ALL Players sponsors. Please Read !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

What do you think of Eastern's proposal?

Absolutely, MM deserves recognition for his work!
67%
MM does deserve recognition but this is not fair for the other sponsors.
27%
MM doesn't deserve recognition, there are plenty of volunteers on SS that don't get rewarded.
7%

Total votes: 30

GrumpyOne

saintfreddy wrote:Firstly I want to congratulate Mr Magic on the terrific work he has done. Clearly this would not have happened if he hadn't put his hand up.

BUT

In all honesty this sets a dangerous precedent. I can immediately think of lots of other hard working people on the saintsational site. For one; all the moderators who give generously of their time (for years and years).

For the person who does all the organising for the footy matches played between saintsational and other forums etc.

It would have been very easy to give away all the prizes to "hard working" volunteer saintsational people. People could argue why shouldn't we?

Where do these generous gestures start and stop? I have no doubts Mr Magic did this because he has passion and loves the Saints as we all do. As do all the other hard working volunteers on this board.
Bullshyte.

Unlike the other examples you quote, the reward is a direct benefit of MM's efforts.

Its just a small expression of appreciation by those who have participated in the sponsorship drive.

Modesty is for wimps and Freo players. Step up and take your rightful reward Mr Magic with pride. We insist.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I understand where you are coming from Freddy but I have to disagree. MM went beyond the call of duty out of passion for the club and he deserves to have that recognised, I'm sure the vast majority of sponsors will agree.

However I see there being quite a race to start up the sponsorship drive next year :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintfreddy
Club Player

Hmmm how interesting. So only those who volunteer and make money are to be rewarded. Those who volunteer their time freely and don't make any money are entitled to nothing.

Also Grumpyone please speak for yourself when you say; "We insist". Some on the board may insist, however you do not speak for everyone on Saintsational

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintfreddy wrote:Hmmm how interesting. So only those who volunteer and make money are to be rewarded. Those who volunteer their time freely and don't make any money are entitled to nothing.

Also Grumpyone please speak for yourself when you say; "We insist". Some on the board may insist, however you do not speak for everyone on Saintsational
Well Grumps !!

On this one you speak for me !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

And me!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
axcellence
Club Player

I agree that Mr Magic should be given recognition for the effort.

I just believe that it should be done via a fair & open process. Can I suggest a poll for the player sponsors to vote on which (or any alternatives) of sponsors gifts be given to Mr Magic?

Again, I agree with recognition - I just believe in sanctity of a correct process and with having consultation with all of the sponsors.

saintvic
Club Player

I agree 100% that Mr. Magic should be rewarded for all his effort, and it

looks like from this post most other player sponsors agree.

GrumpyOne

saintfreddy wrote:Hmmm how interesting. So only those who volunteer and make money are to be rewarded. Those who volunteer their time freely and don't make any money are entitled to nothing.

I was using the "Royal We" Freddy.

And it you bothered reading the whole thread, I think you will find that you are the only dissenter to the proposal, (excepting MM of course.).

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

In Freddy's defence not a great deal of sponsors have posted in this thread so while it may seem like a nearly unanimous desicion we don't know what the popular opinion is just yet.

I have added a poll to see what the majority of people think, I think after we see a larger group of opinions we can go from there.

Eg. Some people might not like the idea but don't want to come out and post it and would much rather hide behind the anonymity of a poll.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:Bullshyte.

Unlike the other examples you quote, the reward is a direct benefit of MM's efforts.

Its just a small expression of appreciation by those who have participated in the sponsorship drive.

Modesty is for wimps and Freo players. Step up and take your rightful reward Mr Magic with pride. We insist.
Well put Grumps! On this matter we are in complete accord!

Raven
Club Player

Look, the fact is we can sit here all day and say that he needs the recognition and that he's taking a prize, but there's not a lot we can do if he doesn't accept it. And I think he's made it pretty clear he's not doing so.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote: Eg. Some people might not like the idea but don't want to come out and post it and would much rather hide behind the anonymity of a poll.
The anonymity bit is very telling.

MM puts his bank account out there for us all to deposit into, and did so for the fund raiser to pay the costs for the site too.

This in itself takes away a huge part of his "internet anonymity".

I've cast my vote.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:Look, the fact is we can sit here all day and say that he needs the recognition and that he's taking a prize, but there's not a lot we can do if he doesn't accept it. And I think he's made it pretty clear he's not doing so.
I think we should respect MM's wishes.

My perspective is one who has had a role in organising the sponsorships as well..the first year in a major way...these last two just handling the raffle. MM's great work has meant that I could put my feet up these last two as he had it all under control.

I like MM just put in because we want to see it happen..and we enjoy putting in. This is reward enough.

As pointed out others do put into SS in various ways.

The Mods in many ways have a thankless task...as they have to often adjudicate etc.

SS is a great place because people choose to put in....,,everyone that does so is not seeking a reward..we just enjoy putting in.

If you really really want to reward MM..I think you will find that the best way is that one time when SS needs something done in some way...to give some of your time, etc to it..

That is the joy of volunteering...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
I think we should respect MM's wishes.

My perspective is one who has had a role in organising the sponsorships as well..the first year in a major way...these last two just handling the raffle. MM's great work has meant that I could put my feet up these last two as he had it all under control.

I like MM just put in because we want to see it happen..and we enjoy putting in. This is reward enough.

As pointed out others do put into SS in various ways.

The Mods in many ways have a thankless task...as they have to often adjudicate etc.

SS is a great place because people choose to put in....,,everyone that does so is not seeking a reward..we just enjoy putting in.

If you really really want to reward MM..I think you will find that the best way is that one time when SS needs something done in some way...to give some of your time, etc to it..

That is the joy of volunteering...
agreed...

Just why do some of us want a poll on this where the poster has clearly stated what he wants, he wants to give off some of his shares and I really congratulate him for that, let alone his efforts in this sponsorship campaign.

Truly a fantastic effort, and as you can gather Mr Magic, most and if not all, do appreciate the effort you have put in.

IMO you wish is our command, and what ever you want with this issue we should all agree, without having a poll over the issue.

Let's just stop some possible embarrassment for a poster that has felt the need to do this for this site and would like this issue put to bed.

If Mr Magic does not want what most want on here, then Mr Magic should have the final say and not by a poll FFS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Put this to bed FFS

The mods/admin have created a position that, I am sure has embarrassed Mr Magic.

Yes, I thought he should deserve the suggestion that Eastern had suggested, but clearly Mr Magic does not want that.

To conduct a poll on the issue is further embarrassing Mr Magic...

Please, mods and admin...

why the F*** have you done this??

You may have created more crap from this and embarrass Mr Magic by creating a division amongst posters....

Gee someone there really needs to have a crystal ball :idea:

Just leave him be, again he has given his response and for some reason a mod thought that it should continue...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sam23
SS Life Member

-1 in the 2nd option i wanted to see results.

Goddard.
Raven
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Put this to bed FFS

The mods/admin have created a position that, I am sure has embarrassed Mr Magic.

Yes, I thought he should deserve the suggestion that Eastern had suggested, but clearly Mr Magic does not want that.

You may have created more crap from this and embarrass Mr Magic by creating a division amongst posters....

Just leave him be, again he has given his response and for some reason a mod thought that it should continue...
Well said.

The offer was put forward, Mr Magic politely and respectfully declined.

Why not leave it at that? Why embarrass him further?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:

Well said.

Yep, and lets not forget that posters can vote that are not even sponsors.

So just how good is this poll :idea: :roll:

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
Raven wrote:

Well said.

Yep, and lets not forget that posters can vote that are not even sponsors.

So just how good is this poll :idea: :roll:
Well.... have a poll amongst the sponsors then.

Still, 68% is not a bad margin, and why would anyone who is not a sponsor vote?

One wonders why you are leading this drive to unreward MM St Fid?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Grumpy One, I have already stated WHY

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:Grumpy One, I have already stated WHY
Correct St Fid, you did give a reason in your first post, but since then you have continued to gild the lily somewhat in subsequent posts.

I could understand your first given reason, but by your fervent and enthusiastic championing of the cause in those subsequent posts I am beginning to have doubts about your motives.

I am sure we all got the message first time round.

Why have you taken such an interest in Mr Magic's well-being that you are energetically pushing for him not to be embarrassed?

Are there others you consider more deserving? Maybe yourself for some task performed for SS in the past? Or maybe as a result there will be a bigger opportunity for you to score tickets in the raffles?

By blowing this up to be a big issue, you have now made it impossible for Mr Magic to accept a deserved gesture of recognition without further debate on this forum.

I hope you are proud of yourself. Absolute top shelf effort from someone not prepared to get off his own butt to do something for the forum.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Grumpy One, I have already stated WHY
Correct St Fid, you did give a reason in your first post, but since then you have continued to gild the lily somewhat in subsequent posts.

I could understand your first given reason, but by your fervent and enthusiastic championing of the cause in those subsequent posts I am beginning to have doubts about your motives.

I am sure we all got the message first time round.

Why have you taken such an interest in Mr Magic's well-being that you are energetically pushing for him not to be embarrassed?

Are there others you consider more deserving? Maybe yourself for some task performed for SS in the past? Or maybe as a result there will be a bigger opportunity for you to score tickets in the raffles?

By blowing this up to be a big issue, you have now made it impossible for Mr Magic to accept a deserved gesture of recognition without further debate on this forum.

I hope you are proud of yourself. Absolute top shelf effort from someone not prepared to get off his own butt to do something for the forum.
You just have no idea do you :?: :roll:
FW

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
You just have no idea do you :?: :roll:
FW
Maybe not, but if your only response is name-calling, I'm light-years ahead of you. :lol:

Richter
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: Whilst the sentiment behind this is greatly appreciated, I feel I should be treated exactly the same as any other member of the sponsorship group with exactly the same chances of winning any prizes as everybody else.
That about sums it up. The recognition that MM will get is one of gratitude from the forum - and you can rely on a beer from me if we ever meet in a non-internet forum.

I'm with St Fid - on the poll there is no option that I feel happy voting for option d/

Mr M deserves recognition but he declines the offer of a prize. However, if I ever meet him at the footy I will buy him a beer (or my proxy will - I nominate my proxy as Eastern) :D :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

What an immature comment, I really couldn't give a rats ass if I won anything, I am a sponsor because I am supporting the Club and not in it to score anything.

I am not the one blowing this up to be a big issue, it is the mods that have done that by conducting a poll on the issue.

Are you that thick that you can't even see that!

Again, You have no farken idea, do you?

Yes Richter, Allan appreciated the offer, but he feels he should be treated in the same way as other members of the sponsorship group.