Chris McDermott Is A Fool!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

the shadow
Club Player

McDermott is just bitter because Blighty showed him the door the year Adelaide went on to win the flag. Then in another devastating blow his career as a male model also failed. The guy is a shocking tipster, failed coach and possibly the worst commentator since our own defensive coach, Steven Silvagni.

Yes, the saints are short on talent, when you exclude Riewoldt, Ball, Dal, Kosi, Milne, Fisher, Max, Joey, Lenny, BJ, Schneider, King, Dempster, the Clarkes etc.

What a tool from Glenelg would know about the saints is negligible. Those SA wankers don't know that anything exists beyond the outer suburbs of Adelaide, that quaint country town caught in a 1940's timewarp that is only famous for its bizarre gothic sex crimes and mass murders.

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

the shadow wrote:What a tool from Glenelg would know about the saints is negligible. Those SA wankers don't know that anything exists beyond the outer suburbs of Adelaide, that quaint country town caught in a 1940's timewarp that is only famous for its bizarre gothic sex crimes and mass murders.
I gather you don't come from Cheltenham SA then, just over the road from me?

Pilgram
Club Player

the shadow wrote:McDermott is just bitter because Blighty showed him the door the year Adelaide went on to win the flag. Then in another devastating blow his career as a male model also failed. The guy is a shocking tipster, failed coach and possibly the worst commentator since our own defensive coach, Steven Silvagni.

Yes, the saints are short on talent, when you exclude Riewoldt, Ball, Dal, Kosi, Milne, Fisher, Max, Joey, Lenny, BJ, Schneider, King, Dempster, the Clarkes etc.

What a tool from Glenelg would know about the saints is negligible. Those SA wankers don't know that anything exists beyond the outer suburbs of Adelaide, that quaint country town caught in a 1940's timewarp that is only famous for its bizarre gothic sex crimes and mass murders.
2RIGHT!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

the shadow wrote: What a tool from Glenelg would know about the saints is negligible. Those SA wankers don't know that anything exists beyond the outer suburbs of Adelaide, that quaint country town caught in a 1940's timewarp that is only famous for its bizarre gothic sex crimes and mass murders.
I thought it was serial killings not mass murders.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
the shadow wrote: What a tool from Glenelg would know about the saints is negligible. Those SA wankers don't know that anything exists beyond the outer suburbs of Adelaide, that quaint country town caught in a 1940's timewarp that is only famous for its bizarre gothic sex crimes and mass murders.
Damn straight! Keep your hands on your social security cheque if you ever visit.

Pilgram
Club Player

Ice Wolf wrote:
technically four killings is classified as mass-murder.

sainters man
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:I don't think he's far off the mark to be honest.
You dont know much about football mate! that is all i have to say

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

His guess is as good as any at this time of the year. Don't see the point in bitching about him giving an opinion (which seems pretty reasonable).

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:His guess is as good as any at this time of the year. Don't see the point in bitching about him giving an opinion (which seems pretty reasonable).
Agreed, and with respect to the S.A. Saints supporters, how about just remaining on topic and not about some so called bizarre history, one would think most states have some issues.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Pilgram
Club Player

sainters man wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I don't think he's far off the mark to be honest.
You dont know much about football mate! that is all i have to say
he dont know much about anything and such.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Is Chris McDermott Right?

I have had a look at Chris McDermott's final eight and he has the saints at 13th? I originally thought that this is was a bit odd and I thought no way will we finish there, but maybe we will, who knows?
Other sides will improve heaps like richmond and carlton. We almost could have easily have missed the eight last year as finishing in top 4 like we did. We have alot of new young players that will take a few years to come on and we have lost robert harvey the heart and soul of the club. I hope we win the flag this year I have waited 30 years for this and i know our time will come, but I don't think we are as good as the top two teams and I think we need to go down and get these young guys up to scratch while we still have the likes of roo, dal, hayes, ball and goodard etc...then we can have another crack at it...i don't know how we will go without Harvey, i know he was a bench player last year but he still always had a go, the rest of these prima donna's in that team better step up and take the lead, or will get a rude reality check this year

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think season 09 will be pretty similar to season 08 as far as ladder positions

Pilgram
Club Player

spert wrote:I think season 09 will be pretty similar to season 08 as far as ladder positions
with us moving into a clear third position just behind a geelong side that is in decline.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Where are we going to improve?

Teams under us will improve, teams above us may not.

If we don't improve, we won't move up the ladder. If we don't improve, teams will overtake us.

I'm unsure where this improvement is going to come from.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What team was predicted by many after the nab crap finished last year to finish either as premiers or in the GF?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chris McDermott Is A Fool!!!

sax wrote:This dick has picked us to finish 13th and this is what he's got to say

"The team in danger of the biggest slump. The loss of old boy, Robert Harvey, has the midfield looking far less imposing. Ross Lyon's squad is thin on pace, thin on quality talls and thin on quality talent"

this is his ladder FYI

1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Collingwood
4. Bulldogs
5. Carlton
6. Port
7. Richmond
8. Adelaide
9. West Coast
10. North Melbourne
11. Brisbane
12. Sydney
13. St. Kilda
14. Essendon
15. Fremantle
16. Melbourne
carlton 5th?
Port 6th?
Collingwood 3rd?
Bulldogs 4th?
St Kilda 13th?

What is this guy been smoking...........I want some :lol:

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
spert
Saintsational Legend

Although many think Carlton will improve, I think they will stand still or fall off the pace..same for Richmond. I think Essendon, Brisbane and Melbourne will make up the bottom three.
The Saints don't need a lot of work to jump up a rung -I expect (injuries permitting) that guys like Armitage, Eddy, Gwilt and RClarke will consolidate this season. I would also expect a good season from Ball, Kozi and Roo. We won't win a flag until we get a bit more strength in the backline though.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Although many think Carlton will improve, I think they will stand still or fall off the pace..same for Richmond. I think Essendon, Brisbane and Melbourne will make up the bottom three.
The Saints don't need a lot of work to jump up a rung -I expect (injuries permitting) that guys like Armitage, Eddy, Gwilt and RClarke will consolidate this season. I would also expect a good season from Ball, Kozi and Roo. We won't win a flag until we get a bit more strength in the backline though.
Yup... when you go from last to 10th or 9th, it looks impressive. But getting from 10th ot 7th becomes harder and going from that to top 4 even harder.

Whilst Tiggers and Blues might improve, the teams above them may also improve.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I'm still amazed that people are still moronic enough to look at ladder positions in order to assess whether a team improved or not - or will improve the following year.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:I'm still amazed that people are still moronic enough to look at ladder positions in order to assess whether a team improved or not - or will improve the following year.

it's conveniant, and easy to rebutt with quotes like "yeah but we finished 4th"

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I'm still amazed that people are still moronic enough to look at ladder positions in order to assess whether a team improved or not - or will improve the following year.

it's conveniant, and easy to rebutt with quotes like "yeah but we finished 4th"
Clearly.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn first positon on ladder -does that indicate any improvment from the previous year? Does Melbourne on the bottom indicate they had a bad year??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Hawthorn first positon on ladder -does that indicate any improvment from the previous year? Does Melbourne on the bottom indicate they had a bad year??
Sigh.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:
Robert Harvey's retirement is the best thing that has happened to St Kilda in 21 years
Seriously? :roll:

As for Chris McDermott's opinion. So what? It's like looking at the bookie odds and having a meltdown if you don't agree with the positioning.

If McDermott has us at 13th or 1st....it does not make one scrap of difference.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
PJ
SS Life Member

With regards to Chris McDermott I wouldn't bother even writing about him - not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Rodgerfox you've said one of your posts in the past that perhaps your problem is you - correct. It's good to have an objective view and not be wrapping the players up unnecessarily but have you got anything positive to add?

I personally think there's a great deal to be positive about in the existing squad without having to look outside for that magic recruit that is going to save the club (I wonder who that could be?).

1/ L Ball fit and in good form
2/ Armitage and Steven to add to the midfield as in and under players
3/ Goddard to take more responsibility and progression as a key play maker
4/ R Clarke to put family issues behind and develop along the path he was going late 08.
5/ M Gardiner to contribute to the ruck set up (IMO he is more agile, better at tapping and a better mark than what we have)
6/ S Fisher to add to his roles in defence by creating a presence in the midfield.
7/ L Fisher to provide some more grunt to the midfield and get his game back on track
8/ Maguire & Baker - aggression and experience (a bit lacking last year)
9/ Defensive apprentices to improve and stand up - Dawson, miles, Gaertner.
10/ Outstanding young talent on display - Lynch, Heyne, Cahill, Stanley and of course the cult figure Choo Choo.

Anybody else care to add - be my guest

But I guess I'm just being subjective!! or is that positive.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.