Gardner OK - Cousins NOT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

davidgrantfan
Club Player

[i]""All the above are either very, very poor to date - or ordinary.

Except for King. He was a good one.

The rest have been woeful in terms of output and value add on-field.[/i] ""

I disagree. I think Joffaboy summed it up pretty well. I think we recruited very last year , when we picked up experienced players (incl premiership players) for a song. King, Schneider, and Dempster have been very valuable...the latter pair improving later in the season .

As for this year, taking Cousns would have been seen as yet another shrewd coup. There better be a damn good reason for not taking him. It certainly cant' have been the official line about youth policy. At least now we shall get to see if St Kilda did make the right call with Ben.

"Even the most widely held opinions should never be regarded as an ultimate truth"...Science and Public Policy Institute USA.. on the subject of climate change.
davidgrantfan
Club Player

Legendary wrote "Definitely was about Jeld-Wen.

Lose their sponsorship and you lose St Kilda.

Massive, massive consideration."

I hope you are wrong on that one. I really do.

I guess that's the beauty of having DIck Smith as a Richmond sponsor. David Hicks, Ben Cousins....not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Richmond, Ben Cousins and Dick Smith...a perfect fit.

If it is ever proven that Jeld Wen did "wield" the big stick on the Ben Cousins issue, they are going to have a major PR problem on their hands..

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Getting back to the OP there is no logical argument justifying Michael Gardiner being on the list and not Ben Cousins.