Membership Debate 2009

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LennyBoy
Club Player

Membership Debate 2009

I am becoming more and more frustrated at the bickering and whinging between Saints Supporters over membership for the 2009 Season.

I say pay up or shut up - your either with us or your not. All these people saying they will abandon the club, not buy a membership or attend home games seriously if that is your attitude your not needed in my opinion.

I would be expecting between 26,000 and 28,000 members from what I am reading.

Consider this option:

For an extra $12 a season on each membership you would receive Connex Travel included on game day for the duration of the 2009 Season.

Worked in Adelaide in 2008 (for both the South Australian Teams with the Football Express) $8 per membership and numbers were steadily up.

Extra incentives like this worth a crack?

Just remember AAMI Stadium Membership 2009 - Approx $450+ (non reserved) and Saints Max $240ish - about 40% less than some many other sides in the competition.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

YOU NEED TO PUT WHIMGE & PAY INTO PERSPECTIVE

NO Whinge- YES Pay = Eccellent

YES Whinge-YES Pay = Tollerable

YES Whinge - NO Pay = Take note, but sort wheat from Chalf

NO Whinge - NO Pay = Try to convert

!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:YOU NEED TO PUT WHIMGE & PAY INTO PERSPECTIVE

NO Whinge- YES Pay = Eccellent

YES Whinge-YES Pay = Tollerable

YES Whinge - NO Pay = Take note, but sort wheat from Chalf

NO Whinge - NO Pay = Try to convert

!!
now who is on the sherry- I hope your not driving this afternoon................... :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

This forum has far too many negative whingers contributing to it.

They claim to be loyal supporters of the Club but because they regard themselves as more knowledgeable about all things football and beyond, whatever the Club comes up with, they, not having the brains to analyse the Club's position, take the opposite view just to see their post on screen and the reactions they may get.

These posters to whom I refer are not worth a pinch of shellgrit and should be totally ignored - the "real" supporters who are also members and contribute to the Club know to whom I refer.

GIVE THEM THE ARSE I SUGGEST as they are not wanted.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership Debate 2009

LennyBoy wrote:I am becoming more and more frustrated at the bickering and whinging between Saints Supporters over membership for the 2009 Season.

I say pay up or shut up - your either with us or your not. All these people saying they will abandon the club, not buy a membership or attend home games seriously if that is your attitude your not needed in my opinion.

Consider this option:

For an extra $12 a season on each membership you would receive Connex Travel included on game day for the duration of the 2009 Season.

Worked in Adelaide in 2008 (for both the South Australian Teams with the Football Express) $8 per membership and numbers were steadily up.

Just remember AAMI Stadium Membership 2009 - Approx $450+ (non reserved) and Saints Max $240ish - about 40% less than some many other sides in the competition.
were you a saints member on 08 lennyboy? :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

LennyBoy wrote:I am becoming more and more frustrated at the bickering and whinging between Saints Supporters over membership for the 2009 Season.

Consider this option:

So you reckon Connex would allow us to charge only an extra $12 for a year for 10 home games for transport?

I doubt it.

Perhaps $30 would be the best we could get from them IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

LennyBoy wrote: Just remember AAMI Stadium Membership 2009 - Approx $450+ (non reserved) and Saints Max $240ish - about 40% less than some many other sides in the competition.
But the thing with clubs like AC, WCE, etc is that memberships act as auctions for seats due to seating capacity and huge popularity. Supply and demand. It is a totally different situation that most Melb clubs (excepting Hawks, blues, filth) are envious of. An attitude of pay up or piss off, is not very wise, and will only alienate potential or existing members.
Let's just see if the clubs' off season decisions will have an affect on '09 memberships.

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i just pays me money every year and stfu........cheap at half the price.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: An attitude of pay up or piss off, is not very wise, and will only alienate potential or existing members.
Exactly. A club who has given its supporters one flag in a 110 years should fall at our feet for sticking with them.

But no - if you dont like paying $125 more for one game less and watching a boring defensive gameplan - just piss off.

No worries club - I have taken the hint.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i just pays me money every year and stfu........cheap at half the price.......
I will too stinger - but only half what I was paying. Still will get a membership but will save about $300.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JacksonsGirl
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
An attitude of pay up or piss off, is not very wise, and will only alienate potential or existing members.
Yeah a random poster's thoughts on the matter would really sway my decision to get a membership or not :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im happy with my membership
interstate membership costs 105 bucks and gets me into 5 games in melb, plus any games in sa where we are the away team (? well derrrr).
and we play here twice
so 7 games for 105 bucks....cant grumble about that huh.

granted it costs me plane fare for the melb games, but at 68 bucks return thru virgin im loving it.
already booked the saints v dogs game for the start of May about a fortnight ago 8-)

but i can understand why a lot of Melb peeps are complaining about the changes that are happening.
if i was in melb, id go for the 16 game membership, that'd do me

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I still think the whole L2 / Social CLub change has been handled badly..just thought I'd put things in perspective as far as the "world stage" is concerned..

I did a bit of 'net research on other major sporting clubs and memberships. Some info was easier to find than others..but I came across these details on how we comapre world-wide..

1. A Platinum membeship of Arsenal, allowing you a (albeit very good) seat to see all their games at their stadium in a season (including FA Cup etc) is 2600 POUNDS....and theres a waiting list

2. Boston Red Sox. Couldnt find any season ticket info..but seats to a home game start at US$26.00...to about US$200..oh and they have close to EIGHTY HOME GAMES A YEAR!!!!. Just as an aside, you cant take any food or drink (or containers) into their games except sealed 600ml bottles of water. Also no passouts under any circumstances.

3. Inter Milan. A season ticket for 19 home games (not including Champions League) will cost you from 145-5,500 EUROS. OH and if you buy a ticket in advance for any game..you have to show Photo ID upon entry to prove you were the ticket purchaser. Too bad if you caught a cold the night before. Oh...and ladies..all females qualify for concession rates at Serie A games :shock:

4. Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL). Season passes rarely come on sale..so I pretended to buy a ticket for their home game this Tuesday night. Best available..pretty good seat close to the action..Id think the same as Level 1 seat about 1/2 way back at TD...mine for the bargain price of CA$218.00...plus booking fee :shock:

Suddenly the Sainters dont seem bad value eh?
Last edited by saint66au on Fri 26 Dec 2008 11:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: 1. A Platinum membeship of Arsenal, allowing you a (albeit very good) seat to see all their games at their stadium in a season (including FA Cup etc) is 2600 POUNDS....and theres a waiting list
friggin hell, five and a half grand!
with the size of the population over there i spose they will get the money no matter what cost they stipulate.

at least ya get cup games included :P

zebraman
Club Player

when I used to go and watch Arsenal back in the 70's it cost me 70 pence to stand on the North Bank...a pint pre match and one at 1/2 time plus a packet of crisps and I'd spent nearly 3 quid!...at 177 $ for a ticket to St Kilda next year...reckon that's good value

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:This forum has far too many negative whingers contributing to it.

They claim to be loyal supporters of the Club but because they regard themselves as more knowledgeable about all things football and beyond, whatever the Club comes up with, they, not having the brains to analyse the Club's position, take the opposite view just to see their post on screen and the reactions they may get.

These posters to whom I refer are not worth a pinch of shellgrit and should be totally ignored - the "real" supporters who are also members and contribute to the Club know to whom I refer.

GIVE THEM THE ARSE I SUGGEST as they are not wanted.
I take the opposite view to this post...OH! There's my name!!!

What about non-members with a positive contribution to this forum (hint)? Or members with negative contributions to this forum? Whilst I agree that membership for our club is a great thing, I didn't know it was a prerequisite for having an opinion.

jays
Club Player

who cares it helps keep the club you love alive