we can but dream- at this point

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="evertonfc"]I noticed none of our club posters have barked up on this thread.

[quote]

Holidays? :idea:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints94
SS Life Member

Hey everyone I havn't posted on here for ages so Merry Christmas and a happy new and safe year :)

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

everton that is one thing you and i both agree on.
I really felt a part of the club back then now i just feel like a number or some moron who pays them money to be quiet and not have a say.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I noticed none of our club posters have barked up on this thread.

Holidays? :idea:
Piss weak excuse.

REAL hardcore forumites would find access to a Puter whilst away wherever they are to post on here (...says I who was away since 31 December without internet access!!!!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:I noticed none of our club posters have barked up on this thread.

You're only too happy to stand up for the club on other matters, but why aren't you defending the club on this occaision?

Is it because you're embarrased at how you've treated the fans?

One thing I'll say about the 'early' days of GT/RB (2002-5) - by golly, they made you want to feel a part of it. They were building something exciting, and they wanted you to be a part of the club.

Inviting members to training, embracing community camps, encouraging fans to get vocal, treating us like we were the lifeblood of the club...never was I prouder to be a Saint.

Unfortunately, their focus was taken elsewhere after this period, but I'll never forget how much of a St Kilda 'community' developed during those few years.

I pay my money to the club to feel a part of the club I love - not because I like being treated like a pathetic freak who worships the club and will pay whatever you choose to charge us.

The fans are better than that. Make us believe in the St Kilda community again - because we are the club.
That's alomost amusing EFC. Not being personal BTW...

During THAT period, I didn't fell any closer than I do now. I attended a few Neil Roberts luncheons and found Waldron willing to chat, but to be honest, the great man manager was always full of corporate speak and seemed aloof, as did Butterss.

I think the difference back then was the excitement factor when we started to turn things around... after the deflating period that was 1999 - 2002.

Not sure if I was made to feel more wanted... but I do know I wanted more to be a part of it because it was exciting. The excitement was intoxicating IMHO. I wanted to be a part of it because I loved it, and not because the club did anything special for me.

There was a Buzz.. which in the end, counted for zip.

These days, it's probably more of an anti-climax given the deeds of 2004 and 2005.

I don't mind the closed sessions because training shouldn't be run for the fans.. it's about match day preparation, and I can see the logic in not allowing opp spies see what we're doing.

That's my 20c worth.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.