ALL Players sponsors. Please Read !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

What do you think of Eastern's proposal?

Absolutely, MM deserves recognition for his work!
67%
MM does deserve recognition but this is not fair for the other sponsors.
27%
MM doesn't deserve recognition, there are plenty of volunteers on SS that don't get rewarded.
7%

Total votes: 30

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ALL Players sponsors. Please Read !!

As part of our sponsorship we are given tickets to a sponsors function, B&F, and ??? other functions. Last year we conducted a raffle to find who amongst us was lucky enough to get to attend these functions, which was a fantastic idea.

I believe that Mr Magic SHOULD be given one of these in 2009 in appreciation of all the work he has done in organizing the whole thing, collecting the monies etc. The function he attends should be the one of HIS CHOICE.

If anyone else thinks this is FAIR ENOUGH please post below.

Sorry Mr Magic. You DON'T get a say in the matter !!

GrumpyOne

Fair enough.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: ALL Players sponsors. Please Read !!

Eastern wrote:As part of our sponsorship we are given tickets to a sponsors function, B&F, and ??? other functions. Last year we conducted a raffle to find who amongst us was lucky enough to get to attend these functions, which was a fantastic idea.

I believe that Mr Magic SHOULD be given one of these in 2009 in appreciation of all the work he has done in organizing the whole thing, collecting the monies etc. The function he attends should be the one of HIS CHOICE.

Thanks Eastern but I categroically would not accept it.

My intention actually is to give 2 of my remaining 4 shares away (1 each to Homework and RalphySaints35) although they don't know about it yet.

As for the other 2, 1 I'll keep and the other I'm still deciding on who to donate it to.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Eastern wrote:As part of our sponsorship we are given tickets to a sponsors function, B&F, and ??? other functions. Last year we conducted a raffle to find who amongst us was lucky enough to get to attend these functions, which was a fantastic idea.

Thanks Eastern but I categroically would not accept it.

My intention actually is to give 2 of my remaining 4 shares away (1 each to Homework and RalphySaints35) although they don't know about it yet.

As for the other 2, 1 I'll keep and the other I'm still deciding on who to donate it to.
Mr Magic. Read the bottom line..........AGAIN :evil: :twisted: !!

PLUGGER14
Club Player

I agree.

zebraman
Club Player

PLUGGER14 wrote:I agree.
Ditto

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sounds fair to me. If Mr Magic feels uncomfortable with being given this then his name can always be drawn first "and no further correspondence shall be entered into."

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i also agree..2 years in a row he has been the sole reason this has happened

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Thanks Eastern but I categorically would not accept it.
Who asked for your opinion? :)

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I agree.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just of note
the first 'piece'
of the sponsorships is attendance at the Seasons launch ( unlike last year when it was a sponsors dinner)

not sure when this will be held - but will obviously be before Rd 1 of Home and Away- mid March

In Short- the draw for the tickets to this event will need to be drawn early for those succesfull to make arrangements.
that will be 4 lucky sponsors first up.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Sounds fair to me. If Mr Magic feels uncomfortable with being given this then his name can always be drawn first "and no further correspondence shall be entered into."
I love this idea :D

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Raven
Club Player

I like the idea, but of course we can't make MM take it if he doesn't want it. :P

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:Sounds fair to me. If Mr Magic feels uncomfortable with being given this then his name can always be drawn first "and no further correspondence shall be entered into."
I love this idea :D
I'll third this idea.

MM deserves a night out on us all for the great work he does.

But he would also be expected to return a full run-down of the night's events, so it wouldn't be such an easy ride...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I agree with Iceman, in return for the tickets he MUST do a writeup, I think that is completely fair.

Also MM, if you don't take the tickets we will have them go to waste, do you want that on your conscience buddy :lol: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
santazzi
Club Player

Great Idea Eastern. Fully supported. If Mr Magic continues to protest I have the solution. If I win I donate the winning to him if he refuses to accept it goes unused. If you all follow me Mr Magic has no choice but to accept Eastern's offer endorsed by all of us!!!!!!!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

no argumen :wink: ts here. Need a date? I look good in a skirt.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:no argumen :wink: ts here. Need a date? I look good in a skirt.
We'll take your word for it mate :wink: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I agree with everyone else Mr Magic.
I honestly think you deserve to take one of the prizes that are up for grabs. It a huge thing you do in arranging a sponsorship and the fact that you donate shares is truly saintsational :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
goodie
Club Player

Got my support

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic you have been definitely outvoted, brilliant suggestion from you Eastern.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
djsburke
Club Player

i agree, give them to mr magic

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:just of note
In Short- the draw for the tickets to this event will need to be drawn early for those succesfull to make arrangements.
that will be 4 lucky sponsors first up.
Tis already under control and being arranged.

Will be done in essence the same way as the last 2 I have done ( ie one share = one ticket = one chance of winning a prize) except that this one will have a pre-season draw for the first occuring prize.

The others can all drawn together at say the first home game. TBA

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintfreddy
Club Player

Firstly I want to congratulate Mr Magic on the terrific work he has done. Clearly this would not have happened if he hadn't put his hand up.

BUT

In all honesty this sets a dangerous precedent. I can immediately think of lots of other hard working people on the saintsational site. For one; all the moderators who give generously of their time (for years and years).

For the person who does all the organising for the footy matches played between saintsational and other forums etc.

It would have been very easy to give away all the prizes to "hard working" volunteer saintsational people. People could argue why shouldn't we?

Where do these generous gestures start and stop? I have no doubts Mr Magic did this because he has passion and loves the Saints as we all do. As do all the other hard working volunteers on this board.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintfreddy wrote:Firstly I want to congratulate Mr Magic on the terrific work he has done. Clearly this would not have happened if he hadn't put his hand up.

BUT

In all honesty this sets a dangerous precedent. I can immediately think of lots of other hard working people on the saintsational site. For one; all the moderators who give generously of their time (for years and years).

For the person who does all the organising for the footy matches played between saintsational and other forums etc.

It would have been very easy to give away all the prizes to "hard working" volunteer saintsational people. People could argue why shouldn't we?

Where do these generous gestures start and stop? I have no doubts Mr Magic did this because he has passion and loves the Saints as we all do. As do all the other hard working volunteers on this board.
I agree
I concur
100% spot on.

Whilst the sentiment behind this is greatly appreciated, I feel I should be treated exactly the same as any other member of the sponsorship group with exactly the same chances of winning any prizes as everybody else.