Hypothetical: if St Kilda don't make the 8 next year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:This thread..proudly brought to you by the people who will be discussing after Round 13 who to delist 8-)
Round 13, bugger that, how about round 6? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:This thread..proudly brought to you by the people who will be discussing after Round 13 who to delist 8-)
I think this thread may have been delivered by those that have been promised the earth but delivered shite......

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

st.byron wrote:1. Rod Butterss
2. Kingston Council
3. Moving to Seaford
4. Kosi
5. Stinger
I like number 5. :lol: :wink: :lol: Poor sting.....

marksnsparks
Club Player

Robert Walls tipping us for the grand final AGAIN!!!

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

If we're going to play hypotheticals I'd rather think of who we'll be giving the creidt to when we win the flag (I know I'm dreaming but if you're going to dream, dream big).

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

remboy wrote:If we're going to play hypotheticals I'd rather think of who we'll be giving the creidt to when we win the flag (I know I'm dreaming but if you're going to dream, dream big).
Bingo! :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I will ask questions on..

1) the playing group
2) the coaching staff
3) the conditioning staff
4) the board

in that order......

fact is, we should make the 8, therefore if we do not.......there needs to be a consequence

Beekay
SS Life Member

If we didn't make the 8, here is what I would do.

1) Draft BigMart
2) Add him to the coaching staff
3) Add him to the conditioning staff
4) Make him President

In that order.

Although I think he might be "conditioning" from the start to the finish of this process.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I will ask questions on..

1) the playing group
2) the coaching staff
3) the conditioning staff
4) the board

in that order......

fact is, we should make the 8, therefore if we do not.......there needs to be a consequence
Good stuff Marto - straight to the point. Everyone at the club must take some degree of responsibility if we do not make the 8 next year. Quite simply, we HAVE to make the 8 - or there is something seriously wrong.

The Saints are coming!
Saints94
SS Life Member

Rebuild :idea: :cry:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

we will need to look at what went awfully wrong...face it we are a top 4 team...we shouldnt be struggling to make the 8...

with the gold coast concessions we will not recieve high-enough picks for trading away a superstar (or at least a superstar in our eyes) so its basically pointless

i think we could be in deep poop if somehow things went array...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:we will need to look at what went awfully wrong...face it we are a top 4 team...we shouldnt be struggling to make the 8...

with the gold coast concessions we will not recieve high-enough picks for trading away a superstar (or at least a superstar in our eyes) so its basically pointless

i think we could be in deep poop if somehow things went array...
That would be awry. Array is putting things in order.

Anyway, we were a top 4 team last year and in the world of sport you are only as good as your last game, which wasn't much good.

We just scraped into the 8 and somehow finished 4th.

We may well struggle to make the 8 next year. Several teams will improve dramatically and if we don't rise to another level we'll be left behind.

There is not much between 4th and 10th.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There were sides lurking just outside the eight up until the last rounds, given that they had a sniff right up until the very end....well they will be hungry.

If we don't make the eight, then I would question the fire in the belly.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:There were sides lurking just outside the eight up until the last rounds, given that they had a sniff right up until the very end....well they will be hungry.

our best players are good enough to carry us to a place in the 8

what supporters should expect is nothing worse than top 4

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:There were sides lurking just outside the eight up until the last rounds, given that they had a sniff right up until the very end....well they will be hungry.

our best players are good enough to carry us to a place in the 8

what supporters should expect is nothing worse than top 4
I totally agree, we have the talent and should finish in the eight....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If the senior players on our list all play to their utmost ability and there is natural progression of the younger players, we will finish top 4.

Unfortunately last year a couple of our senior players didn't put in 100% and the progression of the younger brigade stuttered. We still finished 4th.

If the coaching panel can get the best possible out of the list and we have a good year injury wise, we will finish top 4 again.

If we falter we will miss the 8. That's how tight the competition is.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Shades
Club Player

i blame it on brooks

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

And if we do make it into the 8... how many of the negative nuffies are going to bare the bums in Bourke St and admit they were wrong?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:And if we do make it into the 8... how many of the negative nuffies are going to bare the bums in Bourke St and admit they were wrong?
i dont know if its arrogance however i would be damn dissapointed if we didnt finish in the top 4

as said previously, unless half the squad jumps off a cliff we are obvious top 8's

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:And if we do make it into the 8... how many of the negative nuffies are going to bare the bums in Bourke St and admit they were wrong?
i dont know if its arrogance however i would be damn dissapointed if we didnt finish in the top 4

as said previously, unless half the squad jumps off a cliff we are obvious top 8's
Does that make us blind-following Ross Lyon idol-worshippers? :lol:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

don't start :P

i don't know about others however i see us in a good position for coming years to at least be in the 4, if not top 3 as the doggies aren't much chop

logically we have a top core if not the best core in the league all over the ground...now the club needs to develop the bottom 6 and develop them into top 18 players...don't know how you do it but hey...

someone has to have faith in ross the boss...i mean blind faith :shock:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:

don't start :P

i don't know about others however i see us in a good position for coming years to at least be in the 4, if not top 3 as the doggies aren't much chop

logically we have a top core if not the best core in the league all over the ground...now the club needs to develop the bottom 6 and develop them into top 18 players...don't know how you do it but hey...

someone has to have faith in ross the boss...i mean blind faith :shock:
Caught up for dinner with a mate last whom I've been going to the footy for 21 years. He made a valid point (albeit not one to hang your hat on), that Nth lost quite a few Prelims before winning the flag in 96, and so did Port.

I can see his point, but maybe it is clutching at straws somewhat.

Now we have an average age of 22, which argues you well for the next few yaers, provided we can develop players correctly. And I do not believe we've seen the best of Dal, BJ, Chips, Raph and Gram.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Onya Beekay.....good input :roll:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:Robert Walls tipping us for the grand final AGAIN!!!
Put the link up

sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:whatever...
finally somebody who understands

wheres this sp2008

he would agree with you as well

what we don't need is any more gr eat s at this club
So you got nothing better to do than bait people? (Pot kettle black, comes to mind) If you want to have a dig, at least have the balls to do so directly. And you reckon I've got mental issues.
not mental issues really

just problems with delusions
Dude, we had this discussion last week. Ok?

I didn't bait you. You wanna make infantile comments about other threads, that's your call. Keep me out of it.

(
WayneJudson42 wrote: Dude, you're to easy to bait... always have to have the last word, don't you.[/
)

If you're going to argue the point, at least get your facts correct regarding who said what. Last week, you accused me of being the type of loser supporter who holds the club back. Now you're having a dig because I have an opinion about idol worshipers? ("Idol worshippers ", to tell you the truth I think it all evens out in the end, considering the lack of recognition that Harvey got throughout his career from the media, why shouldn't supporters go over the top) Where did I state that Harvey held us back? Get real kid.

SP2008 can fight his own battles.

If you wanna play with the big boys... get a clue. If you want respect, (unlike you I do not chase respect on an Internet forum) try posting something intelligent for once.

I'm still waiting for you to put up the money for the bet, btw. But I doubt you'd have that sort of pocket money, or the guts to put your money where your big mouth is. Squibb. All p1ss and wind. (What bet?, I don't know what you're on about, first I have heard of any bet)

BIG keyboard hero. OOOh, please don't reort me to the mods. Ooooh, I'm sh1tting my pants again.

Now run along to bed before mummy comes home and catches you on the net.
I don't think your mummy comes home any more Does she, probably because you sh1t your pants all the time

you really should grow up and stop doing that

personally I would blame Richmond for picking up ben cousins

ooooo wait that's right we had the chance first
Last edited by sainteronline on Tue 16 Dec 2008 11:08am, edited 1 time in total.