The Richmond Situation Vs. Ours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:
I'm not blindly following them, I just happen to agree with them. I never felt like blindly following the previous admin when they were carrying on like a bunch of clowns.
Agree with them??

Which part??

I think the official line was that he's too old. Surely you don't believe that??

sainteronline

degruch wrote:

Tisk, tisk...just look at the derrision Ben Cousins has brought to our club :lol:
actually it was the club who brought the derision when they didn't bring Ben cousins to our club

degruch
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
degruch wrote:

Tisk, tisk...just look at the derrision Ben Cousins has brought to our club :lol:
actually it was the club who brought the derision when they didn't bring Ben cousins to our club
:roll:

sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
degruch wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Ahhh. Good morning LewinskyOnline.
do you have a problem with my sexuality

not that I am gay in any way shape or form

you're starting to sound a bit homophobic

do you have a problem with gays
Geez! This one's getting out of hand quickly...settle guys.
Not at all, buddy. Don't give a toss what you are. Maybe I'm gay?

And what if I was homophobic? It's a free country. what's it got to do with you?

However you do seem to feel the urge to constantly deny it... any reason why? You're strting to sound like you've got something to hide?

Or maybe you just don't like it when people give you a taste of your own medicine?
would you like to see the videos

there is not another male in them, only me and females, yes that's right females

but you know what they say about homophobics

it's because they don't like their urges (been feeling a bit aroused around George Michael have you)
Gee, I really got you rattled, LewinskyOnline. I thought you had my measure?

If you don't like it, quit insulting people all the time.

Denial, denial denial...

Actually don't mind GM's music. Doesn't do it for me, tho.

"hey you're just too funky for me..."

I'll tell you what. I'll stop annoying you, and you keep clear of my threads / posts.
you're the one that running scared

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Poor Rodgey feels abused and exploited. Sook! Just because we don't agree, we're blind followers. get a grip.
I don't feel abused and exploited at all. If I was still passionate and putting money into the club - they yes I would. But I'm not that stupid.

I'm not saying you're blind followers because we disagree. It's because you agree with the club - yet they haven't even told us why. So what are you agreeing with? If you don't know what you're agreeing with, then you are clearly blindly following them.
WayneJudson42 wrote: Now stop wasting your boss' time and do some work.
I don't have a boss. I'm on my own time.

bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
I'm not blindly following them, I just happen to agree with them. I never felt like blindly following the previous admin when they were carrying on like a bunch of clowns.
Agree with them??

Which part??

I think the official line was that he's too old. Surely you don't believe that??
Mate part of it is that he may be too old. There could be any number of reasons, but it is a personal situation. I dont think being public about such personal issues is good form. And if you think the board should be publicly stating reasons, you are more naive than I gave you credit for.

You youngins should take less drugs and get more sleep...it helps with the paranoia
Last edited by bob__71 on Thu 18 Dec 2008 10:05am, edited 1 time in total.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
degruch wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Ahhh. Good morning LewinskyOnline.
do you have a problem with my sexuality

not that I am gay in any way shape or form

you're starting to sound a bit homophobic

do you have a problem with gays
Geez! This one's getting out of hand quickly...settle guys.
Not at all, buddy. Don't give a toss what you are. Maybe I'm gay?

And what if I was homophobic? It's a free country. what's it got to do with you?

However you do seem to feel the urge to constantly deny it... any reason why? You're strting to sound like you've got something to hide?

Or maybe you just don't like it when people give you a taste of your own medicine?
would you like to see the videos

there is not another male in them, only me and females, yes that's right females

but you know what they say about homophobics

it's because they don't like their urges (been feeling a bit aroused around George Michael have you)
Gee, I really got you rattled, LewinskyOnline. I thought you had my measure?

If you don't like it, quit insulting people all the time.

Denial, denial denial...

Actually don't mind GM's music. Doesn't do it for me, tho.

"hey you're just too funky for me..."

I'll tell you what. I'll stop annoying you, and you keep clear of my threads / posts.
you're the one that running scared
Oh Lweinsky online... surely you don't believe that do you? If I was scared, I would have backdown ages ago.

Anyway, whatever dude... I've got work to do. You go and play with your skeletons in your closet.

There's no need to feel ashamed of who you are. Be PROUD... be PROUD. Tel the world... SHOUT it LOUD!

Catchya at the Mardi Gras next year. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:[quote
There's no need to feel ashamed of who you are. Be PROUD... be PROUD. Tel the world... SHOUT it LOUD!

Catchya at the Mardi Gras next year. :lol:
see I knew you had the hots for me

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

This thread is very close to being locked

Any further personal comments will result in a warning

WJ42, your name calling and general baiting in this thread do your normal high standard of posting a disservice

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:This thread is very close to being locked

WJ42, your name calling and general baiting in this thread do your normal high standard of posting a disservice
sorry mum.. but the guy is a serial pest.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:

sorry mum.. but the guy is a serial pest.
you forgot (imho)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Any chance you can just lock it for being a pathetic thread? No joke, this and the endless Carlton threads s*** me to tears...if the club spent as much time looking in the rear vision mirror as some of our supporters do, we'd never go anywhere. Comparing ourselves to clubs far below us achieves nothing, neither does pining after their 'star recruits'. Does anyone care how we're gonna knock the Hawks the Cats and the Doggies off this year?

sainteronline

degruch wrote: Does anyone care how we're gonna knock the Hawks the Cats and the Doggies off this year?
yes I do

and I think it would have been a dam sight easier with Ben cousins

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bob__71 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
Agree with them??

Which part??

Mate part of it is that he may be too old. There could be any number of reasons, but it is a personal situation. I dont think being public about such personal issues is good form. And if you think the board should be publicly stating reasons, you are more naive than I gave you credit for.

You youngins should take less drugs and get more sleep...it helps with the paranoia
Not my conversation, but you explain that well old fella. :wink:

People seem to overlook the the sensitive position the club was in...

Yep, tell everyone that they didn't believe he was clean? smart move. :roll:

Let's use some logic here....

1- If they thought he was too old, they wouldn't have chased him for so long.

2- If the sponsors had misgivings, they would have told the club early in the piece. And the club would have abandoned it's pursuit.

3- what did Collingwood know? It was risky for them also, given the Didak / Shaw episode. If they were 100% satisfied with BC's behaviour (IMO) they would have taken the risk. But they did not. And if ever there was a club that loves the spotlight for marketing purposes... it's the filth.

4- Brisbane was interested,but did a massive U-turn.

5- draw your own conclusions.

Would it have been nice for the club to make public the REAL reason? Yes, it would. But realistically, could they?

And Rodge, if you feel like an abused revenue stream, I'm sure there are 15 other clubs who will embrace you as one of their own.

Just remember that when you fill out your membership form you add the following clauses...

- the club hereby agrees to email me every day and tell me how much they appreciate my financial support

- the club hereby agrees that they will send me cards for my birthday and Christmas... and furthermore, the cheersquad will place "We Love Rodger Fox" on all banners for away games.

- the club hereby agrees to abstain from any decisions unless it puts every idea to a referrendum, so the mebers can have real input as to how the club is run.

- In return, I pledge allience to the club and promise to deliver my "insightfull" commentary via the Fox Report every week without fail, so that the club can learn and grow into genuine contenders.

There you go RF, that should do it.

Good luck with whatever club you decide upon. We'll miss you.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
degruch wrote: Does anyone care how we're gonna knock the Hawks the Cats and the Doggies off this year?
yes I do

and I think it would have been a dam sight easier with Ben cousins
Well, over the last month or so since we ditched Benny, I've been looking forward to Jack Steven tearing out of the centre to kick the winning goal, just like he did against the Cats in the NAB Cup. Maybe BC's hamstrings will explode whilst he's chasing him? But, I'm more excited by the expectation that I am indulging in what if's at this stage.

There's another thread on this subject, one without all the personal insults. I reckon one on this dead issue should be enough.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
People seem to overlook the the sensitive position the club was in...
My opinion on this has always been that the club should have said nothing at all.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Any chance you can just lock it for being a pathetic thread? No joke, this and the endless Carlton threads s*** me to tears
You keep posting in it - why not just ignore it?

And lower the insults guys.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
degruch wrote:Any chance you can just lock it for being a pathetic thread? No joke, this and the endless Carlton threads s*** me to tears

Yep, you're right you know...well spotted. The entire forum has been hijacked by this crap, so I'm supposed to ignore it? What about we just lock the thread, keep it to one and make everyone happy? Mods??

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Yep, you're right you know...well spotted. The entire forum has been hijacked by this crap, so I'm supposed to ignore it? What about we just lock the thread, keep it to one and make everyone happy? Mods??
No. If the insults return, then it will be locked.

The Cousins talk will die down - but don't expect supporters just to agree with the club on everything it does. We have a right to speak out when we disagree on certain issues. The club knew it would infuriate the supporters when they turned him down - having promised us they were interested - and they should be prepared to deal with the consequences of that.

And you're not forced to log on here, or even check this thread. You know full well that for the next few weeks, a lack of footy talk will invariably lead to people talking about Cousins and why we should have taken him.

I certainly won't stop them (I might move the odd thread to the Oppo forum if it doesn't pertain to us), because it's an issue that affects our club deeply - it leads to questions about our club culture, the fragility/strength of our playing group, the relationships we have with our sponsors, key stakeholders and supporters. Not to mention, it also suggests the club disagrees with the majority of the supporters in believing that our midfield is strong enough to win a premiership. It also begs the question - are we embarking on a youth policy or not? Are we trying to stay competitive whilst developing quality youth without rebuilding, ala Sydney (again)?

It's an extremely pertinant issue that goes far, far beyond the recruitment of the player who now players for Richmond. It says a lot about where our footy club is at, both on and off field, and may give us an insight into where those at the club feel we are heading.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

The Cousins talk will die down - but don't expect supporters just to agree with the club on everything it does. We have a right to speak out when we disagree on certain issues. The club knew it would infuriate the supporters when they turned him down - having promised us they were interested - and they should be prepared to deal with the consequences of that.

And you're not forced to log on here, or even check this thread. You know full well that for the next few weeks, a lack of footy talk will invariably lead to people talking about Cousins and why we should have taken him.

I certainly won't stop them (I might move the odd thread to the Oppo forum if it doesn't pertain to us), because it's an issue that affects our club deeply - it leads to questions about our club culture, the fragility/strength of our playing group, the relationships we have with our sponsors, key stakeholders and supporters. Not to mention, it also suggests the club disagrees with the majority of the supporters in believing that our midfield is strong enough to win a premiership. It also begs the question - are we embarking on a youth policy or not? Are we trying to stay competitive whilst developing quality youth without rebuilding, ala Sydney (again)?

It's an extremely pertinant issue that goes far, far beyond the recruitment of the player who now players for Richmond. It says a lot about where our footy club is at, both on and off field, and may give us an insight into where those at the club feel we are heading.
The majority of supporters? why not do a snap poll on here. as for the majority... are you privvy to info we're not?

Out of 30,000 members, you're stating that at least 15,001 disagree with the club??

More baseless opinions stated to suit your argument. This is where it becomes annoying.

markp
Saintsational Legend

We'll know in 9 months whether we have shot ourselves in the foot or not here.... but the Board should be held to account if it turns out we have, and not hide behind weasel statements like "at the time we determined that Ben did not fit into our plans going forward or with the youth policy we have put in place blah blah blah, we are delighted that Ben has managed to get his health and life back on track, as we always maintained it was blah blah blah, we also take this opportunity congratulate Ben on winning this years blah blah blah...."

It was worth a roll of the dice, if he'd stuffed up once he would have been gawn in a heartbeat.... if we finish forth behind daylight, the dorks and girlong again next year it will really suck.

I really hope we have made the right call.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Nice point, you're reading far too much into the issue IMO (I'm sure BC also held the key to crack the Da Vinci Code too), but well executed.

My point, other than BC threads running riot, is it is a pity some posters don't get the chance to voice an opinion properly when the thread they're reading is hijacked by yahoos who prefer to insult eachother and make no point! You guys need to keep an eye on it, as this thread broke just about all your forum rules about 5 pages ago...you know who the main protagonists are.

Yeah, I'm not forced to log on or read this thread, but generally this forum is a great place to check out other peoples opinions and 'discuss', so why should I sit on my hands and see it SPAMmed 50 times over with the same persons opinions and abuse over and over...this one went a bit too far.

bob__71
Club Player

markp wrote:We'll know in 9 months whether we have shot ourselves in the foot or not here.... but the Board should be held to account if it turns out we have, and not hide behind weasel statements like "at the time we determined that Ben did not fit into our plans going forward or with the youth policy we have put in place blah blah blah, we are delighted that Ben has managed to get his health and life back on track, as we always maintained it was blah blah blah, we also take this opportunity congratulate Ben on winning this years blah blah blah...."

It was worth a roll of the dice, if he'd stuffed up once he would have been gawn in a heartbeat.... if we finish forth behind daylight, the dorks and girlong again next year it will really suck.

I really hope we have made the right call.
But the board didnt think it was worth a roll of the dice. Its not a case of right or wrong call. Its just one of many decisions that need to be made. None of the actual parties involved seems upset by StKilda not drafiting Ben, only a few supporters on this forum.

And I personally think most Saints supporters view is they wish Ben well and they are looking forward to another year of watching their team play footy. I think Richmond are welcome to the Media circus.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I honestly believe what happened was your classic case of "group think".

It is well known that humans behave this way in groups. Once someone had publically made a decision (Collingwood) - everyone went along with the public thought process out of fear that any deviation from the group would be embarrasing - i.e noone wants to look like an idiot in public - better to go with the group even it is wrong because then hey - at least you were all wrong together which is not so bad. Now even if cuz does well the other 15 clubs willl feel good about themselves - safe in the knowledge they all behaved together (wrongly).

So once a few herd leaders spoke (Eddie) - the rest of the herd fell in to line. Classic group think. Plenty of studies in the 60's and 70's on this kind of thing.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can someone summarise this post in under 1,000 words please, so I don't have to read 14 pages of utter crappola?

Ta!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.