Those making big statements.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Those making big statements.

Can those making big statements like " I'm not renewing my membership" and "I'm never going to a game again" please leave their member number in this thread, so we can let the club know.

I am sick of people putting this club down. If you don't like it p*ss off.

I am upset that we are not getting BC and i'm also upset that it seems to have been done in a bad way. But it's St Kilda and if you don't like it stiff. It's the club I love and will keep loving.

So if this enough for you to leave the club. Good. I for one don't want you to be a part of the club I love anymore.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I'm waiting for numbers!!
Last edited by IluvHarvey on Wed 26 Nov 2008 2:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:sax?

sassy?

daring people to do it is nearly as bad as doing it.

Pilgram
Club Player

if you dont like st. kilda p1ss off and join another club.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Pilgram wrote:if you dont like st. kilda p1ss off and join another club.
So what club you joining then Pilgram? :lol: :lol: :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I love St Kilda and will renew - but why should that preclude me from wanting what's best for the club?

That's what pisses me off about the do-gooders. If we announced a policy of recruiting neo-Nazi skinhead youth, you'd tell us it was a good thing because "the club knows best and you have to support them".

Uh-huh. Because one premiership in 135 years shows the incumbants have always been right.

FFS - speak up if you disagree. Support by arguing passionately for what's best for the club. Don't agree purely for the sake of unity - that breeds mediocrity. It's our job to push this club to be the best it can be.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 26 Nov 2008 4:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I love St Kilda and will renew - but why should that preclude me from wanting what's best for the club?

That's what pisses me off about the do-gooders. If we announced a policy of recruiting neo-Nazi skinhead youth, you'd tell us it was a good thing because "the club knows best and you have to support them".

Uh-huh. Because one premiership in 135 years shows the incumbants have always been right.

FFS - speak up if you disagree. Support by arguing passionately for what's best for the club. Don't agree purely for the sake of unity - that breeds mediocrity. It's our job to push this club to be the best it can be.
spot on

saint4life
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:

I'm not saying everyone has to agree. But don't threaten to stop supporting the club because you don't agree.
I am unhappy that we are not picking BC up. But i'm not going to threaten to stop supporting the club because of it.

Richter
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:"the club knows best and you have to support them".

Quite right Ev, I'm p***ed off by the decision not to go for BC, but at the moment what's making me incensed is the lack of accountability being shown by "THE BOARD".

They're hiding behind this facade of "THE BOARD" because none of them individually wants to stand up and own this decision.

WEAK AS P***

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
GrumpyOne

By all means speak up if you disagree. But to threaten to take your bat and ball home is childish.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I love St Kilda and will renew - but why should that preclude me from wanting what's best for the club?

I agree with your post entirely...

I was all for Cousins coming to the Saints, and I am a big girl who can handle it if someone begs to differ. In my short time on here though, I have noticed that there is a lot of people on here that think it's their given right to "attempt" to change people's opinions.

sax
Club Player

sassy?

READ MY WHOLE POST!
I NEVER said I'd STOP supporting the club, I just said I probably wont renew my membership.
BC isn't the only reason. I also live in SA and can only attend between 2 and 5 games per year.
I've been a FULL social club member for 14 years and now have two young kids. 2 months and 2 1/2 years.
So I was reconsidering anyway!
This is the straw that broke the camels back!
As for leaving my number, how does p!ss off sound? :evil:
If I'm gonna do it, I'll do it myself thanks!
I think being a member for 14 years and a supporter for 30 gives me that right!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

[quote="ohwhenthesaintsI was all for Cousins coming to the Saints, and I am a big girl who can handle it if someone begs to differ. In my short time on here though, I have noticed that there is a lot of people on here that think it's their given right to "attempt" to change people's opinions.[/quote]

Is this a crack at me?

If so you missed the point. I'm not changing anyones opinion.

Just saying if you say you are not going to renew your membership then don't. As i'm sick of this "threat" and i would rather not have people that petty supporting the club i love.

If it's not a crack please ignore this post.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No I was not having a go at you, I was being general.

sax
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:[quote="ohwhenthesaintsI was all for Cousins coming to the Saints, and I am a big girl who can handle it if someone begs to differ. In my short time on here though, I have noticed that there is a lot of people on here that think it's their given right to "attempt" to change people's opinions.
Is this a crack at me?

If so you missed the point. I'm not changing anyones opinion.

Just saying if you say you are not going to renew your membership then don't. As i'm sick of this "threat" and i would rather not have people that petty supporting the club i love.

If it's not a crack please ignore this post.[/quote]

Who made you so "HIGH AND MIGHTY"?
This is a forum, for opinion. People can write whatever they want.
Just get off your high horse.
NO-ONE has said they don't love the club.
I'm pretty sure you're not the ONLY one who loves the club either!
Last edited by sax on Wed 26 Nov 2008 1:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Well said Everton.

I'll take a fair weather supporter anyday over a 'holier than thou', 'I'm a better supporter than you', 'blindly support dropkicks like Archie' sycophants that seem to crawl out when other members have the audacity to bag the knobs that currently run our club.

I'm very upset with a lot of things that this administration have done but I will not be throwing in the towel. I felt like it last night (2 days before the $1500 that my family pays each year in sent in to the club).

They are weak, they are greedy & they are hypocrites.

Not taking a chance with Cousins is bad enough. Say that they think he might relapse. Justifying it by saying we have a youth policy is blatant, bare faced lying. Wait for them to pick up Carroll now. They've already sacrificed a very good draft pick for a bloke who is, at best, a fringe player.

Uninspiring. Short sighted.

Moorabbin. Frankston. Seaford. Reserved seats. Cousins.

I'll do my nut if they pick another bloody smokey on Saturday.

Of course the blind followers will bag me for posting this rant. "Why don't you join another club... you can't bag our golden children Westaway, Fraser and Lyon". As far as I'm concerned right now they can all go.

B4E for President.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:Well said Everton.

I'll take a fair weather supporter anyday over a 'holier than thou', 'I'm a better supporter than you', 'blindly support dropkicks like Archie' sycophants that seem to crawl out when other members have the audacity to bag the knobs that currently run our club.

I'm very upset with a lot of things that this administration have done but I will not be throwing in the towel. I felt like it last night (2 days before the $1500 that my family pays each year in sent in to the club).

They are weak, they are greedy & they are hypocrites.

Not taking a chance with Cousins is bad enough. Say that they think he might relapse. Justifying it by saying we have a youth policy is blatant, bare faced lying. Wait for them to pick up Carroll now. They've already sacrificed a very good draft pick for a bloke who is, at best, a fringe player.

Uninspiring. Short sighted.

Moorabbin. Frankston. Seaford. Reserved seats. Cousins.

I'll do my nut if they pick another bloody smokey on Saturday.

Of course the blind followers will bag me for posting this rant. "Why don't you join another club... you can't bag our golden children Westaway, Fraser and Lyon". As far as I'm concerned right now they can all go.

B4E for President.
But are you threatening to cancel your membership?
No!!
Are you still going to renew?
Yes.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

BIG STATEMENT!

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

[quote="sax]

I'm pretty sure you're not the ONLY one who loves the club either![/quote]

Not high and mighty. I just have an opinion.

GrumpyOne

IluvHarvey wrote:[quote="sax]

I'm pretty sure you're not the ONLY one who loves the club either!
Not high and mighty. I just have an opinion.[/quote][/quote]

How long has your horse been using?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

sax wrote:

sassy?

READ MY WHOLE POST!
I NEVER said I'd STOP supporting the club, I just said I probably wont renew my membership.
BC isn't the only reason. I also live in SA and can only attend between 2 and 5 games per year.
I've been a FULL social club member for 14 years and now have two young kids. 2 months and 2 1/2 years.
So I was reconsidering anyway!
This is the straw that broke the camels back!
As for leaving my number, how does p!ss off sound? :evil:
If I'm gonna do it, I'll do it myself thanks!
I think being a member for 14 years and a supporter for 30 gives me that right!
I just re read your whole post and here it is.........
"I'm sick of all this crap with St Kilda!
I'm going to cancel my membership!
30 years I've been a supporter!
NOT ANYMORE!
The hair that has broken the camels back! "

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I think it's funny how supporters have been sucked in to the whole 'membership' thing.

"if you're not a member, you're not a true supporter" etc. etc.

What frogshyt.

Footy clubs only exist these days to employ people, and to make other people very wealthy.

Sucked in big time.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Uh-uh. Because one premiership in 135 years shows the incumbants have always been right.
Agree with everything you said except for the quote above - you can hardley blame the current incumbents for the past 135 years.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Is this like the McCarthy witch-hunt?

Anyone who questions their ongoing financial support of the club at any time, for any reason, should be purged.

Better dead than not red, white and black.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I think it's funny how supporters have been sucked in to the whole 'membership' thing.

"if you're not a member, you're not a true supporter" etc. etc.

What frogshyt.

Footy clubs only exist these days to employ people, and to make other people very wealthy.

Sucked in big time.
Bang on the money
fingers wrote:Agree with everything you said except for the quote above - you can hardley blame the current incumbents for the past 135 years.
I'm not - it's just an example that board members rarely deliver on their promises.

I can't stand people who say you should back the club's judgement blindy the club even when you suspect they've f***ed up badly.

I will support this club until I die, but rest assured, I'll be pushing and prodding them until the last day.

I care about this club too much to become lazy and just accept another 135 years of s*** sandwiches.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.