2009 Clash strip for sale

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

markp wrote:Apparently the fatter white line was put there especially for Cousins....
A chorus of groans has just been heard around Australia as that post was read. :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
markp wrote:Apparently the fatter white line was put there especially for Cousins....
A chorus of groans has just been heard around Australia as that post was read. :wink:
My apologies to all....

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

If this is going to be unveiled as the new clash strip that Archie has been

tight-lipped about now for weeks, then it is very underwhelming. Of

course it harks back to our tradition because it practically is our home

jumper with the odd mismeasurement of the white strip tailored by a pre-

school student. IMHO along with other posters the training jumper is a

breath of fresh air with the overall design mimicking our hot cross
bun.

The heralded "new clash strip" is insipid, it's just as bad as Essendon's

clash attempt! It's embarassing to say that they will now try and sell

something that is worse than the original. Did anyone in the marketing

department think, when someone can have the real deal home jumper

why would they bother purchasing the alternative jumper? I guess down

the track the clash strip will be in the bargain basement bin for 09 and

people will buy them only to pour black paint on the back of them or to

cut them up and use as rags!!

Go saints in '09!
st_nick
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:It's from a sports shop called Goodscore.
They are selling 2009 apparrel however it is currently out of stock. It is not 100% official but you would assume that they have been in contact with the club and may have let it slip too early.
It may not 100% official in that it hasn't been announced, but it is definitely next year's gear. The training jumper will also be available in a black version with a white cross. Overall, I still prefer the 2008 range. Don't like the half white/half black polos, Ts etc, especially if you're going to have two versions where one is reversed anyway. Just have one black and one white like this year's. But who knows? Maybe when we see the final product hanging in the club shop they'll look a million bucks.

And it's obvious that the clash jumper directive was 'don't change the jumper too much' rather than 'what will sell well?'.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

IF thats official, thats a ok for me. I love it. Anything would have been better than lasts years garbage.

I cant understand why some of you are complaining, oh how easy we forget the disgrace of a gurnsey we had as a away one only last year!

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Armoooos training guernsey wasn't showing up when I first viewed this page. It was one of those squares which means a graphic isn't showing. However, I can see it now. And frankly.... I think it's terrific! Great job! I'll get one as soon as I can!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

for most of 2008 we read and heard of supporters who DID NOT like sections of the range

at the end of the year I hear - " Oh I liked that........

a change is made and yet again we hear " oh that doesn't look good, don't think that will work... " not what I'd be interested in buying"

Golly am I glad I'm not in the position of having to plan ahead and read peoples minds

also Glad there are a so many varied people out there so that whatever is decided on - for this year- will be purchased by some

the problem we as saints seem to have is that people wont purchase JUST BECAUSE it's the saints- and thus assisting the bottom line... the thin red bottom line :? Rather it's wait and see if I like next years

people say they love the tri- colour- yet when it's used on a jumper that will make a great autograph palette- oh I don't like that ...
there seemed to be a great response to carlton's awful white variation- Because it proved to be great for signing.. why not look at it as value adding...?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Carlton's white jumper looked great IMO, our clash jumper is a completely different story.

I have liked a lot of team's clash jumpers and hated others too. I have always hated Essendon's clash jumper because it's just their home jumper disfigured, which IMO is what our clash jumper is this year.

I am a big fan of Fremantle's clash jumper because it serves it's purpose while promoting the symbol of the club.

What I love about the cross is it gives us a symbol, it makes us stand out from the crowd and it makes for an intimidating appearence, mark my words the cross WILL be back on the playing field, maybe not this year but in the very near future, I will see to it personally!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

st_nick wrote:
Armoooo wrote:It's from a sports shop called Goodscore.
They are selling 2009 apparrel however it is currently out of stock. It is not 100% official but you would assume that they have been in contact with the club and may have let it slip too early.
It may not 100% official in that it hasn't been announced, but it is definitely next year's gear. The training jumper will also be available in a black version with a white cross. Overall, I still prefer the 2008 range. Don't like the half white/half black polos, Ts etc, especially if you're going to have two versions where one is reversed anyway. Just have one black and one white like this year's. But who knows? Maybe when we see the final product hanging in the club shop they'll look a million bucks.

And it's obvious that the clash jumper directive was 'don't change the jumper too much' rather than 'what will sell well?'.
How do you know that there will be a black version of the jumper? Have you heard something?

I see on the page that they have it down as a black training jumper but only have the picture of the white one so I just assumed it was a typo...

I would love the idea of having a black one available... What do you reckon the odds are of me getting a couple of freebies :lol: :lol:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
st_nick
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:How do you know that there will be a black version of the jumper? Have you heard something?

I see on the page that they have it down as a black training jumper but only have the picture of the white one so I just assumed it was a typo...

I would love the idea of having a black one available... What do you reckon the odds are of me getting a couple of freebies :lol: :lol:
Definitely, black and white options will be available. Trust me. :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Go the Cross Armooo spot on!!!

Its a strong symbol that to me brings a touch of medevil to the brand......really like it.

Id love a black and white version and cant believe the players aint wearing it as a clash strip in 09 its bold yet has our tradition embodied in the cross.

Doesnt ANYONE at the club speak to supporters? canvass opinions? put out some options? FFS talk to us (or at the very least) Armoo...

BTW for the record the proposed clash strip cr@ps on that disgusting faded acid wash apron we wore this year...embarassing...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Armooo why not post your design to Archie at saintscentral and ask if it coul be considered as a clash jumper option for 09??

“Yeah….nah””
Saints94
SS Life Member

It would look terrible against the pies :?

st_nick
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Armooo why not post your design to Archie at saintscentral and ask if it coul be considered as a clash jumper option for 09??
too late to change things for '09 now, earliest would be 2011 as you must wear it for at least two years... god knows why, just another one of those mysterious clash jumper rules set out by the AFL.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

st_nick wrote:
Teflon wrote:Armooo why not post your design to Archie at saintscentral and ask if it coul be considered as a clash jumper option for 09??
too late to change things for '09 now, earliest would be 2011 as you must wear it for at least two years... god knows why, just another one of those mysterious clash jumper rules set out by the AFL.
Yeah I posted a question to Archie the other day, asking if they had truly sought out fan feedback why they didn't have a poll on SS or SC about it and I proposed my design aswell.

Totally agree BTW that our new clash jumper is so much better than the current one it's not even funny, but still there were a lot of better options, a couple of Mero's designs come to mind particularly, there was also a pretty good one on Bigfooty earlier today...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

still reckon the place to do supporter consultation would here......lets face it its THE place if your a diehard fan and what better group to win over?

Mustve surveyed the Boards mothers...

“Yeah….nah””
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Armoooo - Your training jumper looks great. Why not though, a red sash across the shoulder to replicate the shield.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Image
I'm very happy about this :D

As am i, will definately purchase one. Would be extremely unhappy if this wasn't the clash/away jumper.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Image
I'm very happy about this :D

As am i, will definately purchase one. Would be extremely unhappy if this wasn't the clash/away jumper.
ill get that in black AND a white version......
i reckon it rocks and thought so when i first saw armoooos avie

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Was going to stockpile the family tree with St Kilda merchandise gifts...the excitement they had for the year ahead was huge.

Not sure what to get them now. I'm sure I'll find something eventually.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st_nick
Club Player

2009 on-field and training range now on sale through St Kilda online store. Training Ts and singlets available now, jumpers and on-field range in stock 8th December.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

No hot cross bun yet :(:(
Shouldn't be surprised really, we didn't see the proper taining jerseys as oppsed to singlets this year for a while either. Probably wont see the training hot cross bun until the intra-club match...

P.S, I really hate the Jeldwen logo having to be in that black box...

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:IF thats official, thats a ok for me. I love it. Anything would have been better than lasts years garbage.

I cant understand why some of you are complaining, oh how easy we forget the disgrace of a gurnsey we had as a away one only last year!
Yes, that was a disgrace...

I just wish, we can stick to the one away strip that remains, but to date I am not a real fan of any ATM...

I guess marketing will always have a new away strip, but it would be great if fans know both are set year in year out IMO...

IMO, the sale of the Clubs away strip will always remain low to very low...

If the Club sticks to a great away strip that most fans like they will sell very well, knowing that strip is always going to be the away strip...

On away games a good deal of supporters will probably wear that away strip if they do this IMO...

ATM the home strip is sold in ten folds and the away strip is basically thrown away at the end of the season

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:IF thats official, thats a ok for me. I love it. Anything would have been better than lasts years garbage.

I just wish, we can stick to the one away strip that remains, but to date I am not a real fan of any ATM...

I guess marketing will always have a new away strip, but it would be great if fans know both are set year in year out IMO...

If the Club sticks to a great away strip that most fans like they will sell very well, knowing that strip is always going to be the away strip...

On away games a good deal of supporters will probably wear that away strip if they do this IMO...

ATM the home strip is sold in ten folds and the away strip is basically thrown away at the end of the season
the candy style was popular

still see quite a few at the games.

saint4life
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

the candy style was popular

still see quite a few at the games.
Yeah, good point chook, the Club will sell a lot more if.......

the fans like it...

and will sell more knowing that it's going to be there for more than 2 years IMO...

If the Club was to have that candy stripe as a permanent away strip it may sell close to our home strip and avoid the wastage at seasons end IMO...

Yes, I realise that Clubs can change their away strip after a 2 year period (I think it's two years)...

But if the Club has/had found that sales in one design far outreached their expectations then why change it???

Doesn't seem to make sense to me

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!