2009 Clash Strip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Why the wider white stripe?

It sucks big time!

Should have just had the traditional home jumper with a white back!

Is that too hard?

Perhaps the AFL knobpolishers/Demetriou knocked this back and we were once again forced to modify

BUT if not, then IMO they've stuffed up!

The wider white stripe looks awful and again, I won't be buying one!
everyone always stuffs up according to you and no-one cares if you are not going to purchase one
wish that there was a thumbs up icon around here....you would get one...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
oh when
Club Player

I don't understand how it can be so difficult for the club to design a clash jumper that looks good.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Is there a long sleeve version to look at???

This is apparently the Saints 1923 strip...

For b4e that craves tradition and questions "why the wider white strip" I just find it strange that he has not embraced next years strip...

I guess, I should get used to his constant complaining :idea:

No farking clue, springs to mind

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and um...

b4e...

Your reference to your Great Grand Father turning in his grave...

Yep, just maybe because of some of your posts on "tradition" :idea:

RBnW
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Why the wider white stripe?

It sucks big time!

Should have just had the traditional home jumper with a white back!

Is that too hard?

Perhaps the AFL knobpolishers/Demetriou knocked this back and we were once again forced to modify

BUT if not, then IMO they've stuffed up!

The wider white stripe looks awful and again, I won't be buying one!
You would not be able to get it over your head.... :lol: :lol:

Our best is yet
to come......
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The St Kilda administration has, in my opinion, done well on the research of the strip that has been chosen as the "clash strip"

The continuing insults from a poster that in some way acknowledges "tradition" but just fails to see or recognise anything the current administration is implementing to tradition, that is just astounding IMO

Yeah, righto, this certain poster recently told me to "get a life'...

:roll:

saint08
Club Player

current afl rules require ours to be mostly white...so the candy stripe was not not an option.

other clubs have different requirements imosed on them.

That rule is why the last one was mostly white.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Getting a brand new jumper tomorrow down at Moorabbin. Can't decide on the home or clash. If the training ones there I'll probably look into that. White with the cross ftw!

If the candy stripe was there that would be a certain winner!

If someone has been down to the shop lately and can inform me of whats there it would be highly appreciated!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

As hss been previously been stated we had no choice to go nearly all white which ment a much wider white stripe. I still think it is the best clash strip we could have come up with, it had history to it and again as has been said it actually looks like a ST KILDA jumper not some generic white jumper with a logo printed badly on it.

I am still annoyed that the AFL (i.e Collingwood) had a sook so we couldnt wear our candy stripe one anymore. IMHO the best away/clash jumper we have EVER had.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

l honestly think that the cross style guernsey first used for the pre-season in 1996 & then as a home jumper from 1997 was by far the best.
It brought instant success too.
1996 Ansett cup Premiers
1997 Grand final
I understand that it wouldn't be suitable as a clash strip today, but l reckon that Guernsey made the Mighty Saints look...well..Mighty!

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
stinger
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:l honestly think that the cross style guernsey first used for the pre-season in 1996 & then as a home jumper from 1997 was by far the best.
1996 Ansett cup Premiers
1997 Grand final
I understand that it wouldn't be suitable as a clash strip today, but l reckon that Guernsey made the Mighty Saints look...well..Mighty!

gotta agree

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

stinger wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:l honestly think that the cross style guernsey first used for the pre-season in 1996 & then as a home jumper from 1997 was by far the best.
1996 Ansett cup Premiers
1997 Grand final

gotta agree
Me Too...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yup, best saints jumper EVER!!

BRING BACK THE CROSS!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints94
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Yup, best saints jumper EVER!!

BRING BACK THE CROSS!!
Just like our avaters mate :lol: :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:The St Kilda administration has, in my opinion, done well on the research of the strip that has been chosen as the "clash strip"

The continuing insults from a poster that in some way acknowledges "tradition" but just fails to see or recognise anything the current administration is implementing to tradition, that is just astounding IMO

:roll:
Still waiting b4e, on just why do you think the Club has "stuffed up" on the issue with the clash strip

Put up or stop the continuing sledges at the current administration...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

On a side note, re merchandise, does anyone else agree with me that the price of the "Official AFL" home and clash jumpers for 2009 are way over the odds?

(Not that it is any different to previous years).

It is for this reason that I refuse to buy current stock and have and will only purchase clearance Saints items (from our club or course - keep all the profits at the club!).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
esaint66
SS Life Member

1996 Ansett cup Premiers
1997 Grand final

Was saying the exact same thing to my dad who loved the old Fitzroy 95 & 96 pre - season jumper and i said ours was much better because

* It was ours
* And we actually won a game in it.

Still wear my Hot Cross Bun and Yellow Peril to games.

esaint66
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Is there a long sleeve version to look at???

This is apparently the Saints 1923 strip...

For b4e that craves tradition and questions "why the wider white strip" I just find it strange that he has not embraced next years strip...

I guess, I should get used to his constant complaining :idea:

No farking clue, springs to mind

This is pretty much what the new clash jumper with sleeves will look like except minus the cuff colours, collar and black back

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
1996 Ansett cup Premiers
1997 Grand final

Was saying the exact same thing to my dad who loved the old Fitzroy 95 & 96 pre - season jumper and i said ours was much better because

* It was ours

But are we talking about tradition???

That will never pass as a current "clash strip"

Both next years and the candy stripe are at least versions of our previous strip and I for one think that the current has merrit.

A Version of the "candy stripe" was worn back in 1904.

Next years version was worn back in 1923...

The "Hot Cross" version is NOT a clash strip in today's AFL standards

I support the Clubs decision on looking back at the 'TRADITION' of the Club and acknologing it

esaint66
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
saint edward wrote:
1996 Ansett cup Premiers
1997 Grand final

* It was ours

But are we talking about tradition???

That will never pass as a current "clash strip"

Both next years and the candy stripe are at least versions of our previous strip and I for one think that the current has merrit.

A Version of the "candy stripe" was worn back in 1904.

Next years version was worn back in 1923...

The "Hot Cross" version is NOT a clash strip in today's AFL standards

I support the Clubs decision on looking back at the 'TRADITION' of the Club and acknologing it

Yes i'm with you, i personally love the new jumper, in fact it reminds me of Neil Roberts everytime i see it because of the word you have used TRADITION.

It was good to see that we didn't just stumble across this jumper and because it was popular make it more emphatic by using it in the season proper.

I'm with the club 100%

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

So just where is the "Admin Flogger" in everything the CLUB DOES???

b4e????

(notice I will never call your "barks" you just don't deserve it , and IMO you are an insult to the name and probably you GGF would be better served not following this Club.

Your insults about this Club's administration on several issues is just a total P1ss weak and then carry on about your GGF is just P1ss weak.

Your hype of "tradition" GET A CLUE! and look up the word "tradition" in our Clubs history and the Dictionary and then go to your GGF Grave site and pay his respects.

You clearly have no idea and just rant on with your agendas ...

GET A CLUE :idea:

S.A Saint
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:So just where is the "Admin Flogger" in everything the CLUB DOES???

b4e????

(notice I will never call your "barks" you just don't deserve it , and IMO you are an insult to the name and probably you GGF would be better served not following this Club.

Your insults about this Club's administration on several issues is just a total P1ss weak and then carry on about your GGF is just P1ss weak.

Your hype of "tradition" GET A CLUE! and look up the word "tradition" in our Clubs history and the Dictionary and then go to your GGF Grave site and pay his respects.

You clearly have no idea and just rant on with your agendas ...

GET A CLUE :idea:
i take it that your not his no1 fan lol.....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote: i take it that your not his no1 fan lol.....
Can't stand him and his destructive nature...

lol

He has a "target" and that's his focus ...

The target misses, as in Rix, it goes to something else the poster sets his focus to... :roll:

To be honest, I am sorry I have ever met him, and the last time he was wearing his Michael Rix badge...

And now it's the current administration :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:On a side note, re merchandise, does anyone else agree with me that the price of the "Official AFL" home and clash jumpers for 2009 are way over the odds?

(Not that it is any different to previous years).

It is for this reason that I refuse to buy current stock and have and will only purchase clearance Saints items (from our club or course - keep all the profits at the club!).
100% agree SP..the AFL Shop in particular is one the greatest rip-off stores in retailing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I was never really taken by the Candy stripe jumper. I mean, it was passable, but too 'generic' as it looked like so many other footy jumpers like Collingwood, Hawthorn, Nth Melbourne, etc. The cross jumper however was undoubtedly & distinctively ST.KILDA

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972