we can but dream- at this point

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

we can but dream- at this point

and plan ..

word of mouth and a belief in the TEAM will help as well
Hawks first Vic club to crack 30k members
- first to crack it before christmas- :( :(

more members means more funds means better options on and off field... and few more supporters with Connections willing to dig as deep as possible.... $$$$

still time this year- to get your name in as being a saint.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Maybe if the money hungry bastards at the STKFC didn't treat their members with contempt and like s.hite we may have more members.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

pfft, 30K what a smokescreen! They sign bloody pets up down there! Take the pets out, the taswegians out, the pets offspring out, and what you left with?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Maybe if the money hungry bastards at the STKFC didn't treat their members with contempt and like s.hite we may have more members.
the same ..... theme went through the hawks as well JB

and they aren't even under cover at the G- but still have to - go the next level- without options-

sorry to hear you haven't been able to work through it.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Maybe if the money hungry bastards at the STKFC didn't treat their members with contempt and like s.hite we may have more members.

and they aren't even under cover at the G- but still have to - go the next level- without options-

mate, I would by 5 memberships if my team would win a flag. Our club continues to underperform and play a crap defensive brand half the time, and then want us to pay more for seats that people have sat in for years.

BTW I already had a SC membership, and could easily afford the membership and L2 seat, but it was the principle of treating long term paying members like s.hite.

Well the club can get stuffed. Hope the greedy bastards fall flat on their faces.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

iwantmeseats wrote:pfft, 30K what a smokescreen! They sign bloody pets up down there! Take the pets out, the taswegians out, the pets offspring out, and what you left with?
Thanks for the insult. Should we take the "taswegians" out of our membership list? :evil: :evil:
Should I cancel my sponsorship of our sites players?
I saw an advert on tele last night where for $160, I could get seats for all Dawks games hers as well as admission to other events at Aurora Stadium. This includes at least 1 A League game.
I have renewed my membership with our club & will continue to in the future.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
sainter35
Club Player

Launcestonsaint wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:pfft, 30K what a smokescreen! They sign bloody pets up down there! Take the pets out, the taswegians out, the pets offspring out, and what you left with?
Thanks for the insult. Should we take the "taswegians" out of our membership list? :evil: :evil:
I saw an advert on tele last night where for $160, I could get seats for all Dawks games hers as well as admission to other events at Aurora Stadium. This includes at least 1 A League game.
I have renewed my membership with our club & will continue to in the future.
He's wrong anyway.

The 4 game Tasmania membership count in their official figures, just like the 5 game country/interstate memberships count for us. The non-ticketed memberships (ie pet memberships) aren't included in that figure.

They're flying, as we no doubt would be if we were coming off a premiership. That's the challenge for us.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

mate, I would by 5 memberships if my team would win a flag. Our club continues to underperform and play a crap defensive brand half the time, and then want us to pay more for seats that people have sat in for years.

BTW I already had a SC membership, and could easily afford the membership and L2 seat, but it was the principle of treating long term paying members like s.hite.

Well the club can get stuffed. Hope the greedy bastards fall flat on their faces.
Good on you Joffaboy.

Whilst I'm a L3 reserved seat "nothing", the attitude of our club at times is disgusting and very unprofessional....not just this instance but several other times.

I, for one, hope that Archie gets the GC17 gig so we can get a different CEO, hopefully one who is a bit more in touch with the fans and general feeling we, as long term members/supporters, have towards our club.

The only way will get close to 40K members (forget 50K!), is to win a flag. Nothing else will get us within cooee of that number.

At best, I reckon 30K will be our number for 2009, unless we win a huge proportion of our first 6 games and score heavily also.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

It also has something to do with the deal we got at Telstra Dome compared to the likes of Essendon.

Essendon, have a far larger area for members on Level 2.

I really feel that all Clubs should basically have the same deal.

Just what is the point of "home ground advantage"???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Essendon are the "marquee" tenant at TD and will always continue to be..its contracted that no other TD tenant is allwoed to match the deals they get.

They get L3 reserved seats for free (ie whatever they charge is pure profit) and they make money from that Merch shop behind the Coventry end goals.

Hey JB..I unerstand where you are coming from..Id be pyssed off too in your (and AOK, Fireman and others) scenario...what happened to you joining us "unwashed" next year?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Essendon are the "marquee" tenant at TD and will always continue to be..its contracted that no other TD tenant is allwoed to match the deals they get.

They get L3 reserved seats for free (ie whatever they charge is pure profit) and they make money from that Merch shop behind the Coventry end goals.

Hey JB..I unerstand where you are coming from..Id be pyssed off too in your (and AOK, Fireman and others) scenario...what happened to you joining us "unwashed" next year?
P11s poor IMO...

Just what is "home ground advantage"???

It means a lot to a few clubs...

Essendon
WCE
Freo
Port
Crows
Collingwood

But to me that's wrong and joffaboy has every right to jump up and down, but the direction should be directed to the Telstra Dome (or what ever they call themselves now)

I feel for Joffaboy and Fireman and any other supporter, it just sucks

And that's why these Clubs make more and more profit..

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
jays
Club Player

hawkes will crack 40000 easy

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

jays wrote:hawkes will crack 40000 easy
they are aiming for 50,000 so I'm sure they will to

the challenge for Saints is to get anywhere near 40,000 :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Bob Hawke? Or Hazel Hawke? :shock: :wink:

Hawks should rightly expect 40k members after a flag.

Geez, i remember that if we got 12,000 at a game... we had a sellout. Times have changed.

But our club needs to harness something. The Hawks have traded on their "family club" image for a while now.

I think the cutting of the members magazine was a real mistake. Members need to feel embraced if the club wants loyalty. There are so many ideas including "family" training days and such.

There's an old marketing axiom that states it's 10 times easier to sell to an existing customer, than it is to a new one.

I reckon the club should also embark in a "youth policy" for supporters by giving them more access to players etc. If you can get them to join young and then nurture them... you have a member for the next 20 to 40 years. Talk about "repeat business".

Just look at how McD's go about it. Very powerful stuff.

They could also leverage off the Sacred Heart work in a greater way. Any corporation with half a clue understands the importance of a stron alliance to a cause.

Instead of playing for these token cups, they could make an event of treating the Sacred Heart people to a special night, where they can name the BOG or whatever.

End of rant. Xmas does funny things to my brains, ya know.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:

We will be lucky to reach 30,000 with our fickle whingey fans :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

We will be lucky to reach 30,000 with our fickle whingey fans :roll:
get those queenslanders on b aord bev- You will see enough of the team next year-- money well spent..... BUT they will need to be in BY FEb..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Surely the ridiculous draw will scare off a number of members. We have gone from one of the most watched prime time TV teams to an also ran playing twilight games on a Sunday afternoon.
No jumping up and down from the board, so I guess all is OK.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
linz
Club Player

I suppose we can whinge as much as we like but it isn't going to change anything. Unlike previous years no one (except a few) have any high expectations for '09.

I however think that Lyon will be a super coach and I think we might surprise several so called experts this year.

Then again, I've been saying the same 'ole thing for the past 3 decades.

One word of advice though: Before throwing manure at the running of the club by the administrators;

Just remember that these people are often doing this as unpaid supporters of the club. They donate their time & money to the club so giveemago.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Re: we can but dream- at this point

saintbrat wrote:and plan ..

word of mouth and a belief in the TEAM will help as well
Hawks first Vic club to crack 30k members
- first to crack it before christmas- :( :(

more members means more funds means better options on and off field... and few more supporters with Connections willing to dig as deep as possible.... $$$$

still time this year- to get your name in as being a saint.
Fair few must be bandwagoners...

milney044
Club Player

The boys prefer playing on a Sunday arvo having said so themselves, according to them it is better in terms of preperation and physically and mentally getting ready for the game. That is good enough for me, paid up member- but i would be regardless.

On a side note i don't agree with making reserved seat holders social club members.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Pilgram
Club Player

its a good point that you make milney044.

friday night football fizzers in 2008 were over-rated from a television spectacle perspective. most of the fixtures were blowouts.

the acid test will come in round three with WBD and RICH on monday afternoon @ TD.

LennyBoy
Club Player

Pilgram wrote:its a good point that you make milney044.

friday night football fizzers in 2008 were over-rated from a television spectacle perspective. most of the fixtures were blowouts.

the acid test will come in round three with WBD and RICH on monday afternoon @ TD.
Given our failures to perform under lights on a Friday Night in the past - its a very good thing for the Club.

We do however have 2 Friday Night Games in the first four rounds - get them out of the way early. :wink:

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
milney044
Club Player

shouldn't a certain someone be working hmmm :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
LennyBoy
Club Player

At best, I reckon 30K will be our number for 2009, unless we win a huge proportion of our first 6 games and score heavily also.
Good call. We do have a very tough start to the season, but I totally agree with you about this....

Having a stab - after 6 games what will be our win / loss record and average points scored per game....

4 Wins / 2 Loses - 82.4 points per game

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I noticed none of our club posters have barked up on this thread.

You're only too happy to stand up for the club on other matters, but why aren't you defending the club on this occaision?

Is it because you're embarrased at how you've treated the fans?

One thing I'll say about the 'early' days of GT/RB (2002-5) - by golly, they made you want to feel a part of it. They were building something exciting, and they wanted you to be a part of the club.

Inviting members to training, embracing community camps, encouraging fans to get vocal, treating us like we were the lifeblood of the club...never was I prouder to be a Saint.

Unfortunately, their focus was taken elsewhere after this period, but I'll never forget how much of a St Kilda 'community' developed during those few years.

I pay my money to the club to feel a part of the club I love - not because I like being treated like a pathetic freak who worships the club and will pay whatever you choose to charge us.

The fans are better than that. Make us believe in the St Kilda community again - because we are the club.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.