Club or Entertainment?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Easy, soul mate. I think the guy's just saying that if people are aggrieved then they should take it up with the club. Pretty simple position TBH.

Whilst I am unaware, surely their must be proper channels to air ones frustrations? I also don't think a non-official club forum is the place to do it.

The whole... "the club watches this forum so they'll know" is a crap logic IMO.

Sometimes, you just gotta give people a wake up call or a kick up the butt. Sadly.
Thanks mate, you got it in one. I think the inferrence that I'd have majority support in regard to whether others care about 3 member's anger at this issue (seemingly with little action) being posted on this forum continuously, has got St Fid all tied up in knots.

That aside, as you've pointed out, the club is never gonna trawl through every 6 page thread to find out whether poster A beats poster B in an idealogical armwrestle - if issues like L2 seating allocation are that important to some members, their opinion needs to be delivered to the club direct and to the point, as personally as possible. Repeating the issue ad infinitum in an attempt to recruit an army of pissed off members (as one forumite is doing, not St Fid, to the best of my knowledge) is boring as hell and achieves nothing. I'm interested to know if anyone really cares enough to raise it at the AGM.
You two are bound to be made mods any moment now... then you can rate the worthiness of all the threads, and lock ones (like this) that obviously have no relevance to the Club or it's supporters at all (or just annoy you).... thus saving the forum entirely for vital news about Michael Gardiner's impending wedding, and the riveting 'where do ya reckon we'll finish on the ladder next year' threads.....

Until that time inevitably comes, maybe you should pull your heads in and let people discuss whatever they believe is worthy.

And try to avoid drinking alone.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I am not all "tied up in knots" and this does not directly effect me..

ARE YOU ABLE TO READ??

and now you get personal and state that some that disagree with the no communication are as boring as hell...

You would have to be the most ignorant and the most agranat poster I have had the displeasure to conduct a conversation.

Just what right do you have to say that WE (the forum) don't give a sh1t??

I feel that the majority of this forum feel that it was poorly treated, but again you seem to think you and the so called WE have to put down my thoughts..

You are an absolute joke if you think that the Club has done right and if you think that members have not voiced their opinion..

Again, don't bother posting if you think that your so called majority think that this is Sh1t and you truly believe the Club has done a good job..
Bless...I thought you weren't responding? You can't read at all, can you? You certainly can't spell. BTW, I think 'confident' is the word you're looking for. :)

Listen, there's a couple of you guys who really can't handle being told to voice your concern to the club - why is that? I would have to say that you are a minority, and the rest of us couldn't give a s*** about your positionif you're not going to do anything about it. Got it? You'll get far more tollerance for your POV from your fellow posters (well, me at least) if you tried to do something constructive about the issue. So you sent an email and Archie dismissed you...if it were me in your position I would have started preparing for a face off at the AGM.

Now go untwist your panties.

If anyone from the club is reading this, I'm interested in a position in your PR department...PM me. :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Easy, soul mate. I think the guy's just saying that if people are aggrieved then they should take it up with the club. Pretty simple position TBH.

Whilst I am unaware, surely their must be proper channels to air ones frustrations? I also don't think a non-official club forum is the place to do it.

Sometimes, you just gotta give people a wake up call or a kick up the butt. Sadly.
Thanks mate, you got it in one. I think the inferrence that I'd have majority support in regard to whether others care about 3 member's anger at this issue (seemingly with little action) being posted on this forum continuously, has got St Fid all tied up in knots.

That aside, as you've pointed out, the club is never gonna trawl through every 6 page thread to find out whether poster A beats poster B in an idealogical armwrestle - if issues like L2 seating allocation are that important to some members, their opinion needs to be delivered to the club direct and to the point, as personally as possible. Repeating the issue ad infinitum in an attempt to recruit an army of pissed off members (as one forumite is doing, not St Fid, to the best of my knowledge) is boring as hell and achieves nothing. I'm interested to know if anyone really cares enough to raise it at the AGM.
You two are bound to be made mods any moment now... then you can rate the worthiness of all the threads, and lock ones (like this) that obviously have no relevance to the Club or it's supporters at all (or just annoy you).... thus saving the forum entirely for vital news about Michael Gardiner's impending wedding, and the riveting 'where do ya reckon we'll finish on the ladder next year' threads.....

Until that time inevitably comes, maybe you should pull your heads in and let people discuss whatever they believe is worthy.

Discuss what you want tbh. The point I make is that perhaps supporters might be better off taking it up with the club.

Why is that so offensive?

I've contributed to the thread. So why say it's of no interest to me? Just because I disagree with certain views?

Where did I state I had a problem with the thread?

At least get your facts right and respect people's right to disagree... lest you embarrass yourself with posts such as this.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
markp wrote:
degruch wrote:

Discuss what you want tbh. The point I make is that perhaps supporters might be better off taking it up with the club.

Why is that so offensive?

I've contributed to the thread. So why say it's of no interest to me? Just because I disagree with certain views?

Where did I state I had a problem with the thread?

At least get your facts right and respect people's right to disagree... lest you embarrass yourself with posts such as this.
Yeah, I'm totally embarrassed....
I also don't think a non-official club forum is the place to do it.

But that is just wrong... this is exactly the place to do it, and the Club do watch the forum.

I obviously take more issue with your 'mate', but if you two are gonna give each other reach-arounds and defend each others posts, then you can expect to be tarred with the same brush.

Now there's a pleasant mental picture for a Sunday morning... :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:But that is just wrong... this is exactly the place to do it, and the Club do watch the forum.

I obviously take more issue with your 'mate', but if you two are gonna give each other reach-arounds and defend each others posts, then you can expect to be tarred with the same brush.

Now there's a pleasant mental picture for a Sunday morning... :wink:
You and your 'mate' just can't get your head around this can you? Maybe you should have a coffee first, then go and type something constructive instead of lame abuse.

"Blah, blah, blah, seating allocation, f***ed over by the club, blah, blah, blah, ignored my email, etc". Yeah, we know that. If you guys don't want to do something about this issue directly, go away...you've said your bit. We could all do without your taunts, so piss off.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I'm staggered that people don't think a Saints fan forum is the ideal place for supporters to discuss this topic.

It's perplexing to be honest.

Richter
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:You and your 'mate' just can't get your head around this can you? Maybe you should have a coffee first, then go and type something constructive instead of lame abuse.

"Blah, blah, blah, seating allocation, f***ed over by the club, blah, blah, blah, ignored my email, etc". Yeah, we know that. If you guys don't want to do something about this issue directly, go away...you've said your bit. We could all do without your taunts, so piss off.
Whilst it does seem to me that the L2 seating debacle seems to get into every thread at the moment... take a look at this thread's title.... "Club or entertainment?" Surely this is the very thread in which it IS relevant to bring it up.

Degruch you said that you would be on the phone lobbying others to speak up.... well surely venting on here like St Fid is doing is pretty much the same thing? There'll be plenty from here who go to the AGM - you can be sure that when the topic is raised there is a lot more awareness about it than if it wasn't discussed on here. Also there are plenty of members on here (of whom St Fid is one) who personally know each other from having met at the football and elsewhere.

I'd be staggered if the club doesn't keep an eye on here.... Saintsmedia posts for one.... also although we are merely an unofficial fan forum, we do contribute to player sponsorship - times four! Who's to say that next year it won't be 5 or 6? Piss the supporters group off... and whilst we'll still buy our memberships.... perhaps we won't be so happy to dig deeper for sundriy monies for other things. JB has withdrawn some of his monies.... that's a concern, hopefully the club has its finger on the pulse. Monitoring this plae is one way of doing that.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Whilst it does seem to me that the L2 seating debacle seems to get into every thread at the moment... take a look at this thread's title.... "Club or entertainment?" Surely this is the very thread in which it IS relevant to bring it up.

Degruch you said that you would be on the phone lobbying others to speak up.... well surely venting on here like St Fid is doing is pretty much the same thing? There'll be plenty from here who go to the AGM - you can be sure that when the topic is raised there is a lot more awareness about it than if it wasn't discussed on here. Also there are plenty of members on here (of whom St Fid is one) who personally know each other from having met at the football and elsewhere.

I'd be staggered if the club doesn't keep an eye on here.... Saintsmedia posts for one.... also although we are merely an unofficial fan forum, we do contribute to player sponsorship - times four! Who's to say that next year it won't be 5 or 6? Piss the supporters group off... and whilst we'll still buy our memberships.... perhaps we won't be so happy to dig deeper for sundriy monies for other things. JB has withdrawn some of his monies.... that's a concern, hopefully the club has its finger on the pulse. Monitoring this plae is one way of doing that.
Yeah, but my sympathy for their POV went out the window when the conoscending replies and abuse started. I think this is getting off the topic anyway (more relevant to the AGM thread), this thread has merely become a forum for grandstanding by a few posters whilst they do nothing.

Hey, all I did was point out that further action may have been needed as opposed to hoping the club will read this thread, seems like I've put a rocket up a few...not apologising for that at all.

markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Hey, all I did was point out that further action may have been needed as opposed to hoping the club will read this thread, seems like I've put a rocket up a few...not apologising for that at all.
Don't flatter yourself... all you're doing is trying to be a chiefy, and coming across as a nuffy.
Last edited by markp on Sun 11 Jan 2009 11:57am, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
degruch wrote: Hey, all I did was point out that further action may have been needed as opposed to hoping the club will read this thread, seems like I've put a rocket up a few...not apologising for that at all.
Don't flatter yourself... all your doing is trying to be a chiefy, and coming across as a nuffy.
Ooooh, strong words. Well, hopefully you guys to take a stand...this club needs supporters with balls, so get some or piss off. No apologies.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

For a start degruch I couldn't give a flog what you think - especially if thats you in the avatar. As for defeatist - what a load of Bullhsit. The acylote drones like you who see nothing but good in the club aggressively scream at you and howl you down at AGM's - I have been there and seen it. As well as that the board treats anything the member says these farces with contempt unless it is licking their arrogant arses.

Thanks St.Fid for the copy of the email you reveived from Fraser. Typical BS corporate speak that I expected from an atomotron suit.

The bit I really loved was equating of Reserved seats with purchasing a seat on a plane. Just shows the mentality and mindset of this passionless desicatted adding machine. Apparently you get a better seat on business class but have to pay more - oh no s.hit Sherlock :roll: .

One little thing though you Scottish git - do you most people fly 11 times a year? If you dont fly business class do you have to put up with drunks swearing and fighting in economy?

So lets take you stupid Corporate Speak analogy once step further. How many Airlines offer say Melbourne to Sydney for a fixed price (like football memberships) but then suddenly say you have to pay more but we are only taking you to Wollongong - because thats what you are doing this year - $125 more for one reserved game less.

And who here is passionate about Jetstar or QANTAS? WHo here put in money to save Ansett because it was a passion???

Fair dinkum this guy is tearing the heart out of the club for an extra revenue stream - at the expense of loyal supporters.

Wont matter to this employee - he is of with all of his tribal passion to GC 17 and leaving a trail of supporters disheartened in his wake.

Thanks Archie - you proved what i have been speaking about - pay up or piss off.

Nice one :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
markp wrote:
Don't flatter yourself... all your doing is trying to be a chiefy, and coming across as a nuffy.
Ooooh, strong words. Well, hopefully you guys to take a stand...this club needs supporters with balls, so get some or piss off. No apologies.
Thanks chief... you are obviously a man with 'balls' yourself, and have no doubt taken many heroic stands in your life while never being one to apologize for putting a few well placed rockets up those who are deserving (a real maverick)... it is totally understandable and right that you should use the term 'we' when assuming to speak on behalf of the entire forum...

I bow to you, and will consider the options you have given me seriously and thoroughly.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I think you guys are reading the wrong threads or something. Try this comment of mine from page 4:

"St Fid, have you told the club to extract a digit over this matter? This forum is not the club and you guys need to be nice and direct. JB's comments on the AGM thread in regard to not bothering are self-defeatist...you guys have got to stand up and be heard by the club. Airing it here is (not) good enough."

What I meant was had he approached the club again. After all, St Fid had first mentioned this on page 2 of this thread, I was keen to know.

So...that innocuous comment has got you girls up in arms. Why don't you lot actually do something instead of pre-emting everyone's responses (can't see myself howling you down at an AGM JB, since I've already stated earlier that I was entirely sympathetic to your position). What a bunch of lame arses.

So, got something constructive to add?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
markp wrote:
Thanks chief... you are obviously a man with 'balls' yourself, and have no doubt taken many heroic stands in your life while never being one to apologize for putting a few well placed rockets up those who are deserving (a real maverick)... it is totally understandable and right that you should use the term 'we' when assuming to speak on behalf of the entire forum...

I bow to you, and will consider the options you have given me seriously and thoroughly.
Dont waste you breath markp.

It is OK to argue a POV at odds with others - but when some here have delusions they speak for the whole forum - you know you are dealing with people who really need to get some priorities in order :D

I am so in awe of bloggers who think that antything posted on a forum matters.

FWIW I couldn't care less about if anyone agrees or disagrees with what I post - it wont make a difference to my opinion - especially the funny ones that try to all the "I'm a better supporter than you" BS.

This bloke above is chief amongst the drones :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: So, got something constructive to add?
Yes.

You are a drone.

Constructive enough for you Mr Delusional??? 8-) 8-)

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
markp wrote:

It is OK to argue a POV at odds with others - but when some here have delusions they speak for the whole forum - you know you are dealing with people who really need to get some priorities in order :D

FWIW I couldn't care less about if anyone agrees or disagrees with what I post - it wont make a difference to my opinion - especially the funny ones that try to all the "I'm a better supporter than you" BS.

It really is amazing how some choose to act like sycophantic cult members....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
markp wrote:

Wow, you really told me there...sheesh.

Bow to me, eh? So you should, my fellow forumites and I will be looking forward to this year whilst you and your mates are wallowing in the events of 2008.

If you haven't worked out by now that you and a couple of your mates are barking up the wrong tree by addressing this forum to solve your problems, you never will. You're allowed to have an opinion, you're even allowed to bang on forever about it and do nothing, hey you can even go nuts and spend page after page abusing people who empower you to take a stand, but don't expect to make many friends in the process. I speak more this forum as a whole than you on this matter.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote: So, got something constructive to add?
Yes.

You are a drone.

Constructive enough for you Mr Delusional??? 8-) 8-)
Christ, you really ARE a wanker. Grow some balls loser.

markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
markp wrote:

Wow, you really told me there...sheesh.

Bow to me, eh? So you should, my fellow forumites and I will be looking forward to this year whilst you and your mates are wallowing in the events of 2008.

If you haven't worked out by now that you and a couple of your mates are barking up the wrong tree by addressing this forum to solve your problems, you never will. You're allowed to have an opinion, you're even allowed to bang on forever about it and do nothing, hey you can even go nuts and spend page after page abusing people who empower you to take a stand, but don't expect to make many friends in the process. I speak more this forum as a whole than you on this matter.
Whatev's chiefy.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
markp wrote:

Spot on joffaboy, just who is this poster that's suggesting that he is posting on behalf of most on here and telling others to piss off :roll:

For all I know he's probably not even a member and has never been a reserved seat holder.

Again, I have telephoned the Club on two occasions and have emailed the Club twice, voicing my opinion on the way they have treated around 500 members.

Most of those effected members are not part of this forum.

Now, degruch, if you don't like what you are reading, I suggest you piss off and stop your comments that you are speaking on behalf of most on here. :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Do me and the rest of us a favour St Fid, go to the AGM and bring it up...you've got this far, why don't you finish 'em off. Not sure why that notion scares you and JB so much...you're not scared of being confronted by a pencil case wearing St Kilda 'drone' at the AGM too, are you?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

In defence of St Fid...he has actually contacted the Club AFAIK with some grievances.

Of course theres nothing wrong with discussing these issues on here..its a big part of what we exist for. Having a grizzle is fine too, but its the "oh why bother talking to the Club, they wont listen" attitude that gets to me.

Oh and by golly yes the Club most definately read this site, pretty much daily...and more closely than you'd imagine..I can vouch for that first-hand. I cant see them however acting on a grievance purely 'cos they read it here. I'd imagine that they'd quite rightly think to themselves that if someone feels that strongly about being wronged, they'll at least attempt some communcation via the channels that theyve set in place.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I'm staggered that people don't think a Saints fan forum is the ideal place for supporters to discuss this topic.

Absolutely. One of the most unusual things I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I'm staggered that people don't think a Saints fan forum is the ideal place for supporters to discuss this topic.

Absolutely. One of the most unusual things I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.
Me too, I don't know what's wrong with some people. Lack of tolerance stems from immaturity I guess.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Me too, I don't know what's wrong with some people. Lack of tolerance stems from immaturity I guess.
degruch wrote:
10 - We agree with 'degruch' that this forum is the wrong place to challenge the club over member mistreatment and expect action.

1 - We agree with 'St Fid' that this forum is the appropriate place to challenge the club over member mistreatment and expect action.

degruch wrote: the club is never gonna trawl through every 6 page thread to find out whether poster A beats poster B in an idealogical armwrestle - if issues like L2 seating allocation are that important to some members, their opinion needs to be delivered to the club direct and to the point, as personally as possible. Repeating the issue ad infinitum in an attempt to recruit an army of pissed off members (as one forumite is doing, not St Fid, to the best of my knowledge) is boring as hell and achieves nothing. I'm interested to know if anyone really cares enough to raise it at the AGM.
Wake up, I have a feeling that some of that was directed towards you.

And as far as me being "boring as hell", don't bother replying to my posts then, and if you do, speak for yourself and don't pretend that you are speaking for the majority

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!