducing the prices, rather than increasing them?

Still, I think for this year, people who can access public transport should consider the lower costs involved on sundays - a sunday saver per person is less than $4. With so many sundays, I will actually find it easier to go to a lot of matches because of lower transport costs (and overall total cost is reduced).

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote:I am disappointed as well. I can understand the frustration... however, as long as we at least have basic membership, it would be OK.

See, if they are struggling for membership numbers, shouldn't they be reducing the prices, rather than increasing them?

Still, I think for this year, people who can access public transport should consider the lower costs involved on sundays - a sunday saver per person is less than $4. With so many sundays, I will actually find it easier to go to a lot of matches because of lower transport costs (and overall total cost is reduced).
by doing what they are doing without any consultation to the members is squeezing them. To force people who have had reserve seats for years into a social club membership (which I wouldn't use anyway) is downright extortion. They know that there are many that would like to retain there seats....I'm dirty on this....voted the wrong people in this time.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
axcellence wrote:I am disappointed as well. I can understand the frustration... however, as long as we at least have basic membership, it would be OK.

by doing what they are doing without any consultation to the members is squeezing them. To force people who have had reserve seats for years into a social club membership (which I wouldn't use anyway) is downright extortion. They know that there are many that would like to retain there seats....I'm dirty on this....voted the wrong people in this time.
Wouldn't have thought this was a board decision, more of an Archie and operational decision surely???

Bit harsh I reckon....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Wouldn't have thought this was a board decision, more of an Archie and operational decision surely???

Bit harsh I reckon....
would have to be passed by the board, either way they will lose members over this and at a time when membership is on the up.
Stupid move.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I see this as a gamble by the club that could go either way. Having said that, I really feel for those who can't afford their memberships any more !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well I AM a Level 2 and Social Club member but the club can go and get stuffed.

I will not be renewing my L2 membership and will NOT take up a Social Club membership either.

You just lost about $350 from me you greedy bastards.

FFS we are coming into a bloody recession and the club pulls this s***.

Well up yours.

Look forward to watching from the MW next season.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Well I AM a Level 2 and Social Club member but the club can go and get stuffed.
Let them know Joff, I did.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

whilst understanding your stances against the fact that there is ' no option' if level 2

may I ask- as someone did on another thread- being part of the club for members who are heading for Diamond or Red White and Black- multi year members will be of more value than administrations ( not that I want them changing every 6 mths either)

Is leaving the club completely just letting them win?
is being on level 2 the Only way you would attend the game
I know many of you tell of being in " the animal enclosure" at Moorabbin- at what point did - the position of your seat_ become more important than being a part of the saints?

as I said I can understand your outrage- BUt why GIVE up on the saints completely??//

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Footy First my arse.

This mob is beginning to stink worse than Butterss and his crew ever did.
Really just money grabbing bastards.

Well my discretionary revenue will be going to other forms of entertainment.

Really pissed off by this.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:whilst understanding your stances against the fact that there is ' no option' if level 2
No more to be said really
saintbrat wrote: may I ask- as someone did on another thread- being part of the club for members who are heading for Diamond or Red White and Black- multi year members will be of more value than administrations ( not that I want them changing every 6 mths either)

Is leaving the club completely just letting them win?
is being on level 2 the Only way you would attend the game
I know many of you tell of being in " the animal enclosure" at Moorabbin- at what point did - the position of your seat_ become more important than being a part of the saints?

as I said I can understand your outrage- BUt why GIVE up on the saints completely??//
I think you are missing the point, here is a situation where the club is forcing it's members to do something they don't want to do, forcing, because the seats we have, like AOK outlined are seats that we traditionally use. We know the people around us and we pay big money for them already.
Why wasn't this put to a vote?
Anything I do regarding my membership will send a clear message, not just for me but generations of Saints fans to come.
We can't just let the club disrespect us in this way.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:[ as I said I can understand your outrage- BUt why GIVE up on the saints completely??//
I think you are missing the point, here is a situation where the club is forcing it's members to do something they don't want to do, forcing, because the seats we have, like AOK outlined are seats that we Traditionally use. We know the people around us and we pay big money for them already.
Why wasn't this put to a vote?
Anything I do regarding my membership will send a clear message, not just for me but generations of Saints fans to come.
We can't just let the club disrespect us in this way.[/quote]

I havven't missed that point The fireman- I guess I'm as much curious about how long it takes for a 'tradition' to be created given that we have only been at the Dome for 8 years,
I am in accordance with you as to the COMPLETE lack of discussion in regards to the choices or lack there of- or even pre warning...

But if members OPT OUT totally- then where if any where will the Saints fans in the Future go and who will they support- because we aren't currently leading the way with membership and can ill afford to have people leave....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:42am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
noblejohn
Club Player

although it won't affect our group as we already have SC membership i feel for those who are being forced into buying SC membership. If, as they say, they have a waiting list of 500 for L2 seating then this would appear to be a blatant money grabbing exercise. The sweetener in all this is the new L2 reserved seat social club facility with dining and bar facilities,

"For the first time in our nine year association with Telstra Dome (now Etihad Stadium), the Saints are delighted to announce the creation of a Level 2 Social Club.
All Level 2 Reserve Seat holders can now access the Level 2 Social Club for all Saints home games during season 2009.
Join St Kilda legend Nathan Burke and media personality Bruce Eva each
week to get the inside word at the Saints and experience St Kilda matches
like never before.
Held in the relaxed atmosphere of the Accolade and Limelight Rooms, listen to current players and special guests, access premium bar facilities, book dining on a game by game basis as well as “behind the glassâ€

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long
ThePunter
Club Player

(In the interests of full disclosure, I am already a Level 2 Social Club Member.)

I understand some people are upset, and we are going into tough economic times, but the cost of running a football club is not going to get any cheaper, and for every membership not renewed, that is a little less likely we are to win a premiership.

The club very well may be "money grabbing", but is not a for-profit organisation. This money will be spent on the football department, according to a very well known and publicised policy of the current board.

So, while this may be tough, I encourage all St Kilda supporters to buy a membership if they can, and buy a Level 2 Social Club membership if you can afford it.