Membership ain't easy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Membership ain't easy

Love the club, but signing up each year isn't as simple as it should be. I buy six memberships and continually have to call the membership department each year to quiz them on
- unauthorized upgrades to Social Club membership
- non receipt of membership cards two days before the opening game
- correct mailing details
This year they tell me they can't make the necessary credit card transaction and it must be something wrong with MY card. No one else is having any problems. This letter wasn't even addressed to me, but my son. I was lucky to see it at all.
Maybe these are problems that all AFL clubs experience, I don't know. I just wish things were a little more professional.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
RoseInOz
Club Player

I also received a letter like this, about my credit card, and on 23rd at 3pm (we don't have day-light saving) so it was too late to ring the club. I have the funds there to process the membership. Does anyone know when the membership department will be open so I can try to sort it out?

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest probably the 2nd or 3rd of Jan?

Worth ringing the club even just to listen to the message machine to find out when they are re-opening after Christmas.

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: Membership ain't easy

Longwayfromhome wrote:Love the club, but signing up each year isn't as simple as it should be. I buy six memberships and continually have to call the membership department each year to quiz them on
This year they tell me they can't make the necessary credit card transaction and it must be something wrong with MY card. No one else is having any problems. This letter wasn't even addressed to me, but my son. I was lucky to see it at all.
Maybe these are problems that all AFL clubs experience, I don't know. I just wish things were a little more professional.
I have got to agree about the membership. Some things have improved such as they now seem to recognise my card this year.

The process still needs refinement to make this even simpler. If you dont want to roll over the membership and use the website once your account number and password let you in why not ask the question. Do you want to update? IF YES, ask the question about the card if the expiry date has been passed. Nothing more is required.

One very mnor issue was my wifes membership no was only 6 digits. The first was 0 but this wasn't shown on the paperwork sent to me. It was sorted but why do these little things occur?

, but the process should be very simple without having to pass over personal details and cut to the

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Hmm, that seems strange, I had my membership sorted out in 10 minutes this year and last year, it was a bloody hassle and a half when I used to sign up outside the stadium on gameday...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

5th Jan is return date for most at the club

but maybe give a ring and leave a message..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
RBnW
Club Player

I was on the rollover and it went smooth, every year it just rolls over easy.... :D

Our best is yet
to come......
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

RBnW wrote:I was on the rollover and it went smooth, every year it just rolls over easy.... :D
Yep I agree, easy as and never a problem.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
uncle joe
Club Player

Always a plus when they rollover easy ! ! !

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I always go to the club and pay in person ,either with cash or eftpos and
doing it that way seems to be problem free...

I did the same with my AFL membership for years until they made it payable at the Post Office....

:D

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
jays
Club Player

i did the same and its all good

RoseInOz
Club Player

It is a bit hard to pay in person when you are in Queensland.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership ain't easy

Longwayfromhome wrote:Love the club, but signing up each year isn't as simple as it should be. I buy six memberships and continually have to call the membership department each year to quiz them on
Are you on a "Rollover" membership? If so, have you got a NEW Credit Card in the past 12 months (new expiry date)?

Have you contacted Ben Hall, Membership Manager to advise him of these problems, especially auto upgrades and non-receipt of membership cards?

Collingwood receive plenty of negative press about memberships almost annually.

If you contact Ben, benh@saints.com.au I think you will find him very helpful in sorting out any problems you may be encountering !!

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Yeh. Same old credit card with a valid expiry date.
Thanks for the contact details at the club. Will be in touch as soon as the gang get back to work.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:It is a bit hard to pay in person when you are in Queensland.
Life wasn't meant to be easy....

Good luck getting your membership...

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Just a quick note for "rollover" members...

Banks can be a bit funny, and we've had occasions where a transaction is declined for no apparent reason... without the customer being aware of it.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.