worth watching the zebras

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Back on the issue of current Sandy players......one thing (about the only thing) I'll miss about Casey is not having Kyle Matthews running around.

I thought he was a great leader of the magoos side, and would like it if Sandy could pinch him.

Any other Casey players that people can think of that would be good to get down at Sandy?
Ilzy
Good call!

Gotta keep Saintsational represented somehow 8-)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Bakes and Goose may never recover from the injuries they have.

I really hope I'm wrong, because I love their commitment and attitude.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I'd be expecting Baker to quickly find himself in the side, regardless of injury.

Maguire, while I've no doubt we see him at some point, given his issues in '08 I'd be hoping for a slower buildup. Nobody benefits from rushing a guy like him back into the side, and he needs to establish confidence with and without the ball in his hands if he's ever to get back to where he was - his boldness and courage added intangibles beyond the strength and long kicking. However if you rush him in while he's struggling with giving away free kicks, playing the Ross Lyon zone, and turning over the ball, then why bother?

The surprisingly good '08 of Jason Blake allows us to take a patient approach with Maguire in '09.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford