Those making big statements.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:Well said Everton.

I'll take a fair weather supporter anyday over a 'holier than thou', 'I'm a better supporter than you', 'blindly support dropkicks like Archie' sycophants that seem to crawl out when other members have the audacity to bag the knobs that currently run our club.

I'm very upset with a lot of things that this administration have done but I will not be throwing in the towel. I felt like it last night (2 days before the $1500 that my family pays each year in sent in to the club).

They are weak, they are greedy & they are hypocrites.

Not taking a chance with Cousins is bad enough. Say that they think he might relapse. Justifying it by saying we have a youth policy is blatant, bare faced lying. Wait for them to pick up Carroll now. They've already sacrificed a very good draft pick for a bloke who is, at best, a fringe player.

Uninspiring. Short sighted.

Moorabbin. Frankston. Seaford. Reserved seats. Cousins.

I'll do my nut if they pick another bloody smokey on Saturday.

Of course the blind followers will bag me for posting this rant. "Why don't you join another club... you can't bag our golden children Westaway, Fraser and Lyon". As far as I'm concerned right now they can all go.

B4E for President.
Totally agree...

Unfortunately, it has always been the case, that the less intelligent of a community are always bound to follow blindly.

GrumpyOne

tweedaletomanning wrote:

I'll take a fair weather supporter anyday over a 'holier than thou', 'I'm a better supporter than you', 'blindly support dropkicks like Archie' sycophants that seem to crawl out when other members have the audacity to bag the knobs that currently run our club.

I'm very upset with a lot of things that this administration have done but I will not be throwing in the towel. I felt like it last night (2 days before the $1500 that my family pays each year in sent in to the club).

Not taking a chance with Cousins is bad enough. Say that they think he might relapse. Justifying it by saying we have a youth policy is blatant, bare faced lying. Wait for them to pick up Carroll now. They've already sacrificed a very good draft pick for a bloke who is, at best, a fringe player.

Of course the blind followers will bag me for posting this rant. "Why don't you join another club... you can't bag our golden children Westaway, Fraser and Lyon". As far as I'm concerned right now they can all go.

B4E for President.
Totally agree...

Unfortunately, it has always been the case, that the less intelligent of a community are always bound to follow blindly.
Yes..... obviously. :)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
I'm not - it's just an example that board members rarely deliver on their promises.

I can't stand people who say you should back the club's judgement blindy the club even when you suspect they've f***ed up badly.

I will support this club until I die, but rest assured, I'll be pushing and prodding them until the last day.

I care about this club too much to become lazy and just accept another 135 years of s*** sandwiches.
With ya.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I love St Kilda and will renew - but why should that preclude me from wanting what's best for the club?

That's what pisses me off about the do-gooders. If we announced a policy of recruiting neo-Nazi skinhead youth, you'd tell us it was a good thing because "the club knows best and you have to support them".

Uh-huh. Because one premiership in 135 years shows the incumbants have always been right.

FFS - speak up if you disagree. Support by arguing passionately for what's best for the club. Don't agree purely for the sake of unity - that breeds mediocrity. It's our job to push this club to be the best it can be.
i agree with this everton chap. if the powers that be had a decent track record of results id be happy to quietly take them on trust. but since that aint the case i think its perfectly legitimate to both love the club and be critical of it. in fact they are entirely consistent. if someone in power came and took a dump on my house - surely i am justified in complaining?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:

B4E for President.
Totally agree...

Someone once told me about politics...

Don't whinge about the Govt. If you care so much, then run for election and make a change.

You can accuse me of following blindly all you want. But perhaps, instead of slagging of at those who do not agree with you... Have the balls to nominate for the board. Better still... hand the club an open cheque to fund it when they lose their major sponsor.

Is that holier than thou enough for you?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The worst bit, as far as I'm concerned, is hearing from all the other geese out there (from other clubs) that we're the ones who have now left BC high and dry and with no chance of resuming his career.

If BC was our shining light in all of this, and our only chance of a Premiership then we're in serious trouble! I don't think the club took this decision as lightly as some on here make out they have. 15 other clubs have said 'no' to him...big gamble to go against the grain ...even if that's all you had to go by! I won't be shunning the club over this, not by any means!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

B4E for President.
Totally agree...

Someone once told me about politics...

Don't whinge about the Govt. If you care so much, then run for election and make a change.

You can accuse me of following blindly all you want. But perhaps, instead of slagging of at those who do not agree with you... Have the balls to nominate for the board. Better still... hand the club an open cheque to fund it when they lose their major sponsor.

Is that holier than thou enough for you?
Case and point!!

CHECK MATE :lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I love St Kilda and will renew - but why should that preclude me from wanting what's best for the club?

That's what pisses me off about the do-gooders. If we announced a policy of recruiting neo-Nazi skinhead youth, you'd tell us it was a good thing because "the club knows best and you have to support them".

Uh-huh. Because one premiership in 135 years shows the incumbants have always been right.

FFS - speak up if you disagree. Support by arguing passionately for what's best for the club. Don't agree purely for the sake of unity - that breeds mediocrity. It's our job to push this club to be the best it can be.
i agree with this everton chap. if the powers that be had a decent track record of results id be happy to quietly take them on trust. but since that aint the case i think its perfectly legitimate to both love the club and be critical of it. in fact they are entirely consistent. if someone in power came and took a dump on my house - surely i am justified in complaining?
Do you normally complain about decisions without knowing the facts?
Because as far as I know no-one on here actually knows why the Board made the decision it did and yet there are plenty who want to criticize them for the decision.

My thinking is it's pretty hard to criticize a decision if you have no idea why it was made.
By all means be disappointed by the decision because it went the opposite way to what you wanted, but to criticize the people for making that decision without facts seems unreasonable.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Because as far as I know no-one on here actually knows why the Board made the decision it did and yet there are plenty who want to criticize them for the decision.

My thinking is it's pretty hard to criticize a decision if you have no idea why it was made.
By all means be disappointed by the decision because it went the opposite way to what you wanted, but to criticize the people for making that decision without facts seems unreasonable.
Ok, but the AFL granted him his licence to play, now, i don't know about you, but i would say they would have a much bigger worry protecting their brand than what we would.

Someone is WRONG! The AFL or The St.kilda board. which is it???

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Ok, but the AFL granted him his licence to play, now, i don't know about you, but i would say they would have a much bigger worry protecting their brand than what we would.

Someone is WRONG! The AFL or The St.kilda board. which is it???
IMHO the AFL have set him up to get caught. I have little experience with rehabilitating drug addicts but I would have thought that it would be very, very difficult for an addict to not transgress during their rehab.

I believe the AFL hasve been embarrased by the fact that BC played for at least 2 years whilst addicted to drugs and that their much vaunted drugs policy was found to be a joke. I think they would be really happy for him to be caught and then thrown the book at.
I think that's why they've put the restrictions on him that don't apply to any other player.

I have absolutely no proof of the above, it's just what I think.
And I reckon the Saints Board mnay have had similar thoughts.

uncle joe
Club Player

There are plenty of arguments for and against taking Cousins . But , to threaten to cancel your membership over a bloke that has never pulled on the RW&B jumper is a smack in the face for some great past players that were traded or delisted for whatever reason .

Grow up !!!

Richter
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: Do you normally complain about decisions without knowing the facts?

I'm complaining about the fact that we aren't being told what the real reasons were. If I'm being told to suck it up better that comes from a St Kilda supporter like Westaway or club legend like Burkey. The hired gun CEO? Not good enough.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...